Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
D34DL1N3R said:
Amarok said:
Why are you using Wanins updater?
This is not the good topic for wanins updater im afraid..

As I said earlier:

DO NOT USE METHODS IN OTHER POSTS THAN THE FIRST POST ( MY POST) IN THIS TOPIC !!!!

THE OTHER POSTS WERE EXPERIMENTS AND CAN/WILL BRICK YOUR WII!!!

BECAUSE THE FIRST POST SAYS:

"So you updated your wii to Firmware 4.2 using nintendo updater? This is what to do:".

SO WHAT IF YOU'RE NOT ON 4.2, and have 4.1?

Then you shouldnt update at all

oh and the first post also says this:

Do not update your wii to 4.2 unless you really want to!!!! The update will completely erase all your homebrew software and does not add any extra features to your wii besides fcking it up!!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christ... that's not the point at all man. It's been said that 4.2 fixes the respawn bug in The Conduit, so who knows what else has been fixed.

If anything - I want 4.2 just for that.

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
D34DL1N3R said:
Christ... that's not the point at all man. It's been said that 4.2 fixes the respawn bug in The Conduit, so who knows what else has been fixed.

Right,

Then you can either just use ninty's update or use wanin's (for help on wanin's go here)

If you're gonna use ninty's

Update your HBC,DVDX,Bootmii and install Bootmii IOS too with the Hackmii 0.5 installer.

After that you can update with ninty and continue on with the guide on how to reinstall cioses etc.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amarok said:
D34DL1N3R said:

Right,

Then you can either just use ninty's update or use wanin's (for help on wanin's go here)

Update your HBC,DVDX,Bootmii and install Bootmii IOS too with the Hackmii 0.5 installer.

After that you can update with ninty and continue on with the guide on how to reinstall cioses etc.

So I want to install Bootmii as both boot2 AND IOS?

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
D34DL1N3R said:
Amarok said:
D34DL1N3R said:

Right,

So I want to install Bootmii as both boot2 AND IOS?

yes

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first post shouldn't have that ZOMG HOMEBREW DELETE message anymore since the new HBC, BootMii, and DVDX won't be wiped. Instead there should be a warning telling you to use the latest HackMii Installer before attempting to update.

Oirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Amarok.

I got the cboot2 from your email responder, most nifty.

One question though, when I updated the HBC to 1.05 I ran the bootmii installer, it said it should have installed the bootmii IOS so can I just continue from there as I don't have a copy of indiana.

Again, thanks for the help.

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oirish said:
Thank you Amarok.

I got the cboot2 from your email responder, most nifty.

One question though, when I updated the HBC to 1.05 I ran the bootmii installer, it said it should have installed the bootmii IOS so can I just continue from there as I don't have a copy of indiana.

Again, thanks for the help.

I dont really understand your question.

Check my first post, its updated.

If you mean what I think you mean: run the hackmii installer, update everything, also install bootmii IOS if you havent, because you will need it to run cboot2

Posts merged

D34DL1N3R said:
Thank you.

Welcome, let me know if it worked out for you

Posts merged
D34DL1N3R said:

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Oct 1 2009, 07:28 PM)
The first post shouldn't have that ZOMG HOMEBREW DELETE message anymore since the new HBC, BootMii, and DVDX won't be wiped. Instead there should be a warning telling you to use the latest HackMii Installer before attempting to update.

Update, ok now?
tongue.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, updating still isn't a good idea, but it's not true that it will delete all your softmods assuming you've got the latest HackMii stuff.

Oirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh right, I think I only installed bootmii as boot2 and not as IOS. Damn.

I think I can run wad manager and that from my HBC, is there any way to save it from there or am I completely done for?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Curious, is there a reason to use WAD-Manager 1.4 as opposed to 1.5?
It's a custom Wad Manager 1.4 that's programmed to be compatible with cboot2. If Wad Manager 1.5 lets you choose "Do not reload IOS" then I guess it could be used as well. I just haven't tested that.

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oirish said:
Ahh right, I think I only installed bootmii as boot2 and not as IOS. Damn.

I think I can run wad manager and that from my HBC, is there any way to save it from there or am I completely done for?

You can try, but probably won't give you the possibility to delete IOS249 AND to install cIOS.

You'll probably need indiana pwns or smashstack

Posts merged

FenrirWolf said:
Well, updating still isn't a good idea, but it's not true that it will delete all your softmods assuming you've got the latest HackMii stuff.

Update, better now ?
tongue.gif

FenrirWolf said:
QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Oct 1 2009, 10:37 AM)
Curious, is there a reason to use WAD-Manager 1.4 as opposed to 1.5?
It's a custom Wad Manager 1.4 that's programmed to be compatible with cboot2. If Wad Manager 1.5 lets you choose "Do not reload IOS" then I guess it could be used as well. I just haven't tested that.

+1

Oirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried, no option to delete 249.

Ahh well, I'll have to wait for a new bannerbomb or try and get Indiana Jones somewhere.

Damn damn and damn again, got the info from the hackmii site and it seems they have left out this very important step.

Thanks for the info.

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oirish said:
Just tried, no option to delete 249.

Ahh well, I'll have to wait for a new bannerbomb or try and get Indiana Jones somewhere.

Damn damn and damn again, got the info from the hackmii site and it seems they have left out this very important step.

Thanks for the info.

Well ofcourse no option, do you have the wad on your SD card?

You have to download it with NUS, put it in the WAD folder, run wadmanager, highlight it, then delete instead of install.

After that run cios installer (wanins)

If you want hermes cios then check my first post between optional tags

Oirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, just checked and I don't have IOS249 on my SD card, going to grab it now from NUS and stick it in the wad folder and then try and delete it from WAD manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1