Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

Silent_Razial

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone. I have a little bug on my original R4 SDHC. I have followed all the instuctions to the letter for installing the firmware on my R4 card and when I load up my DS i get a error which says : Please put 'loader.xx' file into SD card. Any ideas to why this is happening? Thanks

bceagles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe this was brought up a while ago, but it still hasn't been "fixed".

WarioWare DIY has some weird lag-loading issues, and saving takes longer than it did on YSMenu. It's not gamebreaking, the game is perfectly playable, but the lag is a little irritating. I only bring it up because it seems like a problem so minor wouldn't be at the top of anyone's to-fix list, and I wondered if anyone even remembered the problem.

Makes you wonder why YSMenu played DIY perfectly and the far-better Wood R4 plays it a little less than perfectly.

Silent_Razial

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I just reinstalled the old firmware and I'm back up and running. I formatted the drive and put on the the lasted wood software and followed the instuctions to the letter. I still get the same loader.xxx error. Maybe I'm installing the wrong software. Whats the difference between the regular software and the clone? I havent read a report anywhere about my problem with the wood software.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Silent_Razial said:
Ok, I just reinstalled the old firmware and I'm back up and running. I formatted the drive and put on the the lasted wood software and followed the instuctions to the letter. I still get the same loader.xxx error. Maybe I'm installing the wrong software. Whats the difference between the regular software and the clone? I havent read a report anywhere about my problem with the wood software.

If you haven't read it anywhere, then you haven't been reading very well. Wood does not work with R4 SDHC.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
bceagles said:
Makes you wonder why YSMenu played DIY perfectly
really. i download ysmenu, put it to my microsd, launch wario diy (europe), launch ninstore donload fresh game, save it — wow so nice and smooth animation. after it i switch ds off, then on, launch game again, go to ninstore, download another game, watch smooth save animation again, ooops, wtf, game freeze!!! so if smooth save animation and freezing is better for you, ok, you can use ysmenu.

ps: fixing freeze after saving downloadable content in non-japan versions is on of the reasons why access to save data has small lags.

Thumper

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Hello.

I don't have access to my ds right now, but:

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (USA) always freezes with 2 black screens after it loads the save file after the title screen. If i turn the DS Lite off and on again it loads perfectly, however next time I load it freezes again. It keeps doing this intermittently.

Please ask if you want more information.

Thanks,
Thumper

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
WoodR4 1.21

A2DP C83D5913 new super mario bros.

Freezes on mario vs luigi. Then sometimes it says you have won, while the other person is still playing.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
Thumper said:
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (USA) always freezes with 2 black screens after it loads the save file after the title screen. If i turn the DS Lite off and on again it loads perfectly, however next time I load it freezes again.i played game 30-minutes, make several saves and loads. all works fine. so check that you use clean dump, cheats off and your microsd filesystem isnt' corrupted.
QUOTE(taken @ Jan 5 2011, 02:12 PM) WoodR4 1.21
A2DP C83D5913 new super mario bros.
Freezes on mario vs luigi. Then sometimes it says you have won, while the other person is still playing.
works for me. looks like you use cheats.

bceagles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ywg said:
bceagles said:
Makes you wonder why YSMenu played DIY perfectly
really. i download ysmenu, put it to my microsd, launch wario diy (europe), launch ninstore donload fresh game, save it — wow so nice and smooth animation. after it i switch ds off, then on, launch game again, go to ninstore, download another game, watch smooth save animation again, ooops, wtf, game freeze!!! so if smooth save animation and freezing is better for you, ok, you can use ysmenu.

ps: fixing freeze after saving downloadable content in non-japan versions is on of the reasons why access to save data has small lags.

The game never froze for me at all on YSMenu, please don't make odd assumptions. And I'm not going back to YSMenu. Like I said, Wood is superior. I just wanted to know what causes this issue on Wood, and you answered, thank you.

Also, the reason I believe DIY never froze for me on YSMenu would be because American and European versions may be different, or maybe I downloaded a patch that somehow fixed it, or maybe my sav.lib did whatever to whatever and blah blah blah. I honestly don't know a lot about this stuff.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
bceagles said:
The game never froze for me at all on YSMenu, please don't make odd assumptions.i never said that games froze for you. i described where it froze for me. also other people has the same problem using ysmenu.
QUOTEAlso, the reason I believe DIY never froze for me on YSMenu would be because American and European versions may be different
they the same. did you download mini games from online?

nobo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi all,
i order for my DSi R4i Gold with 2gig SD + SW from shoptemp

now my problem
all games loading very slow on DSi than on DS light with M3 Simply
i need to load on DSi for the same game more than twice time !!!

is that normal on DSi for slow loading ?

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
nobo said:
i order for my DSi R4i Gold with 2gig SD + SW from shoptemp
all games loading very slow on DSi than on DS light with M3 Simply
i need to load on DSi for the same game more than twice time !!!
the r4i use cluster map for accessing to rom and backup during gameplay. r4/m3 simply doesn't use cluster map but parse fat on the fly. so there is faster game load but slower rom/backup access.
anyway you may increase r4i game loading time by formatting your µsd with big cluster size.

mehmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, ibought a R4i gold card( www.r4-pro.com ) On their site is a firmware of october 2010 but there is also a Wood firmware on there site. But I can't get it to work with the Wood firmware. If it doesn't support why is it on there site? I mailed them 2 times but with no succes.
angry.gif

AstralVoodoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Game name: Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (E)(FireX).nds
Release number: 1406
CRC: 375A93D7 (Generated by WIN-SFV32 v1.0 Total Commander 6.51)
Clean ROM: YES
What the bug is: White screen on load
What you did to debug it: Load game
How you can repeat the bug: Load game
Etc: Wirmware WoodR4_v1.22 and older

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
AstralVoodoo said:
Game name: Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (E)(FireX).nds
CRC: 375A93D7 (Generated by WIN-SFV32 v1.0 Total Commander 6.51)
What the bug is: White screen on load
same crc, works fine for me.

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi is there an up to date compatibility list for Wood R4? Searching this thread if kinda tough.

I am wondering if Pokemon Soul Silver works with the latest Wood R4? Does it need to be patched or will clean work?

ezzieyguywuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name: The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass
Release number: 1456
CRC: 8B431C41
What the bug is: Cannot get through the opening cinematic on Adventure mode
What you did to debug it: Tried disabling soft-reset and cheats. Also updated my dsi to 1.4.1U
How you can repeat the bug: Start the game, let it create its file, start a new game, either sit through the opening
cinematic or hit start then tap the upper-right hand portion of the touch screen to skip. You will now get two black screens
with a very garbled sounding music. It sounds like some sort of underworld theme.

I should note that despite turning off soft-reset, I can still tap my power button to get back to the dsi menu. I have tried disabling
this both for the individual rom and globally. Neither of these works. I don't know how to check if the cheats are really disabled.

Also, I AM able to go into Battle mode and start the tutorial. I am able to control Link, pick stuff up, etc.

Finally, I noticed that in the previous release of wood (v1.21), there was a 'fix' that mentions Phantom Hourglass: I think it was saying
that the game would freeze if soft-reset was enabled AND the d-pad cheat was enabled.

help please!

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
ezzieyguywuf said:
Game name: The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass
Release number: 1456
CRC: 8B431C41
What the bug is: Cannot get through the opening cinematic on Adventure mode
works fine for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright