Hacking "Wrong date or firmware expired!" on an R4i Upgrade Revolution card from r4i-sdhc.

AMAAAAAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have an "R4i Upgrade Revolution for DS" card which also says "r4i-sdhc". (plus a dot then the first three letters of computer, damn filtering)

When I boot it (with the latest firmware available on r4i-sdhc, V1.12d), it says "Wrong date or firmware expired!...". Searching around seems to tell me to update the firmware, but I already have the latest one. Changing the date to 2010 makes it work, but I'd rather not have the date be incorrect. Is there a mod or something to make it work?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I have an "R4i Upgrade Revolution for DS" card which also says "r4i-sdhc". (plus a dot then the first three letters of computer, damn filtering)

When I boot it (with the latest firmware available on r4i-sdhc, V1.12d), it says "Wrong date or firmware expired!...". Searching around seems to tell me to update the firmware, but I already have the latest one. Changing the date to 2010 makes it work, but I'd rather not have the date be incorrect. Is there a mod or something to make it work?
that's a "timebomb" - the team does not seem to have released a newer kernel for your specific cart, so you have only a few options:

1. Set the time back to 2010 and keep it that way.
2. You could try running the 1.84 kernel designed for their 3DS cards. Maybe it'll work
3. Purchase a new card. Note that a lot of R4 cards do have a timebomb, the 3DS carts from that manufacturer will "timebomb" in september 2019
4. Try running YSmenu https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/ There is a build that can boot on your card: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/page-171#post-7931504
Note that Ysmenu has a lower compatibility, particularly with some AP games like Golden Sun - Dark Dawn or Pokemon Black2/White2.

Reactions: ayy_lmao

ayy_lmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I doesn't know if im breaking the rules reviving the topic, but today i had the same problem.
Just now i figurate about this Time Bomb thing, solved changing the year to 2010, and at now is working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo