Hacking [WIP] Trails of Cold Steel 3 / Sen no Kiseki III / 閃の軌跡III ENGLISH Fan Translation

MrPchelka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, as soon as I get my hands on the script.
Nice, I don't know Japanese well enough to translate, mostly because of kanji but I can help a little with sentence structure. Still waiting for my game to come :) Can't wait to play through and help with project.

jigabar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly does this work? I hack my PS4 > Buy the Japanese Version of TOCS III > install the patch > All the subtitles and text boxes in the game now becomes English > Profit?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give this a try, I think I did something similar to this except I was removing Russian text from Nier Automata lol. Some genius decided spread that modified version all over the net replacing English text.

Narumimai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'm actually interested on the japanese script of Sen III. I know that there's already a translation spreadsheet, but it's the main story and some bonding event. Is it possible to share the extracted text files in japanese to maybe work on it? For some NPCs dialogue and maybe more.

Reactions: wakabayashy

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
been refreshing this page since the announcement waiting for the answer like you

hopefully soon we will get it
I don't see that being a big problem. Dumping PS4 games means basically unpacking the installed official game's pkg files on the console onto a USB stick. You end up with a folder that contains all the game's files. These are then repacked into a decrypted so called fake pkg and are then installable on all PS4s that are jailbroken. That's the current dumping procedure.

The easiest way I can see is to replace the modded script files before making the fake pkg. Should be pretty straight forward and not a big deal for everyone once the patch has been released.

I don't have my PS4 right now, so I can't test the patch right now.

Has there been a release announcement already? Can't see anything.

Last edited by moonblood666,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting my PS4 back in Q1 of 2019. There should be more progress by then.

In the meantime, I'm updating my model and texture extraction scripts so they have less errors, and more models are extracted correctly, like the Pantagruel interior (transparency is currently not implemented). I'll post them in the usual places later.

Darkonus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love this, makes it easier to translate the rest of the NPC around town dialogue. There is a Google Translation App for your phone that will allow you to translate the Japaneses to English through you phone by taking a picture of the screen in the app, then highlighting the Japaneses with your finger. The Chinese version of TOCS 3 is out now, 4 is releasing soon. So the translations from Chinese to English will be easier. I noticed the sentence structure fits the Chinese version alot better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...