greenwizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi everyone,
I have tried the wood for DTTS link here on my r4i-gold and IT WORKS, you only have to rename the DTMENU.DAT into TTMENU.nds and paste it in the root of your sd card.

You will still need the original firmware to boot the TTMENU.nds from there.

If you want to create a shorcut, just edit the multimedia_path.ini which is in the R4iMenu folder of your original firmware, erase everything and write down
/TTMENU.nds and from now on simply touch the "media" icon in the main screen to launch Wood.

Note: Wood works perfectly, you dont need to have ysmenu installed, you only need your original firmware to boot the wood.
Tested whit pokemon white, mario vs. donkey kong -which were not supported by the latest original firmware-
They only problem you may find is that the games sometime may freeze, is rare to occur buy is a possibility, maybe a bug.

Here a screenshoot of my file structure.

Pantallazo-13.png

greenwizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Well, I just instaled a program so my linux will showme the icons of the .nds files -the same tha they show in the DS-
and thats the icon it had; It is the default icon, maybe the one who make the file asigned that icon.

Qwinzy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
It does not work on my R4i gold.
But my R4i gold come from www.r4i-gold.com.
Can you help my please?

greenwizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Qwinzy said:
Hello,
It does not work on my R4i gold.
But my R4i gold come from www.r4i-gold.com.
Can you help my please?

I will tell you exactlly what I did.

1. Format your sd
2. download the latest formware 1.57b http://www.r4i-gold.com/ and put it in the root of your sd
3. Download woodtt from the page in the 1st post
4. copy the _rpg folder and the TTMENU.DAT file in the root of your SD, don't place them inside any folder
5. Rename the TTMENU.DAT into TTMENU.nds
6. Launch your r4 like always
7. Go to games an launch TTMENU.nds -it should display the same icon than in my screenshoot-
8. Launch your games and enjoy

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A BLANK SCREEN AT LAUNCH, CHECK THIS THREAD
http://gbatemp.net/t282004-game-fixes-for-...-taking-request

Also check the DTTS forums, because we are using their formware, so if they recibe any update will work for us too -I hope- but rigth now
there is a big problem to be able to make a 1.26 version....

baka05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try Mario vs Donkey it show the screen were is created a save file then gave me a black screen. I couldnt get Pokemon White to run.

greenwizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
are you using a clean rom? you should verify it, try to get a clean one and try again;
I have played Mario vs. Donkey Kong and worked perfect for me. also try with other games and see if you have the same problem

pinolo17

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi greenwizard,

Tonight I will try your solution on my R4i-Gold (from r4i-gold.com) 1.57 B.
I really hope it works because it could be the solution of all my problem with new nds games.

In the coming days I will tell you if everything is ok!
By the way, do you know if the r4i-gold.com team is still active?

Thank you very much!

greenwizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi, I hope it work for you.

I emailed they r4i-gold team and never got an answer... so I guess the team is out of service.

greenwizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Yes, I use ubuntu, I am an Gnu/Linux user since 2007 xD

Back to the topic, I have tested other alternatives to WOODTTS, and found that RetroGameFan updates for R4SDHC (www.r4sdhc.com) WORK PERFECTLY

here is the link http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases

In order to make it run, you should have your original firmware and ALL FILES IN THE PACK (except the .txt files) located in the rood of your SD, it should look like this:

Pantallazo-14.png

To run it, just turn on your DS -it will load automatically your old firmware as always- then search for the TTMENU.NDS file and open it, the new firmware should open -it may take a while to load the 1st time, so dont worry- and that's it, you can play all suported games with out problems, and everytime you want to actualise just check the RetroGameFan update and download the latest version for R4SDHC (www.r4sdhc.com)

The menu is kind of ugly, but it does the job, the cheats works and other functions as well.

I still wait the WOODTTS have future updates, I like that gui and functions a lot more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work