Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying o downgrade a n3dsxl from 9.9 to 9.2 but the updater freezes at init. Update files pass the check. Any idea whats going on?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Trying to downgrade a n3dsxl from 9.9 to 9.2 but the updater freezes at init. Update files pass the check. Any idea whats going on?
Keep trying hax have low success rate

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked at that Plailect fork of safesysupdater. It looks a lot more promising and has some protections put it to keep it from crashing and resulting in a browserless 3ds. Nice. Might use this one myself since my friend is wanting me to downgrade and install aureinand a9lh on his n3ds.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just looked at that Plailect fork of safesysupdater. It looks a lot more promising and has some protections put it to keep it from crashing and resulting in a browserless 3ds. Nice. Might use this one myself since my friend is wanting me to downgrade and install aureinand a9lh on his n3ds.

Ran through downgrade which completed. I had to reboot manually at the end and now the 3ds only has a black screen on start up. Any ideas on what happened? hitting the power button brings up the sleep modes mssage but hitting home causes the system to freeze.

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran through downgrade which completed. I had to reboot manually at the end and now the 3ds only has a black screen on start up. Any ideas on what happened? hitting the power button brings up the sleep modes mssage but hitting home causes the system to freeze.
Take sd out and boot

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

try to turn it on without an sd card in and see what happens.

edit: ahhh ninja'd lol

Last edited by Robert McCoy,

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yikes that sounds like a soft brick. hold on there's a thread on how to fix a soft brick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I get a message that an error has occurred and that I need to power down and restart the device. I've done this 3 times with the same result.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-unsoft-brick.420786/

edit: what was your entry method in the first place to downgrade? what did you use to boot into homebrew menu essentially?

Last edited by Robert McCoy,
D

Deleted User

I have OOT3Dhax as entrypoint and I need to downgrade a friend's 9.7 O3DS. Which sysupdater work best? I see a lot of fork, but none a single spoon.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Lol. I know how to downgrade. Just asking which fork work best on 9.7 O3DS. I read that plaisysupdater bricked some devices.
I was linking it because of the downgrader not because it was a guide. Also every downgrader has bricked devices. Plaisyupdater has some fixes that safesysupdater doesn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work