Gaming Would you buy a FPS game for 3DS?

So... This is about imagining a First Person Shooter on 3DS, a well-baked one, say, rated >85 on

• YES, sure. 3DS MUST have a good FPS anytime soon!

Votes: 50 49.0%
  • NO. Nintendo portable consoles, including 3DS, aren't made for this type of game.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • MAYBE. I would read the reviews and analyse the features before deciding.

Votes: 30 29.4%

• Total voters

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
why do people dislike the word 'FPS' so much they want to say it's killing games
It's most likely because of the whole FPS community.
Oh and a lot of people don't want really violent games where you shoot people in the face for no reason.
I disagree. A lot of normal, cheerful, jovial people i know, some are women (like, moms and public accountants) like to shoot people in general, just because they're holding a gun and you're moving. if you don't move, they shoot anyways.

the entire point of FPS gaming.

oh, and almost all of them also like beating others to within a millimeter of their life and zap them with Finger of Death or something epic.

anyways, MPH 3DS is a win for me, but i'd also settle for some first-person high fantasy RPG (like Fighting Fantasy, Hexen)

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
nintendo has never sold graphics it has sold great stories.
JGE9M.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the biggest concern for creating an FPS game for a handheld console is controls and lag.

Graphics would need to be tuned down and controls would need to be greatly improved.

But if an FPS game was released that had good gameplay, great controls, good graphics and little/no lag then great - but so far FPS games don't suit it.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the first person part so no. Too easy to die. FPS players are 15- nerds whom sit on these games almost day and night so they can trash people.

Now if they released an over the shoulder view, 3rd person or a game were you switch from 3rd to shoulder when aiming, then I buy it. Gears of War 3 is an example of a shooting, I buy and in fact did. Still I only play horde and beast modes. Same FPS nerds are in normal multiplayer

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't like the first person part so no. Too easy to die. FPS players are 15- nerds whom sit on these games almost day and night so they can trash people.

Now if they released an over the shoulder view, 3rd person or a game were you switch from 3rd to shoulder when aiming, then I buy it. Gears of War 3 is an example of a shooting, I buy and in fact did. Still I only play horde and beast modes. Same FPS nerds are in normal multiplayer

I never knew there was such a significant personality difference between those who play FPS and TPS.

Also I can't think of a Nintendo game with a good story.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want a new Metroid. Of course the 3DS would be able to handle a good FPS.

It depends.

A metroid game is an insta buy for me because it is no ordinary FPS game.

I would have to consider other games..

actually the main reason why am a huge fan of nintendo is because of metroid series, and i think that it would be awsome if one come out in a near future

METROID IS NOT A FPS GAME.

Everyone who plays online is a dick. Get used to it. Either you play with raging 12 year olds or snobbish dicks with a superiority complex.

That's why you turn the voice chat off or only voice chat with friends.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FPS on the 3DS?
Lolno. With that awkward thing to give the 3DS a second analog stick, they might be better...but the analog stick on the 3DS is pretty terrible, so I still would never touch any FPS on it.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've said before that I would love to see the prime series ported to the 3DS in another trilogy pack akin to the wii one. A new game would be nice as well anything that isn't CoD or a basic military shooter I would look into picking up. I say that because usually those kind of games don't get much support and would be boring. So a nice single player campaign!

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if the game utilised the Circle Pad Pro would I have any inclination at all to purchase a FPS for the 3DS.
This. I used to like stylus aiming, but then I took an arrow in the knee that was with earlier games that weren't true FPSs.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes.. i would have bought cod mw3 if it came out on 3ds.. as i use motion control for fps on the wii i would love to play that way on the 3ds,, dont see why they wouldnt have the options for stylus gyro and circle pad pro though,, if they did that then they would cover all the ball fields for how people like to play...

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The reason i made that comment about FPS' killing gaming before is that in this day and age, about 50% of Video Games made are shooters. 40% Is shovelware and the remaining 10% are quality games of another genre.

In another ten years my guess is that 70% of games will be shooters, 25% will be shovelware, and the remaining 5% are quality games from another genre, additionally, from my experience with shooters, if you've played one you've played them all.

Surely you can see where I am coming from, no?

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The reason i made that comment about FPS' killing gaming before is that in this day and age, about 50% of Video Games made are shooters. 40% Is shovelware and the remaining 10% are quality games of another genre.

In another ten years my guess is that 70% of games will be shooters, 25% will be shovelware, and the remaining 5% are quality games from another genre, additionally, from my experience with shooters, if you've played one you've played them all.

Surely you can see where I am coming from, no?
Dude serious? I play Games all day and i can assure that there are more Rpg games than shooter.

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yeah, I'd buy First-Person Shooters for the 3DS too, as long as they have the touch screen aiming. That thing was way better than any analog stick will ever be. (and obviously, as long as they aren't multiplayer only. I hate MP games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: