Hacking [WIP] Trails of Cold Steel 3 / Sen no Kiseki III / 閃の軌跡III ENGLISH Fan Translation

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

TrungPurpVN

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is it possible to port it to PC early? Because it is PS4 exclusive at release only :<
I've been playing the Trails series for less than half a year, currently at Zero prologue (completed CS 1 2 and Sora 1 2 3) and im real excited for CS 3

jimkage

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to port it to PC early? Because it is PS4 exclusive at release only :<
I've been playing the Trails series for less than half a year, currently at Zero prologue (completed CS 1 2 and Sora 1 2 3) and im real excited for CS 3

Do you even know how games are made ? actually, do you know porting isn't just a drag and drop job ? It took 2/3 years for PC ports of Cold Steel I and II, so my best guess is 6 months to a full year after it's release unless they already are working on porting behind the scenes.

TrungPurpVN

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Do you even know how games are made ? actually, do you know porting isn't just a drag and drop job ? It took 2/3 years for PC ports of Cold Steel I and II, so my best guess is 6 months to a full year after it's release unless they already are working on porting behind the scenes.
I do know it normally takes 6 months to 1 year between PS release and PC port (ive seen people talk about this before), but i dont know if it is possible to do it faster than that which is why i asked :< Because idk if 6 months to 1 year is the time that it really takes or due to the marketing strategy.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We may not want a PC port given how bad Ys 8 was on PC... It would probably be a long time if they want to avoid the backlash NISA got last time around.

If you don't have a PS4 you may be able to play it on PlayStation Now

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It's good that a PC port was not announced given how buggy and delayed the PC port of Ys VIII was.

Porting is not a drag and drop job.

It appears that PS4 uses the llvm/clang compiler. Windows also has a llvm port, but afaik PhyreEngine compiles using MSVC. Sen3 JP PS4 has been dumped, but I'm not sure if I got the decrypted eboot (I have the decrypted assets). I'll do more research on this at a later point in time, so don't expect anything.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Well...
Can you share your tool for extracting text from .bin files?
Maybe, inserter too?
It will help to translate the game into other languages.
Thanks.
I'll wait until either of these happen:
The maximum firmware requirement for CFW is raised so that Sen4 can be dumped
Trails of Cold Steel III PC is released

Reactions: jimkage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya