that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated the original post to include new patching instructions! Further patching will involve the RePatch plugin that has recently been released. It makes things a lot cleaner and easier!

Hopefully I will be able to get patch version v2 out soon. The story mode is still untranslated, but all of it's menu assets are translated along with equipment names and effects. Thank you all for your patience.

paranormalCrystal

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I downloaded this patch and everything, but when I try launch the game every time after putting in the patch, I get an error and it closes, but it worked fine before. I got this version of the patch from reddit, and thought this was why it wasn't working, but when I tried doing it myself, it turns out that there's no .l7c file, so I can't patch it. I'm new to patching, so how do you get this l7c file. (Also sorry, I know this is an old thread.)

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The patching is failing and idk why. Help?
upload_2018-9-5_5-19-4.png

Last edited by GamerzHell9137,
D

Deleted User

Really enjoying this thank you so much! Looking forward to the story translation.

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

After a lot of delays and broken promises, I've decided to just release everything I've got as a work-in-progress beta patch. It is still incomplete, with the majority of the story still MIA, but at least most of the graphics are translated in their entirety. There are some issues that are already known such as text overflow in Donder Quest and the Stampbook area. Thanks to everyone for their continued support for the patch. I know this release isn't much, especially with other ways to experience Taiko now, but hopefully it is enough for some of you!

And here's a link to the latest patch! Check the OP for updated instructions!

Last edited by tiduscrying,

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Patch version 1.20 Final has been uploaded! Please download that instead! OP updated with MD5 checksums and links!

Edit 9/10/18: Some users reported black screen issues when starting using patch v1.20. Fixed and reuploaded! Check OP for new checksums and links!

Last edited by tiduscrying,

KnockerDolt

Trophies
XP
Country
Getting an error while trying to patch the encrypted version of data_release.l7z
Attempting to patch "original_data_release.l7c"...
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
xdelta3: normally this indicates that the source file is incorrect
xdelta3: please verify the source file with sha1sum or equivalent
Error occured! Patching wasn't successful!
The MD5 of the data_release I have is D432FBCD14395D303CF6A7ADAB2220C5 so doesn't match the MD5's you provided. This is directly downloaded from PSN using my Japanese account and been updated to 1.01. Do you have any suggestions?

Kaien92

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi I download the patch and try install above the old patch 1.01 and wasn't working also I try install above the base game in format nonpdrm and neither working :/

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Getting an error while trying to patch the encrypted version of data_release.l7z. The MD5 of the data_release I have is D432FBCD14395D303CF6A7ADAB2220C5 so doesn't match the MD5's you provided. This is directly downloaded from PSN using my Japanese account and been updated to 1.01. Do you have any suggestions?

Did you transfer over the data_release.l7z via FTP or USB? If FTP did you open the directory "as decrypted" before connecting in with your FTP client?

Hi I download the patch and try install above the old patch 1.01 and wasn't working also I try install above the base game in format nonpdrm and neither working :/

Anything more specific? Does the game just not boot? Are you running a physical copy or download? What firmware version are you on?

KnockerDolt

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you transfer over the data_release.l7z via FTP or USB? If FTP did you open the directory "as decrypted" before connecting in with your FTP client?
I transfered it over USB using VitaShell after decrypting the folder thinking that would work. Just tried it via FTP and the MD5's match up so it looks like the decryption doesn't work over USB for some reason. Patched it and transfered it back over FTP and it's working now.

Reactions: tiduscrying

Kaien92

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Anything more specific? Does the game just not boot? Are you running a physical copy or download? What firmware version are you on?

It is a digital copy in nompdrm, I have version 3.68 h-encore and I transfer it through usb, the filezilla does not give me permissions to transfer from the folder where the game is in addition to being much slower that method. It is not that the game does not roll, but that it does not machea with the patch

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
It is a digital copy in nompdrm, I have version 3.68 h-encore and I transfer it through usb, the filezilla does not give me permissions to transfer from the folder where the game is in addition to being much slower that method. It is not that the game does not roll, but that it does not machea with the patch

Unfortunately you have to transfer the original data_release.l7z file to your computer via FTP since VitaShell cannot decrypt through USB. It is slower, but it is the only way to obtain the decrypted version of the file for use with the patch.

Kaien92

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
[QUOTE = "tiduscrying, post: 8309953, member: 306722"] Desafortunadamente, tiene que transferir el archivo data_release.l7z original a su computadora a través de FTP, ya que VitaShell no puede descifrar a través de USB. Es más lento, pero es la única forma de obtener la versión descifrada del archivo para usar con el parche. [/ QUOTE]

ready, tried to install everything back in that way and the patch works, thank you very much

Last edited by Kaien92,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tools are now officially publicly released: https://github.com/solaris573/taikotools

@tiduscrying Make sure to update to the latest tools that are in the releases tab on the Github page (https://github.com/solaris573/taikotools/releases). I made some big improvements to the archive creation code, so it's a bit faster now.
Hi ! I'm trying to get the song files of the game, I used pkg2zip but this got me a data_release.l7c file, and your app is expecting a data_release.l7z file...any pointers ? (I get a "Not a L7CA archive" error) (I'm a complete noob when it comes to vita files, so bear with me lol)

Last edited by Azel,

Naff47

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I'm hopeful someone can help me with this. I have downloaded the game with patches from the PSN store. I have been trying to patch the game after following all of the steps detailed but it says that the file has the wrong checksum even though it matches the checksum noted below the instructions. I have renamed the file to original_data_release.l7c as noted. My checksum is
SHA1: 076226AE7BDF8A7B0E7667CAF685E9FBF0834C02

Have I done something wrong? this is my first time trying to patch a game so it's probably likely....

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm hopeful someone can help me with this. I have downloaded the game with patches from the PSN store. I have been trying to patch the game after following all of the steps detailed but it says that the file has the wrong checksum even though it matches the checksum noted below the instructions. I have renamed the file to original_data_release.l7c as noted. My checksum is
SHA1: 076226AE7BDF8A7B0E7667CAF685E9FBF0834C02

Have I done something wrong? this is my first time trying to patch a game so it's probably likely....

Hmm, just checked and your checksums are correct. I think what I messed up on was that I made the patch for decrypted versions of the data_release.l7c file. Back when the only dumping methods were Vitamin and MaiDumpTool, that's the kind of file you'd end up getting. I'll try to fix that in a bit, but in the meantime you can try transferring the data_release.l7c file via FTP using VitaShell. Navigate to the "ux0:/app/PCSG00551" folder and hit triangle in VitaShell, then select "Open Decrypted". Start the FTP server from the vita by hitting select and then FTP file to your PC. That should work, resulting in a file with a SHA1 of "9004DBFF40D03D607BD24BF6DA3E5548BF28A652".

I updated the OP for the time being with the correct MD5 values for both the encrypted and decrypted version of the data_release.l7c file. My apologies to anyone that was having issues with that! I'll try to have a proper fix in a bit!

justine_03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used FTP and opened the directory as decrypted.
yet i'm getting this error when i run the script on the alternative windows option (see screenshot)
my MD5 hash of the data_release.l7c matches with the NoNpDRM: d432fbcd14395d303cf6a7adab2220c5

a new file is supposed to be created right?
i'm on 3.65 henkaku enso.
any help would be appreciated! i'm new to this also

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 224

Naff47

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Tiiduscrying! Thanks for the quick reply that's really appreciated! I am actually the same as Justine_03 in the fact that I did transfer the data as you have stated in your reply by going into vita shell, hitting triangle on "ux0:/app/PCSG00551" and selecting open decrypted and then transferring the file. My vita is running on 3.60 henkaku enso.

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
i used FTP and opened the directory as decrypted.
yet i'm getting this error when i run the script on the alternative windows option (see screenshot)
my MD5 hash of the data_release.l7c matches with the NoNpDRM: d432fbcd14395d303cf6a7adab2220c5

a new file is supposed to be created right?
i'm on 3.65 henkaku enso.
any help would be appreciated! i'm new to this also

Hi Tiiduscrying! Thanks for the quick reply that's really appreciated! I am actually the same as Justine_03 in the fact that I did transfer the data as you have stated in your reply by going into vita shell, hitting triangle on "ux0:/app/PCSG00551" and selecting open decrypted and then transferring the file. My vita is running on 3.60 henkaku enso.

Alright, I just uploaded a new patch that I verified and everything to work with the normal, vanilla version of the data_release.l7c file that you would get just from downloading and transferring it to your PC, no finagling with VitaShell and FTP required! This should work for you guys! Here is the link (also added to the OP).

justine_03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the patch worked! i followed the rest of the instructions and transferred the file to my vita and deleted the original data_release.l7c in ux0/app/PCSG00551. then i closed vitashell, booted taiko, and got a C2-12828-1 error! :( luckily i haven't put much time into taiko, so i'll just redownload and try again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol