Wood R4 and 3in1 rumble not working?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by supersaiyajin900, Aug 19, 2011.

Aug 19, 2011
  1. supersaiyajin900
    OP

Newcomer supersaiyajin900 Member

United States
    im using the latest version of gba exploader, but no rumble appears to show up, even though it says im using the 3in1 and not the 3in1plus

2. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
  3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    correctly identify your 3in1 first before someone can give you a good answer. use the first link in sig.

4. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
    its a lite sized black one that i just got yesterday. im not sure what version it is but it says "expansion RAM double sized to 128Mb" on the back of the box. what happens is that i activate rumble on exploader 0.57 and soft reset since rumble doesnt work on .58b for some reason, but when i turn on elite beat agents, it doesnt recognize the rumble in the options.

edit: sorry, clicked the wrong link, but its either EZ5C10 or EZ5C11 since the exploader says it as such. im not too keen on taking apart my 3in1, does the difference between the two matter that much?

5. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    The text is printed on the board, you have to open it to find out what you got. not guess. Then your not going to get any reasonable answer other than it doesn't work.

6. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
    k, i checked it , and its a 11.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    The EZ5C11 is not supported by Wood correctly, unless it has been added to a new build I don't know about.

As far as I can tell nobody has gotten the rumble to work unless your slot1 is a EZ-Flash Vi. The RAM/rumble mode doesn't even work with gba exploader with the EZ5C11.

8. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
    thats weird. when i turn it on in exploader i can feel the rumble. anyway if you dont mind, i have another question about the 3 in 1. it seems i cant save at all. when i save ingame and restart, the game is gone. i read somewhere psram mode has a option that lets you save automatically every time you boot it up, but i dont see that. all i see when i boot it up is "may i set this slot2 expansion pack for gba exploader?" every time.

9. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    The mode is stored in the SRAM of the 3in1, switching between wood's 3in1 manager and gba exploader erases the settings, stick with one.

10. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
    What do you mean switching? does that mean i have to use default r4 firmware? how do i access the mode in the SRAM?

11. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Using one then the other will erase the previous loader setting. you don't access ANYTHING in SRAM, except for the game saves, loader settings are internallly handled by the loader.

12. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
    could you be a little more clear? what happens is i save ingame, turn it off, and when i turn it on the save is gone. im just looking for a solution for this.

13. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    1. play a gba game with wood loader
    2. turn off DS
    3. turn on DS
    4. use wood function to backup save

If you use gba exploader between 3 and 4 you lose your save, understand. that clear enough.

As for your rumble mode, it is not going to work. Your not likely going to see it work. Your better off finding a working rumble patch to apply to the games that use rumble if there is a patch available.

Here is a list of games that use the rumble pack:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumble_Pak

The rumble pack in the EZ5C11 does not work the same as the EZ5C10 for whatever reason. It means your SOL if you want rumble.

14. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
    but i never used wood loader for my gba games once. it was all exploader, no saves were lost.

15. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Let me start over. The EZ5C11 board is not a supported board EVEN THOUGH it is based on the EZC10 board design. It came out AFTER the 3in1+ (EZ5C3), GBA Exploader stopped being working shortly after the 3in1+ came out.

There will be no update, fix or support on GBA Exploader concerning ANY missing features.

Your options are:
    1. Find a working patch to use if you want rumble with the EZ5C11 board.
    2. Use the EZ-Flash Vi to get rumble working.
    3. Forget about rumble altogether along with the RAM mode.

Pick one.

16. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
    at this point i dont care about the rumble. im just wondering why the heck i cant save. i never used wood to boot up gba games at all, i only use exploader, so im wondering what the problem is.

17. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    If you can't save it is likely the game itself, i.e. it uses eeprom save type.

Look up your game save type, if it is eeprom, your going to need to use a SRAM patcher.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can get a SRAM patcher for gba games on filetrip.

There are special patches if your trying to play any NES classics.

18. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
    thats not the problem. ive tried advance wars 1 & 2, mother 3, and castlevania 2 pack, all of them cannot save despite not being EEPROM. i read somewhere a dead battery could be the problem but seeing as i bought it 2 days ago, it could be i received it defective. can you outline to me exactly how you save on exploader so i can make sure im not missing any steps?

19. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Then you didn't bother to read the maintainace section of the 3in1 link to determine if it is battery issues.

20. supersaiyajin900
    OP

United States
    well its not a battery issue. im just looking for a reason as to why i cant save. this is exactly what i do when i start.

>boot up gba exploader, "may i set this slot2 expansion pack for gba exploader?" comes up, i run
    >go to advance wars rom in PSRAM mode, current SRAM save says "empty or new state", I press A to run
    >save after 1 mission, turn off and reboot
    >step 1 and 2 again
    >current SRAM state still says "empty or new state", no saved data from last time, first mission acts like its never been completed