Hacking WoodM3 (from M3 ninetail) + AutoBoot on M3iZERO

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gaboros said:
Verack said:
Hey, I was just curious to know if I (or someone) could build a woodm3 firmware out of wood 1.16, as I happen to have all the "patch" files that came with WAIO 1.15. I do recall Xenon saying somewhere that you could make later versions of wood be compatible with M3 by using them.

I wanted to try make a patch, but I could only found the source code of the wood rpg (http://code.google.com/p/woodrpg/) and I couldn't found/get the source cod of the woodm3
frown.gif

Someone have it, or tring to make a patch?

As a matter of fact, this may help. I noticed that some of the files in the link you posted above match the files I have in my "patch" folder, only that mine are marked as m3 instead of r4. With a bit of tinkering and fooling around, we might be able to figure out how to make wood compatible with m3.

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Verack said:
gaboros said:
Verack said:
Hey, I was just curious to know if I (or someone) could build a woodm3 firmware out of wood 1.16, as I happen to have all the "patch" files that came with WAIO 1.15. I do recall Xenon saying somewhere that you could make later versions of wood be compatible with M3 by using them.

I wanted to try make a patch, but I could only found the source code of the wood rpg (http://code.google.com/p/woodrpg/) and I couldn't found/get the source cod of the woodm3
frown.gif

Someone have it, or tring to make a patch?

As a matter of fact, this may help. I noticed that some of the files in the link you posted above match the files I have in my "patch" folder, only that mine are marked as m3 instead of r4. With a bit of tinkering and fooling around, we might be able to figure out how to make wood compatible with m3.

That would be nice, but I'm afraid I can't do it by myself
frown.gif

But if someone has had the source code of the woodm3, we cloud easily make a patch from woodr4...
In the m3_ninetail there is a readme file, and there is this line:
"WoodM3 source code is included in WAIO package."
Someone have this WAIO package? Maybe we cloud found there the source code... That would be nice if someone could link here the woodm3 source code or that WAIO package
yaynds.gif

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gaboros said:
That would be nice, but I'm afraid I can't do it by myself
frown.gif

But if someone has had the source code of the woodm3, we cloud easily make a patch from woodr4...
In the m3_ninetail there is a readme file, and there is this line:
"WoodM3 source code is included in WAIO package."
Someone have this WAIO package? Maybe we cloud found there the source code... That would be nice if someone could link here the woodm3 source code or that WAIO package
yaynds.gif

I actually happen to have the WAIO v1.15 (it's wood v1.15) package. If this is the right package, then I do indeed have the source code.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it is the right package, as it includes the following (this isn't everything, just stuff I thought looked important):

romloader_m3.cpp

^^ (I'm guessing this is for patching wood to load roms)

A folder named "m3" found within the "patch" folder. It contains:

dma4.bin
save_nand.bin
sd_save.bin
A folder named "asm"
^^ (guessing this is for making it save to the SD properly)

The "asm" folder has the following:

card_dma
card_dma_save.s
nand.s
sd_write.s
sd_write_data.s
----------------------------

I'm honestly not sure if this is the correct stuff for a patch, but it sure as hell looks like it. If anyone who has a bit of knowledge on this stuff could post here, it would be greatly appreciated. I should be able to upload this package to filetrip or something when I get the chance.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Verack said:
I actually happen to have the WAIO v1.15 (it's wood v1.15) package. If this is the right package, then I do indeed have the source code.
That should be the right package, but if you do redistribute it, be sure to remove the stuff from the rpglink folder and the rpglink.nds from the __rpg folder.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Careful boys and girls, if you use too much of his original source people won't take kindly to it. Learn from it but don't copy it!

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, should I just upload the "patch" folder, which seems to contain the patches to make wood work on m3/r4/whatever?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Verack said:
So, should I just upload the "patch" folder, which seems to contain the patches to make wood work on m3/r4/whatever?
From what the 00asm_readme.txt says, people are going to need the buildcmd2sh.rb...it would probably be easiest to upload all of it (excluding rpglink.nds and it's folder), or you can probably just delete the build and rpglink folders entirely.

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xuliko said:
What do you mean to create a new wood version 1.16 for flashcards like M3 and R4 clones?

What I intended to do was upload a folder containing the "patch" files that allow you to run wood on M3 and R4 clones, along with a guide submitted by someone who has experience in this stuff. That way, we could easily and quickly update wood on our own every time YWG came out with a new wood firmware.

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country
Verack said:
xuliko said:
What do you mean to create a new wood version 1.16 for flashcards like M3 and R4 clones?

What I intended to do was upload a folder containing the "patch" files that allow you to run wood on M3 and R4 clones, along with a guide submitted by someone who has experience in this stuff. That way, we could easily and quickly update wood on our own every time YWG came out with a new wood firmware.

I could try help you... But I am not very good scener in ds
frown.gif

I hope that you realese the "patch" Good luck...

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have uploaded all the files contained in the "patch" folder, along with all the other files that weren't part of the "RPGlink" or "Build". It should contain all the needed files to make newer versions of wood compatible with M3real and zero/R4 clones.

http://filetrip.net/f22660-WAIO-v1-15-source-code-1-15.html

EDIT: Please tell me if I have broken any rules by uploading this, as this is my first time doing this, and I don't want to get in trouble.

antixenon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xuliko said:
I'll try it... But is very complicated -_- If someone help me...
Why can't you learn anything from build.sh?
Anyway distributing Wood mod can be done under GNU GPL, but such attempts will be against his will
rofl.gif

I know his bad days after releasing a compression library called Ha32.dll under GNU GPL. It was funny to see he couldn't stop redistribution and being criticized.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried building woodm3 from the WAIO source several times in the past and always got a black screen when trying to load a game (vs. the woodm3 download that worked fine) so I'm no use
hate2.gif

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
NReale3370 said:
I tried building woodm3 from the WAIO source several times in the past and always got a black screen when trying to load a game (vs. the woodm3 download that worked fine) so I'm no use
hate2.gif

I have also tried but I couldn't compile the woodrpg 1.6 code with waio...What should we done wrong?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv