Hardware Would this be symptomatic of a bad APU? What are the cap values?

Twiggs4625

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not make this video, but I went to install a PicoFly on my second switch lite that was working fine, but upon installing it the unit would not power on at all.

In this video link I have the same symptoms when checking the caps on the Right side of the APU (the top above the name NVIDIA)... they do not chime in continuity mode on the side close to the die like in this video. Is that normal. I had batter disconnected on the install so not sure how something could have shorted out (if it even did)...

Can someone show me the values of the caps on the APU so I can test appropriately.
Post automatically merged:

IMG_7090a.jpg
IMG_7089.JPG

IMG_7090b.jpg

Yes..... I need to fix the blob of solder on this one on the right here.. :tpi:

IMG_7090c.jpg

IMG_7090d.jpg

These ones have an odd value to me and make the NCV light on my meter turn red... not sure what that means.

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7090e.jpg

IMG_7090f.jpg

IMG_7090g.jpg

Ok that is all I have so far. Looking for some feedback on this from anyone here that might be able to help me revive this.

If you notice the black tape used for the points outside the APU... it was determined that this was caused by a short on the points for DAT0, CLK and CMD...

I used the black cable successfully the first time I did a lite but was told by another user to use the see through gold one. I do agree much easier.

Anyways, problem solved. I hope this helps anyone having this issue.

If you tried to install a picofly and your console would not turn on when it was working fine. Please check these points. It's likely your issue.

Last edited by Twiggs4625,
Reactions: zamastyle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!