Hacking Would I be able to "borrow" someone's copy of Smash with 9.2?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to borrow Smash Bros 3DS with 9.2 on it (For a fee), so that I can update my 3DS sysnand to 9.2U. I'm desperately trying to get my 3DS on 9.2 so that I can use the ACNL ram editor on my Gateway compatible 3DS.

I'll pay shipping and the fee. Only if there even exists a copy that has 9.2 on it. It seems like Nintendo will skip out on 9.2 and start releasing their games with anything higher now. While EUR games got a couple of 9.2 games.

If only someone discovered a way to get to 9.2 on sysnand, it'll be perfect for browser exploits forever.

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a gateway? If so, you can find a ROM with the 9.2 update on it and all you have to do if I recall is hold Up on the D-PAD while entering Gateway mode. Then select the ROM with the update and once you launch the game it'll ask you to update. If that is not an option for you, I do have a copy of Smash Bros I'll see if it has the 9.2 update on it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do you have a gateway? If so, you can find a ROM with the 9.2 update on it and all you have to do if I recall is hold Up on the D-PAD while entering Gateway mode. Then select the ROM with the update and once you launch the game it'll ask you to update. If that is not an option for you, I do have a copy of Smash Bros I'll see if it has the 9.2 update on it.

Do NOT do this.
It will brick your 3DS!

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
R U sure SSB has 9.2 update on it?!
I have EUR copy of SSB (bought it as soon as it came out), and it has 8.1 update on it.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You would probably have better luck finding someone with a Sky3DS than a specific game like Smash Bros. Updating the system from the ROM set up for Sky3DS should do the trick.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
update emunand to 9.2 use rxtools to inject the native_firm stuff, that gw does not let you install. then you can flash that emunand to sysnand.

Reactions: xenia

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's a 9.2 emunand created from a 9.0-9.2 console then you can flash it directly to your sysnand. If it's a 9.2 emunand updated from a lower firmware you have to inject the native_firm extracted from a 9.0-9.2 sysnand before flashing like cearp said.
Remember that you can update your sysnand with a rom, but only with the 2.2 launcher.dat. (It won't be a full update, but it's enough if it's just for the native_firm)
Another way if you don't wan't to mess with the native_firm stuff :
http://gbatemp.net/threads/updating...-gateway-to-9-2-possible.388587/#post-5488194

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same