Hacking Wood R4

Keretto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys! I have this r4 card that my friend gave me. I think it's called wood r4. There is no writing on it exept the r4 logo and the slogan "Revolution for ds". I tried it on my 3ds (with the wood r4 software installed) and it didn't recognise it at all. Maybe it is broken or I didn't install the sd software right or maybe it just doesn't work on 3ds? Please help, Thanks!

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You should try ot on a ds. If it works it's blocked by 3ds fw updates

If you softmodded your 3ds there are ways to use it again.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Search @cearp twl mod

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry it's not cearp but can't remember the name. Now i'm on mobile. At home I'll search it.

Reactions: Keretto

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Use a microSD card, NOT a microSDHC or microSDXC card. The original R4 and it's clones being manufactured today only support up to 2GB of storage. Don't get anything higher than 2GB and anything that has the letter HC or XC on it.

Reactions: Keretto and Ridge

Keretto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks alot guys! The problem is that my 3ds is sofmodded so I don't think I could install .cia files?

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This only works if you use a custom firmware that patches the signature checks. Gateway and Luma3DS do that for example.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks alot guys! The problem is that my 3ds is sofmodded so I don't think I could install .cia files?

If you are homebrew only then that is the case. I suggest you downgrade and get cfw such as Luma by following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki . Do NOT upgrade to 11.0 until you have working cfw, if you do you will lose the ability to downgrade and use cfw forever (or until you get a hardmod).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E