ROM Hack [WIP] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken - English Translation

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let It Go? ... Well that was unexpected.

lLW59U7.png

(BTW, if anyone wants to use the DLC, you'll need to use the NTR language plugin to make it work)

Last edited by Lycan911,
Reactions: tiduscrying

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Let It Go? ... Well that was unexpected.

lLW59U7.png

(BTW, if anyone wants to use the DLC, you'll need to use the NTR language plugin to make it work)
Yeah there are some real weird songs in the Anime section. "Let it go" and "Do you want to build a snowman" were totally unexpected to me, haha.

Reactions: Lycan911

ISupposeHey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do everything as instructed, the program loads and says the task is completed, but I don't end up with an output file. (Mac, RomFS method, and it's a legit cartridge. Tried the alternate code too, same result.) Is there something I'm doing wrong?
It also might be my system, as I've been unable to patch my Rhythm Tengoku The Best+ RomFS as well. If anyone could have any ideas, they'd be very appreciated.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's that? Or what CFW do I need?
DLC - Downloadable Content
NTR - A mini-CFW that runs on top of your current CFW and allows language plugins and cheat plugins to be used.

Download the NTR CFW from here: https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases/
Download the DLC file and update 1.2 for the game from that ISO site and install it with your favorite CIA installer.

Place the "ntr.bin" file from the zip on to the root of your SD card, and install "BootNTR_autoexit.cia" with your favorite CIA installer.
Now, go to this link and download the .zip containing the language plugins, and copy the "langemu_jp.plg" into a folder named "0004000000102F00", and then move the "0004000000102F00" folder to a folder named "plugin" which should be on the root of your SD card.

So you should have these on the root of your SD card:

• /plugin/0004000000102F00/langemu_jp.plg
  • /ntr.bin

Now run the installed NTR CFW, let it load up, and it should exit automatically. Now just enter Taiko no Tatsujin, and don't be scared if a random blue or green screen flickers for a second while it's opening, it's just loading the plugin.

Let me know if you need anything else or if I wasn't too clear somewhere.

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
DLC - Downloadable Content
NTR - A mini-CFW that runs on top of your current CFW and allows language plugins and cheat plugins to be used.

Download the NTR CFW from here: https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases/
Download the DLC file and update 1.2 for the game from that ISO site and install it with your favorite CIA installer.

Place the "ntr.bin" file from the zip on to the root of your SD card, and install "BootNTR_autoexit.cia" with your favorite CIA installer.
Now, go to this link and download the .zip containing the language plugins, and copy the "langemu_jp.plg" into a folder named "0004000000102F00", and then move the "0004000000102F00" folder to a folder named "plugin" which should be on the root of your SD card.

So you should have these on the root of your SD card:

• /plugin/0004000000102F00/langemu_jp.plg
  • /ntr.bin

Now run the installed NTR CFW, let it load up, and it should exit automatically. Now just enter Taiko no Tatsujin, and don't be scared if a random blue or green screen flickers for a second while it's opening, it's just loading the plugin.

Let me know if you need anything else or if I wasn't too clear somewhere.

Thank you so much!!! I have already done it and it works!!

Reactions: Lycan911

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No problem, enjoy!

Edit:

By the way, you can also press Y+X at the same time to open the NTR menu, which will let you take a screenshot while playing, and some other stuff too.

Do I always have to do the same procedure every time I want to play the game with DLCs?

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you all for your hard work translating this game! :)

I edited the banner file to show the full banner for all regions in the home menu with the patched cia.
The title pic in the banner is still in japanese. You can get this with the attached xdelta3 patch file.

Take the translation-patched cia "TDM_EnglishMenuPatch.cia" (md5: 3e0cd301ec675753c4ab9b9aac2f0e21) to apply the patch.

xdelta3 -d -s TDM_EnglishMenuPatch.cia CiaBanner.xpatch TDM_engl_editedBanner.cia

The resulting "TDM_engl_editedBanner.cia" has this md5: 0b437d8b0107c4e70622ff3c2b7549e6

A little suggestion for improvement. Your tutorial instructs to take the untouched cia for patching, but I guess you mean the decrypted cia. For the avoidence of doubt you could add the md5 sums of the files similar to the Rythm Tengoku translation thread.

Attachments

• 2016-03-10 17.44.36.png
    2016-03-10 17.44.36.png
    388.2 KB · Views: 664
  • CiaBanner.zip
    2 KB · Views: 653
Last edited by gl1mml1ng,

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your hard work translating this game! :)

I edited the banner file to show the full banner for all regions in the home menu with the patched cia.
The title pic in the banner is still in japanese. You can get this with the attached xdelta3 patch file.

Take the translation-patched cia "TDM_EnglishMenuPatch.cia" (md5: 3e0cd301ec675753c4ab9b9aac2f0e21) to apply the patch.

xdelta3 -d -s TDM_EnglishMenuPatch.cia CiaBanner.xpatch TDM_engl_editedBanner.cia

The resulting "TDM_engl_editedBanner.cia" has this md5: 0b437d8b0107c4e70622ff3c2b7549e6

A little suggestion for improvement. Your tutorial instructs to take the untouched cia for patching, but I guess you mean the decrypted cia. For the avoidence of doubt you could add the md5 sums of the files similar to the Rythm Tengoku translation thread.
Dude, nice! Thank you so much for doing this! I was trying to inject an english banner last night actually, and just ended up messing things up. I also added an English icon.bin, but it messed with the region-free settings and kept making the game disappear, aha. But this is totally rad. Is it alright if I link to it in the OP (full credits to you, naturally)?

Also, thanks for the critique! I'll add the MD5's for all the decrypted CIA in the OP.

Reactions: gl1mml1ng

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dude, nice! Thank you so much for doing this! I was trying to inject an english banner last night actually, and just ended up messing things up. I also added an English icon.bin, but it messed with the region-free settings and kept making the game disappear, aha. But this is totally rad. Is it alright if I link to it in the OP (full credits to you, naturally)?

Also, thanks for the critique! I'll add the MD5's for all the decrypted CIA in the OP.
Yes of course you can use the banner for your cia patches. I hope it will work on your USA 3ds. I found the tutorial in the ba-GUI-nnertool. There is a pdf describing this in the package.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy