ROM Hack [WIP] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux Restoration Mod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you played the original and don't know who Captain Jack is, then you should play it again

point taken - it's been a while, and I never finished it the first time around before getting distracted by something else

speaking of distraction, my other project hit a snag, so I dug into this after buying a copy - in general, you no longer see npcs (they don't have portraits, effectively, and I replaced the comm images with the "sound-only" variant), and characters that had portraits in the original have been replaced by the original art

a few things:
-most portraits were sourced from the ds rom, as this was the cleanest I could find (weird note here is that these are included in the 3ds version in the files, but never used...)
-I may have missed some things, I'll need to do a play test, but really only concerned about the boss battles / doppleganger and how they show up (tuxedo gore, etc)
-small icons have not been replaced yet
-I tried something a bit different with Alex as she seems very plot important in this version - you'll have to see how you like it, but if you don't, it's easy enough to walk back to no portrait for her

how should I upload it? can I link to a google drive, or do I need to make a mega?

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool stuff, I'll definitely be using this.

does this have the audio in english as i loved the original for that ?
What pray tell are you even talking about?
The original version of Strange Journey on DS had no voice acting whatsoever and the 3DS version has only Japanese audio available even in American and European official releases.

AlternativeZero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v2.0 is released.

Changelog is in the OP.

If you don't care about the vanity stuff then another build is coming soon otherwise if you want the shine back then a brand new build will arrive later as the old one had a few problems, as usual, this works Luma's game patching but if you want to compile it into the .cia then the files are easily replaceable.

Reactions: swosho and gagaty

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i thought it did have english voices but if not can redux have a patch to remove the japanese audio?
You can literally turn off the voices in options, for the love of god stop spewing shit when you didn't even bother turning the game on.

v2.0 is released.

Changelog is in the OP.

If you don't care about the vanity stuff then another build is coming soon otherwise if you want the shine back then a brand new build will arrive later as the old one had a few problems, as usual, this works Luma's game patching but if you want to compile it into the .cia then the files are easily replaceable.
Neat.

Last edited by Canzah,

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
point taken - it's been a while, and I never finished it the first time around before getting distracted by something else

speaking of distraction, my other project hit a snag, so I dug into this after buying a copy - in general, you no longer see npcs (they don't have portraits, effectively, and I replaced the comm images with the "sound-only" variant), and characters that had portraits in the original have been replaced by the original art

a few things:
-most portraits were sourced from the ds rom, as this was the cleanest I could find (weird note here is that these are included in the 3ds version in the files, but never used...)
-I may have missed some things, I'll need to do a play test, but really only concerned about the boss battles / doppleganger and how they show up (tuxedo gore, etc)
-small icons have not been replaced yet
-I tried something a bit different with Alex as she seems very plot important in this version - you'll have to see how you like it, but if you don't, it's easy enough to walk back to no portrait for her

how should I upload it? can I link to a google drive, or do I need to make a mega?
While traversing dungeons, you still have the new portrait on the bottom screen. Also, I don't know how well the old DS sprites stretch given how low-res they probably are, but they're really, really small

Saratase1

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hi, sorry, but how do I install this mod? Im totally new to this and I really want to have this alternative title screen. Thanks in advance

Reactions: wirelleus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright