Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
I cant open the browser and it wont boot into menuhax

Isnt there anything else I can do other than boot in recovery and update to 10.4?

Is there really no other entrypoint? That sucks, man. Maybe someone you know with Ocarina of Time and a hacked 3DS could lend you that... If you have no entrypoint to run sysUpdater, yeah, you'll need to use recovery and update to 10.4. :/

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well i guess ill have to upgrade to 10.4 and buy a game to play then :P
Dude, You're half way already. Don't give up and settle for 10.4. With franken-firmware you should go borrow/buy OOT (ask someone to help you install the exploit save), then re-downgrade again.

I just heard another people successful update to 10.3 using @julian20 sysupdater then successfully downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 without error. Both are with N3DS. So far only 2 report, but those are 100% success.

Wouldn't recommend so don't quote on me but on theory, seem encouraging and understandably safer in case you can correctly download and check the firmware package for 10.3 and 9.2.

Last edited by tivu100,

Alex3DSU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to hax 2.5.
I am pretty sure I am on hax 2.5
Is browserhax on 2.5?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you using anything besides Menuhax as your entry point. I was trying to use oothax and browserhax and neither would work. I had to use Menuhax to get it to successfully downgrade on a N3DS XL.
I will try menuhax. I replaced the boot file, but I will try menuhax anyways

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you using anything besides Menuhax as your entry point? I was trying to use oothax and browserhax and neither would work. I had to use Menuhax to get it to successfully downgrade on a N3DS XL.
It worked. Now I just have to get past the pink dots of doom

wasting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
attempted to go from brand new out of box 9.8 N3DSXL to 9.2

Used SafeSysUpdater, confirmed CIA files before hand
Started downgrade after about 10 or so CIAs applied I got a system error occurred and to shutdown my 3DS.
I have an incomplete downgrade, some things working, most not...
I cannot launch settings, browser or any game cartridge (purchased shovel knight to see if i could use its 9.8 firmware requirement but no go)

Anyone have any other recommendations?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
attempted to go from brand new out of box 9.8 N3DSXL to 9.2

Used SafeSysUpdater, confirmed CIA files before hand
Started downgrade after about 10 or so CIAs applied I got a system error occurred and to shutdown my 3DS.
I have an incomplete downgrade, some things working, most not...
I cannot launch settings, browser or any game cartridge (purchased shovel knight to see if i could use its 9.8 firmware requirement but no go)

Anyone have any other recommendations?
Update using @julian20 sysupdater version to 10.3 then downgrade again.

This sysupdater right here https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820

Last edited by tivu100,

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Update using @julian20 sysupdater version to 10.3 then downgrade again.

No need to update to 10.3, afaik. He's in a franken-firmware, and whatever titles are used for the browser and to open game cartridges are likely incompatible with his current NATIVE_FIRM. He could go to 10.3 and downgrade again, but it's possible to just flash all the .cia's on top of the current ones through sysUpdater/SafeSysUpdater.

Now, he said he can't use the browser, so browserhax isn't an option. Game cartridges can't be launched, so no oot3dhax or ninjhax. Ironfall on the eShop is updated, does the method to get Ironfall 1.0 still work? If he got an incomplete flash, either the browser is still 9.8's(meaning he's in 9.0 FIRM) or the browser is 9.2(meaning he's in 9.8). menuhax, if installed, should still work if the latter is true, afaik. If there's no entrypoint... sucks to be his 3DS.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to update to 10.3, afaik. He's in a franken-firmware, and whatever titles are used for the browser and to open game cartridges are likely incompatible with his current NATIVE_FIRM. He could go to 10.3 and downgrade again, but it's possible to just flash all the .cia's on top of the current ones through sysUpdater/SafeSysUpdater.

Now, he said he can't use the browser, so browserhax isn't an option. Game cartridges can't be launched, so no oot3dhax or ninjhax. Ironfall on the eShop is updated, does the method to get Ironfall 1.0 still work? If he got an incomplete flash, either the browser is still 9.8's(meaning he's in 9.0 FIRM) or the browser is 9.2(meaning he's in 9.8). menuhax, if installed, should still work if the latter is true, afaik. If there's no entrypoint... sucks to be his 3DS.
The problem with franken firmware is we don't know which real firmware it is. The risk is just too high, so that's why I suggested to update to a full version before downgrading.

If he is still in 9.8 state, another downgrade may end up with a real soft brick. If it's mostly 9.2 then he may have better chance use the official sysupdater to downgrade to full 9.2. Anyways, tough call in this case. Can't be 100% sure on anything.

Last edited by tivu100,

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem with franken firmware is we don't know which real firmware it is. The risk is just too high, so that's why I suggested to update to a full version before downgrading.

If he is still in 9.8 state, another downgrade may end up with a real soft brick. If it's mostly 9.2 then he may have better chance use the official sysupdater to downgrade to full 9.2. Anyways, tough call in this case. Can't be 100% sure on anything.

If memchunkhax2 can be issued, sysUpdater/SafeSysUpdater should replace every title anyways. I think it's better to flash them on top of his current firmware.
Now, in case he CAN launch *hax, a good way to test would be to try Pasta. If Pasta runs okay, he's in 9.2 and can use the regular sysUpdater after he flashes its .cia through FBI. Didn't people say it was stable that way? Else, he can try to use [Safe]sysUpdater to downgrade again, which is, like I said, just going to replace every needed title with 9.2 ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o