WTF is up with the useless posts here at GBATemp

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATemp was always one of my favorite sites, but it seems that the forums are getting out of hand recently. I am all for new members, but not morons. There has to be a way to control this.

You go into a thread now a days, and there is nothing on fucking topic with the thread. It's like a 5 page thread, with 1 or 2 correct postings about the thread heading.

I just want to get some agreement on this point. And for you fucking retartarded newbies who don't know better:

1- Fucking use Search
2- Don't have conversations about shit that is off topic. Go to MIRC, or fucking make a new thread
3- Stop writting where you download your games from.
4- Stop asking where to download games from.
5- Keep on fucking topic. Something titled Ghost Busters is about fucking Ghost Busters not some other fucking game you can't get to load.

I hate to see this place go the way of Maxconsoles.

Just some one do me a favor out there. If the intelligent people are migrating to a non retard forum about Wii/NDS, could you please let me know where it is before I am the last one on here and stuck with these people. PM me the new site, cause last thing we need is for others to go there and start this shit all over again.

D

Deleted-119707

Mantis41 said:
Hey you lot, do you want some cheese to go with that or what!!!

^thats whats everyone is talking about....

anyway, maybe if the search function is improved, then maybe people will se it more. i suggests an 'advanced search' function.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
it would be faster for me to click fast reply and type my problem

why would i bother to use the search function, when i have to screen through all the post, replies and thread myself (wasting time)

EDIT: then whats the purpose of forum, bbs, board and etc? when people can't ask any question (mainly repeated)

*flame shield on*

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
nicky041192 said:
Mantis41 said:
Hey you lot, do you want some cheese to go with that or what!!!

^thats whats everyone is talking about....

anyway, maybe if the search function is improved, then maybe people will se it more. i suggests an 'advanced search' function.
There is one, but the problem with that one is that it requires a lot of bandwidth from GBAtemp's server and as I'm sure you've noticed GBAtemp hasn't been too fast lately.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
chrisf said:
da_head said:
newer members shouldn't even be allowed to make threads. honestly. i visit a forum called teamliquid.net where the staff is strict as fuck, and new members can't even make a thread for like a week or 2 first, and ppl get banned for doing one or two stupid things. it may sound pretty extreme, but as long as ur a normal decent member, it helps quality control. if i was a mod, i would be doing a LOT of banning. my major complaint is our warning system here. u have to get a good 10 warnings before getting banned. i think it should be 5, or maybe even fewer.

fuck that shit. move to asia if u want to be controlled by people who r strict as fuck

if you don't even know asia culture, then STFU. Asia is not what a shallow minded idiot would understand. We have the chinese culture which until today still exist. If it is some fucked up culture as you think, there wouldn't be any chinese culture left today
what happened to the egyptians? what happened to the romans? greeks? even asia was bullied by all the nations before WWII.
Today asia still stands strong-
how many of your household items are from asia?
-if you're so superior, then produce your own
how many made in china stuff you have?
how many artifacts did non-asians steal from asia

Don't use the PC, it was made by asian ancestors
from yin and yang that contributes to pc
yin and yang = 1 0
it derive the 8 x 8 = 64
the 64 time frame or whatever you guys call
it works like a 64 bit system
we have 64 bit
smile.gif

don't use the calculator as well, its from asian culture.
The abacus was the ancestor of all calculators.
Don't use paper, it was made by the chinese.
gun powder, types, all asia products. tin, copper, opium
go to a british museum
take a look, how many artifacts are from china?
when asia was colonized, how were they treated?
if they did not listen, they were killed like dogs.
i'd rather be an asian, because our ancestors wouldn't do that.
this is no insult, but history.

dinofan01 said:
QUOTE(Trulen @ Jun 26 2009, 10:15 PM)
Oh. And completely off topic.

You people
Stop your obsessions with all things Japanese.
It's unhealthy.

/Rant
lol. That came out of nowhere.
+1 to randomness.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
AlexFili said:
For someone with a Polish flag, you seem to know a lot about Asia.

And you seem to know nothing. No one here has a polish flag. If you mean iPikachu, she's Singporean. Unless I'm Polish too.

The one I agree to most amongst most suggetsions is the The Newbie special measures. Just to reduce frustration and also, to decrease the number of pages of memebers with only 1 post. Go check out the memebers list, a few thousand pages probably.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is the over aggresive users repeatedly getting pissed of by some remark of some person which is not understanding things or has trouble doing so.

If some n00b posts something on the 3rd page of a topic which is like a valid question in his mind the next 4 pages tend to be semi flames.

The new people arent up to speed about many things , whats worse is that other n00bs flame them.

The reaction to the n00bs is quite hostile and has been ever since http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118...p;#entry1581348 .

You cant moderate everything but some of the users annoyences shouldnt be posted even if the question is really dumb!

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a tad sarcastic before, but I find the moans and groans just as annoying as someone’s stupid question. If more people took the time to answer the questions there would be less crap littering these posts. If you get the occasional Yutz who won’t shut up after there question has been answered then by all means, get the moderators to send a warning of limit his/her account in some way.
hate2.gif

ZER∅

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iPikachu said:
how many of your household items are from asia?
-if you're so superior, then produce your own
how many made in china stuff you have?
how many artifacts did non-asians steal from asia

Don't use the PC, it was made by asian ancestors

don't use the calculator as well, its from asian culture.
The abacus was the ancestor of all calculators.
Don't use paper, it was made by the chinese.
gun powder, types, all asia products. tin, copper, opium
go to a british museum
take a look, how many artifacts are from china?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: