Wood Firmware v1.08

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well...

First i want to congratulate THE creator of such wonderful code. R4 wouldn´t EVER have WII connection due to the way (and year) it was released, and thanks to WOOD, yesterday i tested some games (which i have them legally) like Wario D.I.Y (Between both DS & Wii versions conected) and i could succesfully transfer every minigame I could!

By the way, if you´re experiencing problems like freezing, stuck intros & whatever, i´d strongly suggest try backing up and formatting SD through Panasonic SD Formatter on recommended settings.

Also try using NAKED firmware (in this case, WOOD R4) and a game, WITHOUT USING ANY CHEAT FILE (yes, empty cheats folder)..

Hmm... and a good quality SD, like Kingston 1GB & 2 GB JAP. Along with PNY ones, they´re one of the most trusty and solid cards out in market.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
janus3 said:
what does it mean if it's a 7z file? not sure how to unzip it or winrar.
.7z is just a compressed format (some say its better than winrar). If you have winrar installed, you should be able to just open it via winrar. Otherwise, open winrar up first and then just browse over to it and extract the contents...

janus3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
janus3 said:
what does it mean if it's a 7z file? not sure how to unzip it or winrar.
.7z is just a compressed format (some say its better than winrar). If you have winrar installed, you should be able to just open it via winrar. Otherwise, open winrar up first and then just browse over to it and extract the contents...

pretty simple solution, thanks alot. got it working. general question for anyone. i can just replace the _ds_menu dat file? no need to install anything else. think that question was answered but just wanted to make sure i read that correct.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
janus3 said:
pretty simple solution, thanks alot. got it working. general question for anyone. i can just replace the _ds_menu dat file? no need to install anything else. think that question was answered but just wanted to make sure i read that correct.
You read correct, although at the moment, the screenname of the person who asked the question eludes me...but I think I'm the one that answered that one too anyways xD.

Spy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yaynds.gif

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
on wood 1.08 does some level edited games not work!

im played the "New Super Mario Bros. 3 (Hack)" and the game is Freezed after the NINTENDO screen.
did anywone knoe hoe to Fix??? becouse on my TTDS its Started

animusdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just need a bit of help, please. I have an original R4. I originally used YSMenu and have since switched to WoodR4 to get Blue Dragon to work. Question, how do I get the other saves I have to work? I read the readme that came with the firmware but I have no idea what to do. All the .savs were made from the YSMenu stuff so I'd hate to have it go to waste.

PS. Thanks for the great work and firmware for us old card owners! God knows when was the last time we had an update.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
animusdx said:
Just need a bit of help, please. I have an original R4. I originally used YSMenu and have since switched to WoodR4 to get Blue Dragon to work. Question, how do I get the other saves I have to work? I read the readme that came with the firmware but I have no idea what to do. All the .savs were made from the YSMenu stuff so I'd hate to have it go to waste.

PS. Thanks for the great work and firmware for us old card owners! God knows when was the last time we had an update.
Just rename all you .sav files to .nds.sav

Example:
Rom: funkygame.nds
Old save: funkygame.sav
Rename the save to: funkygame.nds.sav

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later