Hacking Working Bailkal Linux Kernels for PS4pros on 6.72 and distros

AfricanLuigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so, I got tired of waiting for a new kernel and spent the last 6 days learning how to compile one for baikal PS4 Pro's.
Got USB dongle support working - which is a start.
Need 5 posts to be able to post links. Will post in a few.

Should work for 7215B, 7216B any anything else that uses a Baikal chip.
Not gonna lie, I've lurked on gbatemp for years, but I finally registered to join in on PS4 discussion, especially since I've got the same model and network issues you do :P Thank you for providing insight on this since documentation on PS4 Pro Linux nuances is found entirely through forum posts and Youtube guides. Keep us updated :)

xTheRussianx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is post #5. Gonna try an
Not gonna lie, I've lurked on gbatemp for years, but I finally registered to join in on PS4 discussion, especially since I've got the same model and network issues you do :P Thank you for providing insight on this since documentation on PS4 Pro Linux nuances is found entirely through forum posts and Youtube guides. Keep us updated :)
Gonna try and post the thread now.
post the thread now.

globalc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fluxcoil.net
XP
Country
Japan
Argh. The TV I'm using is an oldy limited RGB and there's no option to switch linux to do limited RGB. (on a full rgb monitor everything is fine)

Anyone has any idea, I checked those xandr things and nothing worked for Fedora 32 with 4.14/4.2/5.3 kernels.
Same here.. a HDMI grabber is working fine. I will try to recompile the kernel and play with various mode settings.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do you fix this graphical issue after updating with
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S mesa-git lib32-libdrm-git lib32-mesa-git libdrm-git xf86-video-amdgpu-git
sudo pacman -Syu
i1Ysbk4.png

???
you need to revert with old mesa.. you can't update mesa without patch it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo