Wondering what my options are

thomasmyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So I had a V1 unpatched Nintendo Switch that was one Atmosphere 1.4.0, then by accident I had updated to 15.0.1 which is unsupported.

I decided to follow a guide to downgrade the firmware of the Switch using a guide from Switch.Homebrew.Guide (I can't link the guide for some reason)

Unbeknownst to me this method doesn't work any more and I only found this out after I had already gone through the Step 14 in the guide and deleted all user and Save data. As if that wasn't unlucky enough, my PC decided to die halfway through the process of getting my NAND back up and now my RAWNAND.bin and BOOT0 and BOOT1 are corrupted. Currently, all I have is the prod.keys and the ability to access Hekate. Booting to OFW doesn't work so no chance of wiping the switch.

Is the switch just bricked at this point?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It is unsupported because when I attempt to boot it said wrong Fusee.bin version
Because you were using wrong fusee.bin version

I guess you need to see to believe
2022122713212800.jpg

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guides <-cringe

RTFM

but... I'm fairly sure that ANY guide tells you to make backups. Some even warn you to make more than 1 in different locations (preferably different drives) You don't have a backup on your PC or on an sd card? If you're able to boot into hekate/nyx, it's not hard to restore your backup.

Speaking of... you followed instructions to delete all of your user data, including save files... and you didn't back them up first?

3 things you need to get very familiar with, by reading the docs, not a guide or AIO installer

1) Download/install and configure the latest Atmosphere
2) Download/install and configure the latest hekate
3) create your own patches (hint: there's a thread here you can search for that will teach you)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had a V1 unpatched Nintendo Switch that was one Atmosphere 1.4.0, then by accident I had updated to 15.0.1 which is unsupported.

I decided to follow a guide to downgrade the firmware of the Switch using a guide from Switch.Homebrew.Guide (I can't link the guide for some reason)

Unbeknownst to me this method doesn't work any more and I only found this out after I had already gone through the Step 14 in the guide and deleted all user and Save data. As if that wasn't unlucky enough, my PC decided to die halfway through the process of getting my NAND back up and now my RAWNAND.bin and BOOT0 and BOOT1 are corrupted. Currently, all I have is the prod.keys and the ability to access Hekate. Booting to OFW doesn't work so no chance of wiping the switch.

Is the switch just bricked at this point?

Why you downgrading?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why you downgrading?
because he doesn't have a clue what fusee is, how any of it works, and didn't know to update Atmosphere/fusee and hekate before updating his switch firmware. Then assumed that since the old files he had installed reported an incompatible firmware, that he had to downgrade the firmware, instead of just updating the files.

Basically, just started to blindly follow "guides" without learning or understanding anything. And probably bricked the switch before ever registering here, instead of asking a question in switch noob paradise first...

Last edited by urherenow,
  • Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.