Hacking wtf bricked after installing a wad?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an SSBB DVD5 custom outfits version that seems to have less freezes if I just skip the menu entirely, so I use my savemiifrii and it autoboots with just a chip and no diag-check removal patch...pretty sure. could be wrong, but whats he got to lose?

Rurounik99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
noobwarrior7 said:
or you're referring to a bad dump, a DVD5 personal dump of mine will autoboot with only the autoboot bit set, no diag disc check removed, did it the other day.
I could double check I guess, but Im feeling lazy.

and as I said, as long as he can try something, might as well try the Fish disc, since he may have the right IOS16 installed.
The thing is that since the 4.0 Update u cant use Truched games like SSBB DVD5 version, at least if you dont install IOS60 onto your Wii that's our case.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I said IF he has cIOScorp, which would have the trucha bug.
youre right though if he just has a chip, he needs trucha IOS.

I have another idea, IF YOU HAVE CIOSCORP,
you can set the autoboot bit on the PAL SSBB disc, and replace its main.dol with the NTSC-U main.dol in wiiscrubber, and IF it loaded, which is a big IF, it would look for the SmashStack files correctly, in theory. just yet another thing you could try.

Rurounik99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
noobwarrior7 said:
but I said IF he has cIOScorp, which would have the trucha bug.
youre right though if he just has a chip, he needs trucha IOS.

I have another idea, IF YOU HAVE CIOSCORP,
you can set the autoboot bit on the PAL SSBB disc, and replace its main.dol with the NTSC-U main.dol in wiiscrubber, and IF it loaded, which is a big IF, it would look for the SmashStack files correctly, in theory. just yet another thing you could try.
I don't have it, since my Wii was chiped i didn't care about any cIOS or anything since my Wii was runing every game i put on it, and i don't like to play other regions on my USA Wii, or even WADs... Sadly i didn't had any idea of a brick like that cause i never had one Brick in the last 2 years.

Rurounik99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
noobwarrior7 said:
oh, well yep then youre screwed.
Just for now, i realy hope that someone find a way to boot some kind of Wad manager, ticket remover or a way to format the Wii using some kind of Magic DVD.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
like the new title?!
rofl2.gif

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
like the new title?!
rofl2.gif
yeah lol. I'm gonna try to reproduce this brick (I got Preloader, StartPatch with recovery mode, so if Preloader fails I can load SmashStack and uninstall the wad.).

Dragonaqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well i did send my wii today to nintendo and its going below 100Euro's ,
let this be a lesson for me hehe!
always use a condom!
closedeyes.gif
nyanya.gif

Rurounik99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dragonaqua said:
Well i did send my wii today to nintendo and its going below 100Euro's ,
let this be a lesson for me hehe!
always use a condom!
closedeyes.gif
nyanya.gif
Lucky you, i cant send it to Nint, we dont have a official Nintendo on our Country

Skipp2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I did when my Wii got damaged (it was the dvd drive), was buy a second hand one from gamestation, fully boxed with Wii sports replaced the drives, then took it back the next day, they replaced it for another one which I sold on ebay, all in it only cost me £20 for a new drive.

What i'm saying is instead of sending it to nintendo why not buy a new one from a non techie shop, swap the lids over, make sure it looks like it has not been opened, take it back to shop get another one then sell it.

Or you could have another Wii for a spare just in case anything happens.

Dragonaqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OriginalHamster said:
You install A Boy and His Blob NES version? Because the new one is retail game. Probably a banner brick, since it's an injected game.

A boy and his Blob Wii Game ... USB Forwarder Banner Channel. that will brick your wii

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
OriginalHamster said:
You install A Boy and His Blob NES version? Because the new one is retail game. Probably a banner brick, since it's an injected game.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/boyandhisblob, and yes, it's a banner brick. Though not because it's an injected game, but because programs making loader channels barf at this game's opening.bnr. This was realized by all a handful of pages ago. Please read the entire topic before replying ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk