spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
i already have powersaves pro, but i don't have oot3d or cubic ninja, now i'm researching what game is easier to exploit before i'm buying it

Through powersaves you can use oot3dhax. Pretty sure it's as easy as downloading a file and placing it right. Now Cubic Ninja isn't as good a game as oot3d. Use oot3d to install menuhax, then go play it. I love Zelda.

_phlo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes sure I downloaded these files direct to my sd card and unzipped it direct to sd card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay doing it again (hey I have got time) I trust that the link is already the right md5

asmola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Through powersaves you can use oot3dhax. Pretty sure it's as easy as downloading a file and placing it right. Now Cubic Ninja isn't as good a game as oot3d. Use oot3d to install menuhax, then go play it. I love Zelda.
Thanks i'll do that :)
already looking at ebay for the game

_phlo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys I wanted to downgrade my 3ds had everything right but after I pressed downgrade hax sucess blinked once and black screen any help?

Edit:I had softbrick and could recover but lost homebrew nevermind

Last edited by _phlo_,

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just want to double check, is it recommend to sysupdate to 10.3 first, then attempt downgrading? The n3ds I have here is at fw 9.5
Thanks -SM

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to double check, is it recommend to sysupdate to 10.3 first, then attempt downgrading? The n3ds I have here is at fw 9.5
Thanks -SM

Recommended to do hardmod first, make back up of NAND. Than attempt downgrade. Don't have to be on 10.3, some claim it's better, but it's all hear say...

SMVB64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anything being on a lower firmware is better since there are less CIA's to install reducing your chances of failure.
I might go that route, because I have tried updating to 10.3 with sysupdater 4.2b but all I ever get is "Failed to get CIA file info!"
I'm using menuhax as the entry point and tried the ftp pony trick but no dice

Last edited by SMVB64,

SMVB64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 9.7.. Is this a problem? Can i update to 10.3 right now anyway and than downgrade?
Not officially since you get 10.4, but mind you, I'm having a really hard time trying to update to 10.3 using sysupdater due to really really low boot rate.
(I tried at least over 25+ times and keep getting "Failed to get CIA file info")
Supposedly its riskier if your not 10.3 but im not really sure. Some say it is, some say otherwise.

Last edited by SMVB64,

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys I wanted to downgrade my 3ds had everything right but after I pressed downgrade hax sucess blinked once and black screen any help?

Edit:I had softbrick and could recover but lost homebrew nevermind
You should if you are lower version you have higher chance bricking
But I think smealum will find some way to downgrade again

Please read the downgrade threads before asking around or spreading misinformation.

First off: black screen after pressing Y to downgrade means memchunkhax2 failed to load successfully, it is not a brick. Keep trying to downgrade. If you did and then ended up on a softbrick, please post some more details, like what happened during install that was different from the norm, if anything, that could cause a softbrick. That'd help devs pinpoint where exactly undefined behaviour is present(I believe that's where most stability issues come from).

Second point: Being on a lower firmware doesn't seem to highly increase chances of bricking your 3DS. At least not compared to people on 10.3. I downgraded an O3DS from 9.9 to 9.2 without much hassle using SafeSysUpdater.

Finally: smealum wasn't the one who found a way to downgrade, as far as I can recall. derrek made public what he could come up with for kernel access on the 3DS, which lead to memchunkhax2, worked on by Steveice10. As for the downgrade, sysUpdater, by profi200, already existed, but was modified to use memchunkhax2 to allow people to downgrade.

Don't forget to thank @cpasjuste for SafeSysUpdater. The MD5 checks for the lazy are a godsend. You were saved from a brick the first time you tried it, don't forget that.

If i'm not on 10.3, can i use it with 10.3 update files to decrease bricking chances?
I'm on 9.7.. Is this a problem? Can i update to 10.3 right now anyway and than downgrade?
Not officially since you get 10.4, but mind you, I'm having a really hard time trying to update to 10.3 using sysupdater due to really really low boot rate.
(I tried at least over 25+ times and keep getting "Failed to get CIA file info")
Supposedly its riskier if your not 10.3 but im not really sure. Some say it is, some say otherwise.

It shouldn't matter whether you're on 10.3/2(same NATIVE_FIRM on these two) or not. sysUpdater will flash the .cia's on top of your current ones, essentially replacing your system titles.
If you believe it could potentially increse risks of getting a brick, try sysUpdater(no MD5 checks) to update to 10.3 or 10.2, like other people suggested.

In case you decide to downgrade to 9.2, I suggest you have a backup plan for launching *hax before you attempt the downgrade. Be it from 10.3/2 or [9.3, 10.1], if you end up with a franken-firmware, you might not be able to launch the browser or game cartridges. Get your OoT3D out and put a 9.2 payload on it. If you see NATIVE_FIRM being successfully installed, that's what I think you'll need.

Just to back my point up, though maybe I was lucky: I downgraded a 9.9.0-26U O3DS to 9.2.0-20U without an issue.

Last edited by spoonm, , Reason: Mentioning profi200 and Cpasjuste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1