Would you eat a human?

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
of course!
I already bite my finger nails. I just wouldn't go and make a big deal about it by claiming I have that persons soul in me.

now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if God disaproved of me praying for thanks for the meal I eat.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anthony-Hopkins.jpg

- "sure, why not?"

Reactions: 2 people

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It depends on whether I take the Cannibal perk :tpi:

...First create a realistic situation in which humans are LITERALLY the only thing left to eat, and then I'll give my answer.
Not to mention, none of the people who said no realize that they would be in a whole different mentality at this point so using your current mentality to answer the question is wrong.
These.

Ever hear of the Donner Party? Probably the most God-fearing, Bible-thumping people you could ever (not) hope to meet. Keep in mind these were people who had never heard of TV or the Internet, so they were never exposed to rated-R movies, pr0nz, 4chan, or any other forms of human depravity (aside from the occasional crimes that were committed in their time).

As strong in faith and untainted in mind as they were, when faced with death, they ate not just any human being, but their own friends and family members. No one can say that they would never eat a human.

I'm vehemently opposed to the idea of eating a human. As I am now (e.g., not starving and on the brink of death), the thought of cannibalism disgusts me to no end. But there's no telling what I would do to survive. And having spent a year dissecting human bodies, I'm quite comfortable around the dead.

Of course, if faced with the situation I would exhaust all other possibilities (eating inedible plants, insects, etc.) before ever considering cannibalism.

*EDIT*
If I were with my fiancee or, say, I had a child, and they died before me, I can say with almost 100% certainty that I wouldn't eat them. I would sooner kill myself and let them eat me so that they could survive. If anything, I would lie down next to their bodies and die quietly alongside them.

Reactions: 4 people

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wut? Ewwww. Shinigami only eat apples, y'know? Fresh, juicy, delicious apples...

Mmm...

But, really, no. Nobody would eat me either, so I'd just be returning the favor.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sure, probably after a long time of searching for other ways of eating.
Hell, I'd probably just wait until he's decomposed and use his rotting flesh to attract animals I can catch and eat.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Fallout FTW lol in skyrim you can eat people too XD as for the topic, I am sure you can find wildlife and vegetation to eat instead, if everything was gone though that would be a different matter.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A common enough subject of debate down the pub ("would you hit that?", "favourite ?", "why ? genre of music, social movement, TV series or film was instrumental to the current landscape*" and "my idiot of a boss, coworker, student, family member, client...." gets kind of boring and with most playing in different fields (or there being six people or more at the table without a common field) high end technical conversations are not as common as they could be).

*turns out the answer to every one of those was punk or directly related to it which is kind of depressing when I think about it (if you want a games world equivalent it is kind of like despite everything and despite the following showcasing some fine examples of the medium the things people will probably take away from/the legacy of the last 10 years is likely to be COD style FPS, WOW, sports games and plastic mat/controller music games or whatever is happening in "casual" world- a term I truly despise/label for what I consider a nonexistent dichotomy and will now punish myself for using but it at least has some connotations which I hope to exploit for the purposes of this conversation).

Life or death certainly although I am not sure where I would call it sustainable (not sure what the long term effects of eating humans would be with regards to accumulative poisons and similar effects (despite not being certain about the science I want to say proteins similar to CJD/BSE)).
The real question for me is how far would it get from true life or death before I considered it- I know I can reasonably go without sleep, food and water for various, even considerable, lengths of time (obviously tempered by various things) but I know and have seen myself when I lack for such things (for a long time now I will stop physical activity if I am out as I will increase the chances of me being injured dramatically even if I can "push through it" and will cease other things if they require my concentration*) so would I do it to last another day or would I do it to allow me to function well for a week even if it was not truly necessary.

*I will sometimes forgo a bit of sleep if I need to think my way around something and my fully alert self is too quick to shoot things down as "impossible" but that comes at the cost of more general lateral thought being harder to pull off.

Equally despite having a measure of survival training you will never ever catch me eating random mushrooms, berries or plants in an area unless I know the area (to the point of being able to tell apart things from "false friends" without hesitation) or have someone with me that can even if I know there is "plentiful" food around and I know I am probably even looking at it as I ponder my situation (even with the milky sap (as a rule if it has milky sap leave it alone) and skin, mouth, small sample progression tests I am inclined to starve a bit first) and this probably extends to munching on human flesh before trying some of that (although I am not entirely sure how to go about butchering a human* eating a bad/fatty cut of meat is considerably less deleterious to my immediate, short term and mid term survival than some of the mushrooms and berries out there to say nothing of things like false morels which trouble some but leave others untouched and can end up being considered quite tasty).

*actually thinking about the muscle groups and how that all works I reckon I could probably do a half decent job and was I not already versed in animal butchery it may even be better than my first animal. I should ponder some more on anatomy as a guide to butchering meat.

Going back to the idea in the paragraph a couple up I have to wonder where I would place human meat on the scale of desirability- as mammals and birds do not tend to carry poison they are front and centre* with fish if I know them/am not in a place where I am likely to tangle with a puffer fish or something as well as lizards (poison tends to be fairly obvious) but I have to wonder about a comodo dragon (the whole bacteria killing bit), non fish sea creatures (anemone, mussels and such) if I know what goes/how to make them edible, insects I have no problem with either but the poison thing can be a bit tougher depending where I am (I should say despite everything I grew up in the UK where outside of a zoo the worst poison I can get is from an (European) adder which is more annoying than anything- as much as I dislike using it wikipedia says 11 or 12 % hospitalisation, mercury poisoning if I ate enough fish to pull it off and maybe rabies from a bat if I am truly unlucky- we are told there is technically no rabies in the UK but there might be some that drifts across the channel on occasion which leads to a bit of a "careless" attitude in places but this is not the time and place for "tourist" stories).

*I say this but should a human corpse be viable when we are starving and I am riding a horse/moose or something the issue of coverable distance and/or long term becomes a concern.

I think in short it is a medical concern followed by a legal concern (is there still law in this scenario? Am I in a "plane crash" (if it is not my fault I more or less get a free pass) or "we went for a walk and got lost" (I try to live in a cabin in the woods and kill an animal out of season then I am quite happy to get striped up) scenario?) rather than a moral one (although I probably would consider things if I happened to be part of a group) which I guess is "better" than my default position of "can I think of a reason not to do something?".

I appear to be waffling and it is 1am so time to do something else.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs