Hardware WODE Wii Modchip

dlxro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
dlxro said:
I'd like to comment on this, I think softmod is a bit annoying. I mean you have to check each time if there's an update for the loaders, or if the loader can't read the games as good as a chip. Just check the amount of things you have to do just to play the new mario game. Chips you just install and play, without worrying about nintendo updates, well that depends on the modchip, ie.(wiikey team) they abandon their customers.

I am a softmodder, i have a huge collection of games (400+) and every single one works just fine my 1TB USB HDD (Config USB loader). Most loaders have an auto update feature that can check for new versions and download straight to your wii, then simply require a restart.

As for the new mario bros game,If you are loading from USB, you dont need to do anything as the loaders do it all for you on the fly. The fix for this was released before the game was even in the shops. Well to play from USB it was anyway and a backup disc fix came soon after.

Many people have bricked their wii while having a chip installed because they have installed an update from a region different to their wii. THIS CAN BE FIXED MOST OF THE TIME BY USING A SOFTMOD!!!!!!

Back on topic, i am interested in WODE simply because of GameCube loading from usb, which is currently not possible with a softmod. If it works and works well then for some people that is the next holy grail!!!

I know softmod is great with all the possibilities and features, but I just said it's a bit annoying you know being checking stuff each time, that is if you're a bit lazy, so far wiikey 1 (until I got problems not sure if it's softmod or hardware) was working fine, it was more easier, but in the end softmod is more practical as you said.

I think unless someone makes a good chip, with a good support (making updates each time it's needed), softmod will continue to be the best choice.

As for the person who made the topic, I think you should softmod too, I don't know for how much time WODE team will give support to the chip, that's the main problem with installing modchips.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WODE is delayed because they fell short of the plastic used to manufacture it.

The reason why I have placed my order is because of the GameCube loading via USB.

If you are not interested in that, you would just use a USB loader.

Also, it is a good idea to softmod so you can play WiiWare games.

sa2am

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, at to momment i have a 'mod-chip' in my wii.

Q. Is it possible to soft mod my wii, with the mod-chip inside.

P.S. sorry to hijack post, but i guess it on 'semi-same' topic.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just got my WODE. The joystick won't go down, it happens during shipment, it swings in the package so you have to unscrew the bottom and push it hard. You have to fiddle around with it. Argh, it is annoying so far, can't get it right. Heading to the WODE forums or might ask to get an exchange!

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So can u tell us does GC ISO loading from USB work????

If it definately does i will order one but purely for that will continue to use CFG USB loader for my wii games.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got it for the GC loading as well. I also want to test it for games that don't work on CFG USB like Sam & Max and see if it has the memory issue associated with DLC for guitar hero.

I will let you guys know once I fixed the joystick.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes!! GC ISO loading works via usb loading on the WODE. That is pretty cool. So you can have both Wii games and GC on the same hard drive.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
How does the Wode handle the new BCA protection?
I understand there's a NSMB patch, but that's just a hotfix for that game only right?
So what about other games. Do you have patch the BCA into the iso, or does it work with external .bca files, or something else perhaps?

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
How does the Wode handle the new BCA protection?
I understand there's a NSMB patch, but that's just a hotfix for that game only right?
So what about other games. Do you have patch the BCA into the iso, or does it work with external .bca files, or something else perhaps?

Yes, you can use a separate bca file. You get the BCA Data, run it through a Hex Editor and save. The 64Byte file then gets calld the same file name as the ISO file and placed in the same directory:

ISO\New Super Mario Bros Wii.iso
ISO\New Super Mario Bros Wii.bca

Works flawlessly.

If you have a Disc and use Flad Mode you need to set teh BCA at Offset 0x100 - however you do that.

technisearch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WODE is great.

But if you have 4.2 you will still need to softmod a tad. eg. use geckoOS to load other regions.

I am very happy with it. What's with all the hype with the game cube feature? Are there some amazing titles on GC?

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technisearch said:
WODE is great.

But if you have 4.2 you will still need to softmod a tad. eg. use geckoOS to load other regions.

I am very happy with it. What's with all the hype with the game cube feature? Are there some amazing titles on GC?

The gamecube has a ton of awesome games. Part of the reason I'm buying it is to play gamecube games with my usb drive. Backups work for a while, but they become a hassle very quickly when they get scratched, lost etc.

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Does anyone know what Wii homebrew app I can use to dump GameCube games to an NTSF USB HDD?

SuperDump will dump to SDCARD/HD if FAT32 then you copy to NTFS HD
smile.gif

bcass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent, cheers. I couldn't get it to work at first (kept freezing at the "Initializing DVD" message) then realised that you need to have the WODE in Flat Mode so the app can read from the DVD.

bcass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume that GC-Tool is the best app for scrubbing GameCube ISOs (and that the WODE can read scrubbed GC ISOs)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!