Hacking Wood R4 and 3in1 rumble not working?

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using the latest version of gba exploader, but no rumble appears to show up, even though it says im using the 3in1 and not the 3in1plus

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a lite sized black one that i just got yesterday. im not sure what version it is but it says "expansion RAM double sized to 128Mb" on the back of the box. what happens is that i activate rumble on exploader 0.57 and soft reset since rumble doesnt work on .58b for some reason, but when i turn on elite beat agents, it doesnt recognize the rumble in the options.

edit: sorry, clicked the wrong link, but its either EZ5C10 or EZ5C11 since the exploader says it as such. im not too keen on taking apart my 3in1, does the difference between the two matter that much?

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats weird. when i turn it on in exploader i can feel the rumble. anyway if you dont mind, i have another question about the 3 in 1. it seems i cant save at all. when i save ingame and restart, the game is gone. i read somewhere psram mode has a option that lets you save automatically every time you boot it up, but i dont see that. all i see when i boot it up is "may i set this slot2 expansion pack for gba exploader?" every time.

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you be a little more clear? what happens is i save ingame, turn it off, and when i turn it on the save is gone. im just looking for a solution for this.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. play a gba game with wood loader
2. turn off DS
3. turn on DS
4. use wood function to backup save

If you use gba exploader between 3 and 4 you lose your save, understand. that clear enough.

As for your rumble mode, it is not going to work. Your not likely going to see it work. Your better off finding a working rumble patch to apply to the games that use rumble if there is a patch available.

Here is a list of games that use the rumble pack:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumble_Pak

The rumble pack in the EZ5C11 does not work the same as the EZ5C10 for whatever reason. It means your SOL if you want rumble.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Let me start over. The EZ5C11 board is not a supported board EVEN THOUGH it is based on the EZC10 board design. It came out AFTER the 3in1+ (EZ5C3), GBA Exploader stopped being working shortly after the 3in1+ came out.

There will be no update, fix or support on GBA Exploader concerning ANY missing features.

Your options are:
1. Find a working patch to use if you want rumble with the EZ5C11 board.
2. Use the EZ-Flash Vi to get rumble working.
3. Forget about rumble altogether along with the RAM mode.

Pick one.

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at this point i dont care about the rumble. im just wondering why the heck i cant save. i never used wood to boot up gba games at all, i only use exploader, so im wondering what the problem is.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you can't save it is likely the game itself, i.e. it uses eeprom save type.

Look up your game save type, if it is eeprom, your going to need to use a SRAM patcher.
EEPROM.png

gonline.png

You can get a SRAM patcher for gba games on filetrip.

There are special patches if your trying to play any NES classics.

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats not the problem. ive tried advance wars 1 & 2, mother 3, and castlevania 2 pack, all of them cannot save despite not being EEPROM. i read somewhere a dead battery could be the problem but seeing as i bought it 2 days ago, it could be i received it defective. can you outline to me exactly how you save on exploader so i can make sure im not missing any steps?

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well its not a battery issue. im just looking for a reason as to why i cant save. this is exactly what i do when i start.

>boot up gba exploader, "may i set this slot2 expansion pack for gba exploader?" comes up, i run
>go to advance wars rom in PSRAM mode, current SRAM save says "empty or new state", I press A to run
>save after 1 mission, turn off and reboot
>step 1 and 2 again
>current SRAM state still says "empty or new state", no saved data from last time, first mission acts like its never been completed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head