Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is insane. Everyone is all like "pl0x I want undertale 4 2ds 10.3" and someone actually decided to do it.

What's next? N64 emulator? Splatoon? Mari0? Super Mario Maker? Wii U emulation? 3DS as a Wii U GamePad/Wiimote? Full speed SNES/GBA on o3DS? DS mode anything? Kernal exploit?

Reactions: lolzvid

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success!

2Ot9EFr.png

(I've removed the grey bars from the sides, now it's more seamless with the unused parts of the screen)

Meanwhile, the player is moving like Sanic (pls don't spam GOTTA GO FAST), but I'll experiment with some variables to see if I can fix the speed, and the flaw that makes the player go outside the screen.

I'll update my GitHub repository shortly.
His speed is 1 iirc, so would .5 work, or is rendering strick to exact pixels?
As for the outside the room thing, add some sort of collision check
Like uh
add a variable for movement, say, speed.
then before movement code, do a check like,
if (player_x + speed < 0) {
speed = 0;
}
etc.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is insane. Everyone is all like "pl0x I want undertale 4 2ds 10.3" and someone actually decided to do it.

What's next? N64 emulator? Splatoon? Mari0? Super Mario Maker? Wii U emulation? 3DS as a Wii U GamePad/Wiimote? Full speed SNES/GBA on o3DS? DS mode anything? Kernal exploit?

How is Undertale in the same league as the mostly impossible to do stuff you listed? Also, there is already full speed for the SNES on the o3DS, it's called BlargSNES.

lolzvid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Well, it's still a very basic demo :)

(pss, I've saw a new shell based off Sunshell, but with pure C and possibly with multitasking, but hey, don't tell that to anybody. ;))

His speed is 1 iirc, so would .5 work, or is rendering strick to exact pixels?
As for the outside the room thing, add some sort of collision check
Like uh
add a variable for movement, say, speed.
then before movement code, do a check like,
if (player_x + speed < 0) {
speed = 0;
}
etc.
I've did test with 0.25 and 0.1 - both times that I've tested, the player only went left or up... I'll try with 0.5.

Holy crap, thanks for the code there! I was thinking into something similar, but that seems to work (I still need to test it, I'll update this post with more info).

Reactions: XavyrrVaati

lolzvid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sounds like a +/- issue rather than a rounding issue, unless all numbers round down, (ie .1 rounds down to 0, but -.1 rounds down to -1)
I think you're right, since 0.5 gives me the same effect than before.

Also, it seems like that the code doesn't like to use a variable for speed (the player doesn't move at all), so it can be more complicated to make the collision detection.

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're right, since 0.5 gives me the same effect than before.

Also, it seems like that the code doesn't like to use a variable for speed (the player doesn't move at all), so it can be more complicated to make the collision detection.
I think I can get it to work, I just need to build stuff right xD
>can program sorta
>can't build a library to save himself

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is Undertale in the same league as the mostly impossible to do stuff you listed? Also, there is already full speed for the SNES on the o3DS, it's called BlargSNES.
It's a relatively new game with a fairly big fandom. I've seen FNAF 3DS requests back when FNAF was popular. Not really surprising people want it, especially since some noobier people don't own PCs to play Undertale.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's a relatively new game with a fairly big fandom. I've seen FNAF 3DS requests back when FNAF was popular. Not really surprising people want it, especially since some noobier people don't own PCs to play Undertale.
And this game isn't even demanding. It runs on my toaster.

Reactions: frogboy and lolzvid

lolzvid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's also because I kept playing the game for 16 hours straight and I pretty much got obsessed with it...

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this game isn't even demanding. It runs on my toaster.
Yeah, that's one of the reasons it's easily portable. IIRC it's a Game Maker game, actually (which makes it all the more confusing why it can't be released for other non-PC platforms)

lolzvid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, that's one of the reasons it's easily portable. IIRC it's a Game Maker game, actually (which makes it all the more confusing why it can't be released for other non-PC platforms)
Well, GameMaker: Studio is a pretty capable engine. It has modules for Linux, PSVita, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, Tizen, etc...

But the problem is that these modules are bought individually and they cost a lot (ex: Android module costs $150).

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, GameMaker: Studio is a pretty capable engine. It has modules for Linux, PSVita, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, Tizen, etc...

But the problem is that these modules are bought individually and they cost a lot (ex: Android module costs $150).
Paying $150 for a port that'll likely pull in way more than that would be a reasonable decision.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Isn't there interpreters for that? Or it isn't possible?

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

Well considering how much dosh the game made on Steam it honestly wouldn't be a bad idea to make Linux and console ports of the game. I'd be more concerned with how the more meta stuff would work on consoles - like when
Flowey crashes your game, or when Chara irreversibly takes your soul at the end of the Genocide run.

lolzvid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well considering how much dosh the game made on Steam it honestly wouldn't be a bad idea to make Linux and console ports of the game. I'd be more concerned with how the more meta stuff would work on consoles - like when
Flowey crashes your game, or when Chara irreversibly takes your soul at the end of the Genocide run.
Well, that
essay part from Mettaton Ex
would be a problem, too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Isn't there interpreters for that? Or it isn't possible?
What do you mean? Porting the game to another system, or making it work on another program?

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well, that
essay part from Mettaton Ex
would be a problem, too.

Yeah, hadn't thought of that. I feel like it could probably be replaced with a quiz like in the first Mettaton fight.
But yeah, Toby definitely didn't have consoles in mind when he made this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1