World of Warcraft: Legion Announced.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am i the first who found this important enough to post?

I dont usually do this stuff, tell me how terrible i did after you read it.

Opening

The Tomb of Sargeras has been reopened, and the demons of the Burning Legion pour into our world. Their full, terrifying might is fixed on summoning the Dark Titan to Azeroth—and they’ve already located the key to his return.

With the Alliance and Horde devastated, only you can take up Warcraft’s most legendary artifacts, scour the ancient Broken Isles for relics of the Titans, and challenge the Legion before Azeroth’s last hope dies.

Steel yourself, champion. Extinction is imminent.

New Hero Class: Demon Hunter!

Dominate your foes as a Demon Hunter, an elven outcast shunned for daring to wield the terrible powers of the Legion. Exhibiting superior mobility and a preternatural sense of awareness, Demon Hunters can tap into forbidden powers at times of dire need, metamorphosing into terrifying fel forms. Focus on Havoc to demolish any who stand in your way with fiery demonic attacks, or specialize in Vengeance and go toe to toe with even the most powerful demons, withstanding massive punishment as their attacks fuel your hatred.

spectral-sight-icon.png

SPECTRAL SIGHT
Demon Hunters’ blindness belies their true powers of perception. They rely on magically augmented sight to detect enemies, even those that hide behind obstacles.

metamorphosis-icon.png

METAMORPHOSIS
Demon Hunters transform into hellish forms, enhancing their formidable powers: damage-focused Illidari gain incredible swiftness and damage allowing them to finish their prey, while those who prize defense become nigh invincible in their demonic forms.

mobility-icon.png

UNRIVALED MOBILITY
Demon Hunters can double jump, vault in and out of combat, and even unfold their monstrous wings to perform gliding descents and surprise enemies from above.

Artifacts; Wield weapons of unimaginable power!

Only Azeroth’s most seasoned veterans possess the fortitude to wield artifacts of legend against the Burning Legion. Your myth-forged weapon grows in power as you do, and your choices will change its abilities and the way it looks, sounds, and feels in combat. Fashion your artifact into the perfect instrument of battle, and guide your faction in its most desperate hour.

Setting

EXPLORE THE BROKEN ISLES
Broken-Isles1.jpg

Brave the epicenter of the demon invasion—the Broken Isles, a land rich with ancient wonders. Explore lush forests, colossal mountain ranges, and night elven cities older than human civilization. But native dangers lurk here too: twisted satyrs, savage drogbar, and cursed Kvaldir prowl the Isles alongside the Legion's marauding army. To overcome these threats, you will claim an Order Hall unique to your character class and lead your followers on a hunt for the Pillars of Creation—the secret to Azeroth's salvation.

Expansion Features

World of Warcraft: Legion is loaded with features that will transform you into Azeroth’s elite vanguard against the shadow—as well as enhance your experience in other ways. We’re improving the transmogrification system, allowing you to collect item appearances and save your favorite outfits without sacrificing precious bag space. We’re also planning a brand-new PvP system with PvP-specific talents, rewards, and progression, as well as improved support for in-game communities. Create social circles with friends that have shared interests, and form the perfect group to play your way. As Azeroth trembles, finding new allies will be more important than ever.

FEATURES:
  • New continent: The Broken Isles
  • New class: Demon Hunter
  • Artifacts: customizable weapons that grow in power as you do
  • Class-specific Order Halls and followers
  • All New Dungeons and Raids
  • New World Bosses
  • Level cap raised to 110
  • Revamped PvP progression system
  • Improved transmogrification system
  • Improved social features
  • Character Boost—immediately raise one character to level 100
  • . . . and more
legion-box-art.png

:arrow:Source

Did i do it right? :unsure:

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fine job posting the news, I had read about it but after mentioning WoW in the shoutbox a time or two, I was given the impression most of our audience doesnt care enough for the World of Warcraft :P

Still though, nice to see and I already applied for the beta :grog:

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fine job posting the news, I had read about it but after mentioning WoW in the shoutbox a time or two, I was given the impression most of our audience doesnt care enough for the World of Warcraft :P

Still though, nice to see and I already applied for the beta :grog:
i applied for the beta, too. like ill ever get in.
i said the same thing about heroes of the storm yet i DID get in the beta.... 3 weeks before open beta started :P

Reactions: chavosaur

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I felt casual so I decided to pick up playing WoW. Not a filthy casual mind you, so I started playing on a Vanilla server.
Really shows how far WoW has fallen tbh. Vanilla is so much better. Bit rough around the edges, but for the most part it's just extraordinary how bad modern WoW is comparatively.
This expansion doesn't seem like it'll change that.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt casual so I decided to pick up playing WoW. Not a filthy casual mind you, so I started playing on a Vanilla server.
Really shows how far WoW has fallen tbh. Vanilla is so much better. Bit rough around the edges, but for the most part it's just extraordinary how bad modern WoW is comparatively.
TBC>Vanilla

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MMO's are just hard for me to find the time to invest anymore really. Back in my 10 year old days, I was a monster on Runescape, but now I can hardly find the time and patience to sit there and click endlessly on mobs and tasks.

Not that I have much issue with Blizzards other properties though. I adore Diablo and Heroes of The Storm~

JPSimonetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I feel extraordinarily dirty for knowing exactly where his user picture came from.

Also, people still play WoW? I tried playing again (after playing since beta + 5 years then quitting) when the last expansion came out, and I was like "God, this is just awful" ... by today's standards, the mouse+ASDW+num-keys+60 hotbuttons on the screen, requiring scripting knowledge and 20 mods just to be able to function in a group, all meant to be utilized in the middle of combat on the fly ... absolutely terrible.

I used to feel otherwise, because Everquest and such. You take what you can get. But times have changed. If you need more buttons than a controller has to play a game, then your design is flawed. A keyboard+mouse is better, of course, but a controller should always be optional. You shouldn't need more buttons than that. Sometimes you want to recline.

Reactions: VinsCool

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I feel extraordinarily dirty for knowing exactly where his user picture came from.

Also, people still play WoW? I tried playing again (after playing since beta + 5 years then quitting) when the last expansion came out, and I was like "God, this is just awful" ... by today's standards, the mouse+ASDW+num-keys+60 hotbuttons on the screen, requiring scripting knowledge and 20 mods just to be able to function in a group, all meant to be utilized in the middle of combat on the fly ... absolutely terrible.

I used to feel otherwise, because Everquest and such. You take what you can get. But times have changed. If you need more buttons than a controller has to play a game, then your design is flawed. A keyboard+mouse is better, of course, but a controller should always be optional. You shouldn't need more buttons than that. Sometimes you want to recline.
back in my days of Ragnarok Online you only needed a mouse and the function keys.
latter when started playing Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World I created a controller profile with XPadder that used L2 and R2 as key combo, I pressed L2 and the face buttons where assigned to skills, Pressed R2 and where potions, pressed both and.... well, you get the idea.

but now I'm too old to play MMORPG, there is no time for that anymore :cry:.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...