Hacking Wondering about Chinese version R4

emmsmama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's really cheap and apparently can be patched to English, but there was this review on there:

"Cons: dont try the mod in the new batch of R4
busted my r4 and ds doing this
frown.gif
"

I'm a noob as some would say and I'm not getting it. Does this mean if you try to patch it it could mess up your R4 and your DS or is the "mod" they are talking about something different than the patch?

Here is the link.

Has anybody ordered from DX before? Is the R4 quality good? Anybody in Canada that has ordered can you speak to the speed of delivery and customs issues?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
If you mod it you could make a error at shorting the points.
But dont use that.
Use the patcher by iq_132 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=53463 to make english and even M3 Simply firmware work on your R4 without any need to mod your R4 and then you dont void your warrenty
wink.gif

And the R4 is wonderfull so good and cheap!
And DX is a good seller. Got my R4 in 6 days and my EZFlash 3-in-1 in 11 days (Ok im lucky)
But its okey to buy from them
smile.gif

emmsmama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks all. I'm actually considering just getting the English version even though it is $7 more. Is it super easy to do the patch? The directions on the links given look super easy, just don't want to totally screw up anything.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could just get the Chinese version and leave it Chinese. The R4 doesn't have any text that you absolutely need to be able to read. You just pick a game and go.

iq_132's patcher is easy enough to use if you want to go that route.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm I just saw this article about patching the R4DS and wondered after you've patched the firmware does the Chinese R4 become the English version - i.e. in the future I can just just use the English firmware without patching. Or will I need to patch future chinese firmware updates also?

smile.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm I just saw this article about patching the R4DS and wondered after you've patched the firmware does the Chinese R4 become the English version - i.e. in the future I can just just use the English firmware without patching. Or will I need to patch future chinese firmware updates also?
You'll have to keep using and patching the English firmware to work on your Chinese R4. I think that's what you're asking...

- Sam

iq_132

Trophies
Website
neosource.1emu.net
XP
Country
United States

smile.gif

Nope. Not permanent. You will have to patch every version.

nycwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you dont want to go thru all that trouble with the chineese r4 pm me b/c ican get you an english 1 for cheaper

nycwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey sorry for the double post but i have some pictures i took of an r4 when i got them. sorry for the image quality

emmsmama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I sat with both in the cart for a while a couple of days ago but finally opted to get the English version to be on the safe side. I figured it was still $8+ cheaper than on other sites and with free shipping it's still a good deal. I'm patient so I can handle the 2-4 week wait to get it to save the $$ too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj