United States
This can currently edit:
Your Hero
9 All 24 Demon Slots
Macca
Charon's Tab
App Points

Update 0.2.0
Can now edit your inventory. The button to add all does not add dummy items. Some of them do crash the game.
All 24 demon slots can now be loaded and edited.

The compendium editor is still a WIP. You can access it now, but stat editing is locked. The activate button will try to activate all the entries, but I'm still not 100% sure if it will work for all saves. It might miss a few because of the incomplete demon list. I will finish it the next time I get a chance.

You MUST have a demon in the slot you want to edit currently. I'm still working on where the slot info is stored. Some changes will not be present at the save loading screen. Be careful and keep an extra backup somewhere. Anything labeled "???" is DLC I don't have, or dummy data that actually works. If you load your save and it has "???", it'd be greatly appreciated if you could upload your save and give me the name of what demon/equipment it is.

Attachments

• SMTIV Editor 10-19-2015.zip
    43.3 KB · Views: 4,077
Last edited by JK_,

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
Already ran into my first error When I tried to load one of my saves it gives me this error *in the pic* but when I load sdds4game1 one file it works.

and I got some of the armor DLC I can help you with that sorta

Attachments

• SMT4 save Something Whatever.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Error.png
    Error.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,499

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already ran into my first error When I tried to load one of my saves it gives me this error *in the pic* but when I load sdds4game1 one file it works.

and I got some of the armor DLC I can help you with that sorta
I fixed it. I goof'd in the code for loading the MC Level. I accidentally made it load a 16bit int instead of 8. Should work for your second save now. It does for me.

EDIT: Apparently, the moves go way further. Gonna get on it now. I hit a huge field of dummy data and thought I had gotten them all.

Last edited by JK_,
Reactions: Something whatever

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP Updated with new version. It has every skill I missed after the giant 120 skill long block of dummy moves. The game crashes if I go any further, so that should be all of them... I hope.

I wonder what the skill Rabbit Riser was going to be...
There's a ton of stuff that didn't make it into the game. I wish I could take the time to figure out what they are, but most of them just make the game crash or don't work. One or two of the dummy armors with Japanese names actually work and are completely different from the rest too. I'd have to track them down again though. I forgot to note which they are.

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it. I goof'd in the code for loading the MC Level. I accidentally made it load a 16bit int instead of 8. Should work for your second save now. It does for me.

EDIT: Apparently, the moves go way further. Gonna get on it now. I hit a huge field of dummy data and thought I had gotten them all.

I'm still having the issue that Something whatever was experiencing. I even started a brand new save to test it out, and it still does it. What can I do to fix this? I've attached my brand new save.

Attachments

• sdds4game2.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 275

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having the issue that Something whatever was experiencing. I even started a brand new save to test it out, and it still does it. What can I do to fix this? I've attached my brand new save.
OK. Quick fix done. Check OP. The Helm ID in a new save is not what I thought it should be. Also, ignore the inventory tab for now.

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Quick fix done. Check OP. The Helm ID in a new save is not what I thought it should be. Also, ignore the inventory tab for now.
Cool, that fixed it. I noticed some skills are missing in the demons tab (Dark Energy, Kannuki Throw) and I was wondering if they were able to be edited on or just aren't possible?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated. I fixed a few things and also changed how a lot of stuff is handled. I started working on finishing out the demons again, but right now I'm stuck in a bunch of dummy repeats. Also, since I changed a lot under the hood, you can now access *some* of the dummy data if you want. Rename the exe to "SMTIV Editor.Dummy.exe" and it should start up with the dummies thrown into the equipment and skills. Just be careful. I had problems with some of them crashing the game if I saved in a dungeon.
Cool, that fixed it. I noticed some skills are missing in the demons tab (Dark Energy, Kannuki Throw) and I was wondering if they were able to be edited on or just aren't possible?
It's possible I accidentally marked them as dummy moves. I'll look into when I have more time.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS AWESOME!! Thanks a lot for this, looking forward to any and all further improvements. I lost an 80+ hour save file and just didn't have it in me to re-start and even attempt to finish the game. Now I've been re-invigorated.
I'm glad you like and it'll help you give the game another shot.

As for updates, no actual updates to program for now. I've found a few things, but I'm still playing around with them. I figured purchased apps would just be a bit field, but they're not and I'm figuring that out. I've also found the map, x, y, and z is stored, but I keep falling through the floor for some reason. I've also begun looking at how the compendium works. It'll be a decent update when it gets done.

Edit: A couple bugs have been found and fixed. Slightly newer build is in OP. This is probably it for a little bit, unless someone finds more.

Last edited by JK_,
Reactions: MassiveRican

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Might help if I actually read the whole first post. Spent like 20 minutes editing the file and then tried to put it in my game and all the stats were the same cause I forgot to use File->Save. Might want to make that a little clearer inside of the app itself somehow.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Might help if I actually read the whole first post. Spent like 20 minutes editing the file and then tried to put it in my game and all the stats were the same cause I forgot to use File->Save. Might want to make that a little clearer inside of the app itself somehow.
Isn't it pretty obvious that you have to actually save the changes to see them? It's the same as, for example, with text files. Unless you save the file (and by that also the changes), it'll stay the same..

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it pretty obvious that you have to actually save the changes to see them? It's the same as, for example, with text files. Unless you save the file (and by that also the changes), it'll stay the same..
There's a big "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the program. I kind of figured that maybe that would, you know, save the changes.
Instead, apparently you need to push that and then file->save.

Last edited by gamerboy1995,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a big "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the program. I kind of figured that maybe that would, you know, save the changes.
Instead, apparently you need to push that and then file->save.
The save buttons on the tabs update the objects. When you load a save, I have classes/objects for the hero and demons. Your save is loaded into memory. Those objects are programmed to then get the stats and IDs from the buffer containing your save. Once you hit File->Save, all of them have a function to modify the values at the offsets they have stored. Then the buffer, with the modified data, is written to the file you select. I did it this way to keep it a bit more organized for myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup