Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Um...how long does the process actually takes because I'm a bit scared right now.
First few times were just black screens with small red pixels on the corner of the top screen, but this time it says "HAX SUCCESS !", but it looks like it's staying on "init ->".
Part of me says its stuck, but I don't want to screw myself up. It's been like this for a few minutes, so...uh...do I shut it down?

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um...how long does the process actually takes because I'm a bit scared right now.
First few times were just black screens with small red pixels on the corner of the top screen, but this time it says "HAX SUCCESS !", but it looks like it's staying on "init ->".
Part of me says its stuck, but I don't want to screw myself up. It's been like this for a few minutes, so...uh...do I shut it down?
yea shut down keep trying same thing happened to me im still trying

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j
I used Menuhax and I renamed SafeSysUpdater.3dsx to boot.3dsx and put it on the root of my micro SD and then kept booting into it until it started downgrading my n3DS
did that and the first time i tried it it had hax sucess but init isnt moving at all should i restart and keep trying

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
umm.. ok I started the process and just right out of the gate it says "checking update integrity..." and the first one failed.

it doesn't exit with A as it says on the screen.. should I restart and try again?

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MD5 and SHA-1 hashes from that thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

"N3DS 9.2.0-20U:
MD5: e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e
SHA-1: 377c140377fb6cf31a0c032c4e1196cc521f87fe?"

I've checked my N3DS 9.2U cia file and the MD5 matches perfectly, however, the SHA-1 it's missing the last "?" at the end. But the program that I used says that is okay, to be honest, the program even doesn't show the "?". Is that normal? I used IgorWare Hasher to make the verification.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alrighty! Finally got it to work after around <20 times! Just keep trying and you'll eventually get past that "init ->" point. :)

Time to see if I can do some cool things with this.

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MD5 and SHA-1 hashes from that thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

"N3DS 9.2.0-20U:
MD5: e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e
SHA-1: 377c140377fb6cf31a0c032c4e1196cc521f87fe?"

I've checked my N3DS 9.2U cia file and the MD5 matches perfectly, however, the SHA-1 it's missing the last "?" at the end. But the program that I used says that is okay, to be honest, the program even doesn't show the "?". Is that normal? I used IgorWare Hasher to make the verification.
u dont need the ?

xed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
New 3DS Hyrule Gold Edition US
original firmware: 9.9
updated to: 10.3
downgraded to 9.2

after 7x black screen, i turned wifi on, and the downgrade was made. thanks for your work!

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does the newest version of this sysupdater check the files automatically (if they are right) or we have to use the option to check them before?

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, everytime the app checks the cia files it fails at the very first cia, I'm pretty sure I put the correct files.

In "root:/Updates/all the cias"

EDIT: I'm stupid, the MD5 checker is looking for the CIAs on the root of the 3dsx file.

Still, now with that done, the app just does nothing at the first CIA (it just stays there at GOOD)

Last edited by wiibomb,

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it has been sitting at this for more than 5 minutes... and everytime I start it this same happens, any tips please?

should I restart it? is this normal?

Attachments

• hax.jpg
    hax.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 495

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solid work man, I'm already downgraded but these safety checks should be good at stopping most User-Errors :)
Way to step up and seize the opportunity haha.

It is useless because anyone that should downgrade should know to have the right pack. The bricks mostly happen because the software crashes during downgrading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good