Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to this and terribly noobish question but what should I do with the files exactly? I believe I have everything setup, homebrew running, 9.2.0-20u(Full)_n3ds updates on the root. I'm assuming to just put the SafeSysUpdater.3dsx in the "3ds" folder to launch it from homebrew, but what do I do with the SafeSysUpdater.cia? And what should I be doing with the sysUpdate-master files from profi200's github?

Last edited by samsbrotherinlaw,

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to this and terribly noobish question but what should I do with the files exactly? I believe I have everything setup, homebrew running, 9.2.0-20u(Full)_n3ds updates on the root. I'm assuming to just put the SafeSysUpdater.3dsx in the "3ds" folder to launch it from homebrew, but what do I do with the SafeSysUpdater.cia?
Nothing the cia is not needed for what you are doing. Everything sounds good just make sure that the cias for the 9.2 update are on the root in a folder called updates

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing the cia is not needed for what you are doing. Everything sounds good just make sure that the cias for the 9.2 update are on the root in a folder called updates

I've read that freezes and glitches are commonplace while doing this. When/where are they most likely to occur and should I be hard resetting if it does?

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read that freezes and glitches are commonplace while doing this. When/where are they most likely to occur and should I be hard resetting if it does?
I wouldn't say they are common,but they can happen anywhere in the process, if you freeze at hack init, hard resetting is fine. If you get an error during the downgrade just come back and post here and I'll help out from there also using the plaisysupdater from here, it's the same as SSU but with some minor tweaks to improve support

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say they are common,but they can happen anywhere in the process, if you freeze at hack init, hard resetting is fine. If you get an error during the downgrade just come back and post here and I'll help out from there also using the plaisysupdater from here, it's the same as SSU but with some minor tweaks to improve support

Managed to update it successfully using safesys and no problems arised except for having to manually reboot the 3ds if you would call that a problem.

D

Deleted User

Can I hard reset when it says:

HAX SUCCESS (After pressing Y to Downgrade)

Init -> (Eaten up text, barely visible)

Obviously, it's frozen

EDIT: Yeah, it worked alright. Went back and downgraded weirdly but successfully.

Last edited by ,

Psaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So...
I´m trying to downgrade to System Version 10.5.0-30E, because 10.7 to 9.2 with Smashbroshax does not work. Thing is, I read somewhere that someone had the same problem as me, but by first downgrading to 10.5 and through there, getting menuhax, then downgrading to 9.2, he managed to make it work.

Now SafeSysUpdater is giving me the following text when I check my update files:
´´Check update integrity...

MD5 -> /updates/0004001000022000.cia -> FAIL¨

Now I was thinking: maybe this is because it is a 10.5 update file, and the program does not check for that. Could this be the case, or do I have to fix something before downgrading?

EDIT: As a side note, I just checked, and it does not do this with the 9.2 update package I also have on my PC.

EDIT2: And another side note: the update pack I have for 10.5 is 158.8mb.

Last edited by Psaiko,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
So...
I´m trying to downgrade to System Version 10.5.0-30E, because 10.7 to 9.2 with Smashbroshax does not work. Thing is, I read somewhere that someone had the same problem as me, but by first downgrading to 10.5 and through there, getting menuhax, then downgrading to 9.2, he managed to make it work.

Now SafeSysUpdater is giving me the following text when I check my update files:
´´Check update integrity...

MD5 -> /updates/0004001000022000.cia -> FAIL¨

Now I was thinking: maybe this is because it is a 10.5 update file, and the program does not check for that. Could this be the case, or do I have to fix something before downgrading?

EDIT: As a side note, I just checked, and it does not do this with the 9.2 update package I also have on my PC.

EDIT2: And another side note: the update pack I have for 10.5 is 158.8mb.
Safesysupdater only has the stuff to check 9.2 files

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried SafeSysUpdater on a N3DS XL, and although it said the downgrade was successful I received "An error has occured" screen on reboot. I ended up updating to 10.7 through recovery mode in order to get the system working again. I have tried three times now and each time I had the same problem.

Then I read this thread:-
https://gbatemp.net/threads/potential-reason-for-random-errors-on-n3ds-after-downgrading.410075/
I copied the 4 missing CIA files from the O3DS update into the N3DS updates folder (Making 106 files in total) but when I update with SafeSysUpdater it doesn't seem to be installing the additional titles.

@cpasjuste Why wont SafeSysUpdater install all 106 titles, and can it be fixed?

Last edited by Razor83,

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way to confirm what the correct md5 signature is for that specific cia update? I used another computer to download and extract the "9.2.0-20J(Full)_n3DS.zip" file and md5 signatures match on both computers, both SD cards. I'm thinking its just a glitch on the SafeSysUpdater app. I tried using just SysUpdater and 50% of the time, it crashes with a black screen, other half of the time, it freezes when I press Y or display a titleException: main.ccp:148: Result: 0XD900182F error. Based on other threads, I just have to keep trying til it downgrades.
Were you able to solve your issue? I Get the same thing on Safesysupdater.

Is the 20900 cia file md5 check fail on safesysupdater a false error?
This is for the Japanese New 3DS.
Need help on this one. Thanks!

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1