ROM Hack [WIP] Shin Megami Tensai IV Final - English Translation

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you could finish off weapon names and spells and general menus, that'd be nice for us already well into the game. Otherwise, just don't translate the story. Whatsoever. Atlus will kill you.
Lol I don't think they'll kill me but it doesn't matter, nobody can get that much done as fast as the company themselves.

Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish you would have waited just a little bit. Anyways, if you are still interested in working on a game that is 4 years dead in the water with no chance of localization, send me a PM.

Reactions: Musgora

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you still plan on releasing another version of the patch?
We probably have about four months till the game comes out. :yay3ds:
Yeah we're going to release one more version before we completely call it quits

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wish you would have waited just a little bit. Anyways, if you are still interested in working on a game that is 4 years dead in the water with no chance of localization, send me a PM.
Waited a little bit for what, nobody knew if there would be a release or not, and it depends on what that game is.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I was saying was that ATLUS has been very generous in the recent past when it comes to localization. We got the DS: Overclocked in 2011, Soul Hackers in 2012, SMT:4 in 2013, and DS Break Record in 2015. We barely got SMT:4 Final a couple of months ago. You are right, we didnt know if we would get it. But a few months of waiting would have saved you some work. That's all. I hate to see hard work go to waste.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since people don't bother reading all posts in a thread, you might wanna update the original post so that it tells people that the game is going to be officially localized this summer. Just like I'd hate to see people's hard work at translating a game go up in flames when the game's officially translated, I'd also hate to see someone playing a very-partially translated version of this game without knowing they could play the real thing if they waited a few months.

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since people don't bother reading all posts in a thread, you might wanna update the original post so that it tells people that the game is going to be officially localized this summer. Just like I'd hate to see people's hard work at translating a game go up in flames when the game's officially translated, I'd also hate to see someone playing a very-partially translated version of this game without knowing they could play the real thing if they waited a few months.

@Bortz @Pedeadstrian
Guys relax, I'm pretty sure everybody knows it's out, it's on the front page of gbatemp.
Also I'm not interested in any other project, it's just not fun unless I actually feel like I like what I'm doing.

Like I think I said before, I'm going to release one last patch and sum up everything, and I doubt anyone is going to go through the effort to get NTR and realise that they could've played the game in English.

And lastly the game is not coming out until September 2016, that's still a long time from now so it's not a waste of time, only you are wasting your time trying to discourage me or tell me what I should or should not do.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bortz @Pedeadstrian
Guys relax, I'm pretty sure everybody knows it's out, it's on the front page of gbatemp.
Also I'm not interested in any other project, it's just not fun unless I actually feel like I like what I'm doing.

Like I think I said before, I'm going to release one last patch and sum up everything, and I doubt anyone is going to go through the effort to get NTR and realise that they could've played the game in English.

And lastly the game is not coming out until September 2016, that's still a long time from now so it's not a waste of time, only you are wasting your time trying to discourage me or tell me what I should or should not do.
I wasn't really trying to discourage you... I just thought it might be a good idea to tell people in this thread that the official localization will come out relatively soon, since not everyone pays attention to gaming news. It'd take a few seconds to add that to the original post, much less time than it took for you to tell me not to discourage you and not to tell you what to do.

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't really trying to discourage you... I just thought it might be a good idea to tell people in this thread that the official localization will come out relatively soon, since not everyone pays attention to gaming news. It'd take a few seconds to add that to the original post, much less time than it took for you to tell me not to discourage you and not to tell you what to do.
I was more pertaining to Bortz, but yeah.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am quite thankful that you tried to translate this game and for all of the work that you put into doing that.
You may have done it because of your own interest in the game, but I think that the effort that you put toward the translation is still quite admirable.

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am quite thankful that you tried to translate this game and for all of the work that you put into doing that.
You may have done it because of your own interest in the game, but I think that the effort that you put toward the translation is still quite admirable.
Thanks, I'm kinda stuck right now, can't figure out how to pack the new code.bin into an update.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see...I think.
Instead of being in the files outside, the names are in the files for the game itself, so, you cannot use an NTR plugin to translate them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4