Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright, i extracted it onto my ds

and now the firmware works

but it doesn't read my save files

i used the save manager to convert them from .sav to .nds.sav but it's still not reading it

instantwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my mistake.

apparently it's only 1 game where the save is not working.

it's yugioh world championship 2010 (j)

i checked the r4 directory and there were two saves for the game. one was the original .SAV in caps, and the other is .nds.sav

i deleted the .SAV but it didn't work. then i tried renaming the .nds.sav manually to make sure the name of the file is right but it didn't work either

EDIT: i recopied both the save files, and this time i deleted the .nds.sav instead and renamed the .SAV to .nds.sav and it worked.

firmware has been working nice so far. thanks
cool.gif

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
instantwin said:
EDIT: i recopied both the save files, and this time i deleted the .nds.sav instead and renamed the .SAV to .nds.sav and it worked.
the original r4 firmware has some fat issues. so it good practice reformat microsd then migrate from original firmware to woodr4.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Normatt, i love you
shy.gif

Coding and porting this to R4 seems like impossible to me >-<

Thank you very much for this excellent/magic/unveliable piece of software. R4 so far supporting wii connection/soft reset and a lot of other things weren`t made to each other, and you made it possible.

You´re a genius.. you know? (mean if you´re a team, or a single person)

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Coto said:
Normatt, i love you
shy.gif

Coding and porting this to R4 seems like impossible to me >-<

Thank you very much for this excellent/magic/unveliable piece of software. R4 so far supporting wii connection/soft reset and a lot of other things weren`t made to each other, and you made it possible.

You´re a genius.. you know? (mean if you´re a team, or a single person)

LOL.

I'm Sure Normmatt loves you too.

But not Y.W.G.

BrokenWolfDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am new to these forums but I have followed it for a while now. In any case, I am having problems with the Wood R4 updates, ever since ver 1.09 I think and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

Basically ever since I update the firmware I can not see the days/months/year/clock on my themes.
I read the FAQ and couldn't find an answer and I found this as well http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0 . However, when I go to the .ini file all the corresponding code are 1 not 0 so that's not it.

I just want to know if this is a firmware glitch and so I just need to wait or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
BrokenWolfDS said:
Hi, I am new to these forums but I have followed it for a while now. In any case, I am having problems with the Wood R4 updates, ever since ver 1.09 I think and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

Basically ever since I update the firmware I can not see the days/months/year/clock on my themes.
I read the FAQ and couldn't find an answer and I found this as well http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0 . However, when I go to the .ini file all the corresponding code are 1 not 0 so that's not it.

I just want to know if this is a firmware glitch and so I just need to wait or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks
Well...did you put them in the Calendar folder?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
BrokenWolfDS said:
If by Calendar Folder you mean the same where the GBATheme is, I think is the UI folder, then yes...
Different question, are you using the default skin (gbatemp) from the download? If no, where did you get your skin and does the default skin have a working calendar?

The calendar folder should be placed inside the skin folder which is inside the UI folder. The calendar folder should have four images inside; clock_colon.bmp, clock_numbers.bmp, day_numbers.bmp, year_numbers.bmp.

-edit-
Well, looks like I did a ninja post and gave you the answer after you figured it out xD.

BrokenWolfDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhh! I see, the Calendar folder within the theme folder...ok so I basically imitated the GBAtemp theme folder and it worked. Thanks for the idea, I dont know if this is what you meant, but you helped a lot!

I 'm using a different theme, from NDSthemes.com

I had to create a Calendar folder within the Theme folder and cut/paste the calendar days, calendar year, etc into that folder...just like the GBAtemp default theme and it worked.

Hamako-chan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry If I overlooked a guide.
But, is there a guide showing how to install Wood R4 onto the R4?
Or is it simple enough for me to try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay