Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Census workers in Indonesia have come across a woman who claims to be 157 years old.

Don't believe her? You could always ask her 108-year-old adopted daughter.

Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW) reports the woman, identified only as Turinah, lives in a small village on the island of Sumatra. She doesn't have identification papers because she burned them in 1965 so she wouldn't be connected to communists, she told authorities.

"There's no authentic data to prove her age but judging from her statements and the age of her adopted daughter, who's now 108 years old, it's difficult to doubt it," statistics bureau official Jhonny Sardjono told global news agency AFP Monday.

AFP reported the woman still works around her home and has smoked clove cigarettes all her life.

"Despite her age she still has an incredible memory, clear sight and has no hearing problems. She speaks Dutch quite fluently," Sardjono said.

If it's true, it means the woman has outlived the only person verified to have lived more than 120 years. Jeanne Calment of France died in 1997 at the age of 122.

RNW says Turinah claimed to be born in 1853 and is able to describe the huge eruption of the Krakatao volcano between the islands of Java and Sumatra in Indonesia in June 1883, which she said she saw with her own eyes.

In the year of her birth, street signs were authorized in San Francisco intersections for the first time, the first electric telegraph was used, the U.S. began minting $3 gold pieces and Giuseppe Verdi's Opera La Traviata premiered in Venice.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/weird/2010/...8/14306001.html

pretty cool eh.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this reeks of bullshit! who is she related to professor farnsworth?
tongue.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw Lincoln get shot, i can haz world record now?
though i have no proof what so ever of my age, but you trust me

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Joe88 said:
though i have no proof what so ever of my age
We could always cut you in half.

And leave it at that.

Rings? What rings? I just want to cut this guy in half.
mellow.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
she's name Luca and will gives you the spear if you meet her at the water pala.. Oh, wait

Isn't any way to know the age of a person with biologic analysis ?
Like cells life cycle, bone's size, radiography, magnetic resonance imagery, Carbone14 .. oh humanity curiosity will kill her quicker just to know her real age.

If it's real, and she still enjoy life, I wish her to live even longer.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
Don't believe her? You could always ask her 108-year-old adopted daughter.
Could be lying.

QUOTE said:
She doesn't have identification papers because she burned them in 1965 so she wouldn't be connected to communists, she told authorities.
Shouldnt there be quite many ways to prove your age? And I doubt this thing most.

RNW says Turinah claimed to be born in 1853 and is able to describe the huge eruption of the Krakatao volcano between the islands of Java and Sumatra in Indonesia in June 1883, which she said she saw with her own eyes.
Cant everyone do that? Describe something. Quite easy.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well the parts of the skull fuse more and more the older one gets, but I doubt we have some comparison to see the truth (most likely the only thing we can say with that is that she'd be old, or not that old).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have they even looked into researching her parents? She could steal someones name of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...