Misc Wireless LAN not working properly, but Wi-Fi works 100%?

• Thread starter Deleted-236924
  • Start date
  • Views 1,108
  • Replies 0
D

Deleted-236924

OP
Is it possible for the Wireless LAN to not work properly on my 3DS, while Wi-Fi connection works 100% properly?
I thought that it would be using the same wireless chip for both, so if one didn't work right, then the other wouldn't either.

I think it might be messed up, because whenever I attempt to do anything local wireless, it ends up messing up early on.

Ttried to play SMB3 multiplayer, kept getting connection errors.
Tried doing a local wireless trade in Pokémon, had to re-try several times before it finally went through.
Tried playing MK7 through Download Play, connection kept cutting early on.

Both of those times were between the two same 3DSes (mine and my friend's XL), so you might say "how do you know for sure it isn't your friend's XL?"

What made me think my 3DS was the problem is that we both went to a convention a couple weeks ago, and he kept getting dozens of streetpasses, while my 3DS wasn't getting anything. Both of our 3DSes weren't in a game, just sitting on the main menu in sleep mode (though I'm fairly sure you can still get streetpasses while in a 3DS game, just not when you're in DS mode.)

However, I'm able to connect to Wi-Fi and have absolutely zero issues (bar the occasional connection errors, but that happens to everyone because it's Nintendo WFC.)
I'm able to do Wi-Fi trades in Pokémon without a hitch.
I'm able to receive several streetpasses daily through HomePass.
I'm able to race in MK7 online without getting booted.
Able to connect to eShop and download games. Able to connect to Pokémon Bank/PokéTransfer.

Wondering if anybody else experienced a similar issue.
I wouldn't bother sending it in for repairs since I don't use actual wireless LAN often though, but it's another reason to get the new model of 3DS once it comes out. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative