Homebrew Working downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2!

LordErk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using smashhax as an entry into homebrew on a 10.6 N3DS, but i cannot get the sysupdater to start. I just get a black screen.

Politican

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Implying 60 bucks is expensive, especially for what will most likely be a permanent entrypoint.
more just on the principle of spending 60 dollars on a game that was once five. I wont even spend more for special editions of good games. I hunt down a copy and pay a fair price for it. But 60 for cubic ninja is absurd.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
more just on the principle of spending 60 dollars on a game that was once five. I wont even spend more for special editions of good games. I hunt down a copy and pay a fair price for it. But 60 for cubic ninja is absurd.
That's pretty fair considering what it can do and all the jackoffs that try selling it for $200+. Back when the PSP was on 3.52, I spent $35 on Lumines just to downgrade it. Played the game maybe once, but it was totally worth it.

Last edited by Joom,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Not if you have to buy a Powersaves dongle.
$20 OOT3DSHax (in 2 days) + $18 Powersaves is a total of $38 compared to cubic ninja's 60 dollars. Plus you get a good game and a powersaves out of the deal, rather than just a crappy cubic ninja game.

Edit: Apparently, despite being a math major, I'm unable to add.

Last edited by astronautlevel,
Reactions: Ripper00420

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$20 OOT3DSHax (in 2 days) + $18 Powersaves is a total of $38 compared to cubic ninja's 60 dollars. Plus you get a good game and a powersaves out of the deal, rather than just a crappy cubic ninja game.
^This, and I don't really understand how so many people here say they can't afford oothax. Even with a minimum wage job you'd easily be able to afford 1 3DS game.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

Edit: Apparently, despite being a math major, I'm unable to add.
Except you don't really get a good game since you can't play it once you use it as an entry point. Well, you can, but then you lose the entrypoint.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or ask friends with hack 3ds to install save exploit for you
Yeah, because everyone has friends with hacked 3DSs.

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Except you don't really get a good game since you can't play it once you use it as an entry point. Well, you can, but then you lose the entrypoint.
With powersaves you can make a backup of your OOT3d save, And Have the Oot3d hax save as well, so you can switch between the two of them...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I became one...

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
With powersaves you can make a backup of your OOT3d save, And Have the Oot3d hax save as well, so you can switch between the two of them...
That's incredibly inconvenient. Also, I'm assuming that the last variant of browserhax leveraged a stagefright exploit, so it might be possible to find another hole fairly easy. In fact, I wonder if using @Rinnegatamante's video CIA builder to create a malformed video with a payload in the codec header would do anything. I doubt it, and probably just sound dumb, but this is just speculation.

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's incredibly inconvenient. Also, I'm assuming that the last variant of browserhax leveraged a stagefright exploit, so it might be possible to find another hole fairly easy. In fact, I wonder if using @Rinnegatamante's video CIA builder to create a malformed video with a payload in the codec header would do anything. I doubt it, and probably just sound dumb, but this is just speculation.
Or after the downgrade restore your Oot3d backup save and use browserhax to install menuhax...

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Except once you have the entry point you can install Menuhax and have it set to boot HBL on keyhold

then you have your game back
in which also since you have HB access through Menuhax you can still install OOThax and also backup your save on the fly

In fact, I wonder if using video CIA builder to create a malformed video with a payload in the codec header would do anything. I doubt it, and probably just sound dumb, but this is just speculation.

Would require having sig patches to run in the first place since its homebew

Last edited by izy,

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

Video Channels Creator doesn't create signed CIAs so you can use them only on a CFW...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah still an abnormal egg came out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob smelled the same anyways
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Prob smelled the same anyways +1