Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The other possibility I could be seeing that I didn't see you mention, and figured there had to be a reason why you didn't suggest it, is using Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.2 , which cleans up everything... Anyways, I think now our goal is mostly to get him back to a working Wii, as we know preloader 0.29 doesn't work with v4.2...

- Vince989

ZMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amarok said:
ZMan13 said:
So, do these instructions work?

yes, but dont use preloader.

Wii isnt bricked (thank god bootmii) but cant get sysmenu back to work (working in progress as im typing this)

All the instructions work, but dont use preloader for now!
Can somebody PLEASE clarify if this fix will make my foreign region backups run again with the wiikey?
This is just driving me crazy...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone with a chip has messed with any of that yet. Have you tried installing any softmods and playing region-free from there?

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have made my own little guide it works great. Only for USB Loader's, modchips and backup launchers no cIOSCorp unfortunately We need a Custom IOS70 for that too work.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed preloader awhle back to play around with it. I didn't have a good experience with it....it bricked me back then for some reason as well. I did have bootmii in boot2 so I just restored. I never liked how intrusive it was in how and where it installs. I much prefer startpatch. I guess if you have no bootmii in boot2, preloader can be beneficial. But if you DO have bootmii in boot2, preloader is kind of pointless to me.

panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys, thanks for all the tech support.

Basically through all the testing we figured that at least in my case, there is no way preloader 0.29 is going to work on my system.

I overwrote it but still couldn't get the Wii System Menu back.

Finally I tried Waninkoko's 4.2 Updater, that didn't bring back the Wii System Menu but it DID fix a lot of my IOS, after that I installed nintendo's System Menu 4.2.wad and the combination of the two brought my System Menu back from beyond the grave.

So if anyone else finds them in this place and is irreversibly screwed,

Waninkoko's 4.2 Updater + the sysmenu 4.2.wad = great success!

I'm just so happy to have it back, I'm backing up my nand on bootmii right now. Thanks to all who helped, my experience with preloader + sysmenu 4.2 was a fucking nightmare but it's over. Have a good one
smile.gif

Good night.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well, nice job done by Wani but...

I went to 4.2 with Wanis updater but without preloader its kinda pain... my channels wont work(due to the missing regionfree), HBC upside down again..., no backup playing through disc channel, no GC backup playing, restoring now back to 4.1 via BootMii and wait until preloader 0.30 is released and things are working like under 4.1

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amarok said:
[*]Run Hackmii 0.5 Installer
[*]Download IOS249 with NUS Downloader (00000001000000f9 v65280 to download the IOS249 from NUS
wink.gif
) - thanks to kovani
[*]Use cboot2 to run Wad Manager 1.4 and delete IOS249 (if you dont do this you'll get error at next step)
[*]Use cboot2 to run cIOS38rev14 installer and choose "Do not reload IOS" following Network install.
[*]Run DOP-IOS MOD v5 and Trucha Enable IOS36.[/color]

Ok, it doesn't say what to do with the IOS249 that's downloaded with NUS Downloader. What is the reason for downloading it if it's deleted in the next step, and then cIOS38rev14 is installed after that?

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Amarok said:
[*]Download IOS249 with NUS Downloader (00000001000000f9 v65280 to download the IOS249 from NUS
wink.gif
) - thanks to kovani
[*]Use cboot2 to run Wad Manager 1.4 and delete IOS249 (if you dont do this you'll get error at next step)
[*]Use cboot2 to run cIOS38rev14 installer and choose "Do not reload IOS" following Network install.

Ok, it doesn't say what to do with the IOS249 that's downloaded with NUS Downloader. What is the reason for downloading it if it's deleted in the next step, and then cIOS38rev14 is installed after that?

You need it to uninstall 249 with Wad Manager

panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Amarok said:
wink.gif
) - thanks to kovani

you need a copy of the wad on your SD Card for the WAD Manager to see it, so you can select to delete it off of the Wii Internal Memory. You aren't deleting the copy that you downloaded, but rather the copy on the wii.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D34DL1N3R said:
Amarok said:
[*]Download IOS249 with NUS Downloader (00000001000000f9 v65280 to download the IOS249 from NUS ;)) - thanks to kovani

You'll have to download the stubbed IOS249 to be able to uninstall it with WAD Manager. Once you've done it, you can properly install the Waninkoko's IOS249, which is cIOS38rev14.

By the way, a stub is a useless IOS which Nintendo put there to overwrite Waninkoko's IOS249. It is completely nonfunctional.

zelda54025

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow nintendo is retarded...

Anyways Run game exploit > install hackmii .05 > homebrew channel > run wadmanager> use ios lower then 200 > install cios249 wad > restart> homebrew > wad manager> install cios38 .....

Back to normal
biggrin.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
b4wii said:
could anyone tell me how i can extract the boot2 v2 wad? i need it in order to install cboot2.

I need help on this as well.I extracted the wad from mariokart with wiiscrubber and used a wadunpacker but i only get three files
when i unpack it and from what i've read(Yes i did do a search) there should be 4 files.

I get the following files.

0000000100000001.cert
0000000100000001.tik
0000000100000001.tmd

Maybe im using an older unpacker program.What is a good one to use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...