Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact : Nobody is perfect and we are all different.
Fact 2 : Better have one post than 1000 useless post ?
Fact 3 : Well I can have my point-of-view, I don't like sarcasm, even more when it come from people that don't know anything.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

Can I at least judge you by the fact that you keep saying "unicode program"? It's a ROP darn it, any sensible RE person would know the proper terminology for what you're referring to. Unicode isn't used for programming, or at least strictly to develop an exploit. In the case of the GO exploit it's just a small part of how they get the ROP payload in the right place.

Reactions: 72 others

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
And the 'lol 3ds scene' picks on yet another guy. For what? If someone's trolling about this kind of stuff they'd run out of steam soon enough anyway.

As for 1 post? Come on, you're telling me someone's experience and knowledge before their sign-up date don't count?

Reactions: Margen67

pidoubt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just for you Overlord00
Gateway 3DS is nothing special.

Gateway 3DS work as a Handshake with your 3DS (valid each signals) without the correct entrypoint, it doesn't work at all.
Remember is just a FPGA (programmable chip) that include an interface controller (control different payload) + secure the access.
But other than that all their work is software related. a CFW could exactly do the same or even better.

Reactions: Margen67

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for you Overlord00
Gateway 3DS is nothing special.

Gateway 3DS work as a Handshake with your 3DS (valid each signals) without the correct entrypoint, it doesn't work at all.
Remember is just a FPGA (programmable chip) that include an interface controller (control different payload) + secure the access.
But other than that all their work is software related. a CFW could exactly do the same or even better.

Aren't all known non-4.5 only CFW based on reversing gateway though?

Reactions: 72 others

pidoubt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I at least judge you by the fact that you keep saying "unicode program"? It's a ROP darn it, any sensible RE person would know the proper terminology for what you're referring to. Unicode isn't used for programming, or at least strictly to develop an exploit. In the case of the GO exploit it's just a small part of how they get the ROP payload in the right place.

Are you sure about that ? or are you simply mad by the fact that you didn't understand why I was refering unicode program.
Unicode programming, go search and learn.
Go exploit ? so you think is them who invented that ?
This was possible since while, working with a friend a chromium on stuff like that many time.
Get the right rop payload in the right place, not really.

Reactions: w0dash

pidoubt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aren't all known non-4.5 only CFW based on reversing gateway though?

What is the big deal about Gateway ? just because they make the first linker, doesn't mean they are the first to make this possible.
Is just a team dev that wanna to make business of it, they know that a lot of Nintendo consumers will be interested, lot lot of profit from that.
People who reverse Gateway, probably was mad at gateway to make profit from piracy, I don't know and I don't care.
I don't support Gateway at all.
Anyway I stop posting, apparently it was a bad idea...
So bye

Reactions: SLiV3R and mmn

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the big deal about Gateway ? just because they make the first linker, doesn't mean they are the first to make this possible.
Is just a team dev that wanna to make business of it, they know that a lot of Nintendo consumers will be interested, lot lot of profit from that.
People who reverse Gateway, probably was mad at gateway to make profit from piracy, I don't know and I don't care.

I'm not arguing with you at all, it's well known that gateway doesn't create the exploits. But they tend to be the first to publicly release them (in their product that is then reversed). Only then are the exploits used by projects like this one. That is why people look at gateway's launcher.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway I stop posting, apparently it was a bad idea...
So bye

take care now !

D

Deleted User

I need to give some explanation to complet Yifan Lu research.
Here an example (Payload 4.0) and how to unicode one.
0x08B47400: 0x0010FFFD ; (nop) POP {PC} = \udb6c\u0010
0x08B47404: 0x0010FFFD ; (nop) POP {PC} = \udb6c\u0010
0x08B47408: 0x0010FFFD ; (nop) POP {PC} = \udb6c\u0010
0x08B4740C: 0x0010FFFD ; (nop) POP {PC} = \udb6c\u0010
0x08B47410: 0x002AD574 ; LDMFD SP!, {R0,PC}=\ud574\u002a

0x08B47430: 0x08B47630 ; R1 = L"dmc:/Launcher.dat" = \u7630\u08b4\

This is just an example but as you can see the unicode is inversed : 0x08B47630=763008B4
Now you know how to make your own unicode program.

I needed to add this information since Yifan Lu didn't show an example of how unicode work.

What a bunch of nonsense... I can spot a troll from a mile away

This is the same level of nonsense as those 3ds pseudo code pastebins that some people here like to post

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What a bunch of nonsense... I can spot a troll from a mile away

This is the same level of nonsense as those 3ds pseudo code pastebins that some people here like to post

This guy sounds like Foetal_Error, doesn't he?

fuyukaidesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I need to give some explanation to complet Yifan Lu research.
Here an example (Payload 4.0) and how to unicode one.
0x08B47400: 0x0010FFFD ; (nop) POP {PC} = \udb6c\u0010
0x08B47404: 0x0010FFFD ; (nop) POP {PC} = \udb6c\u0010
0x08B47408: 0x0010FFFD ; (nop) POP {PC} = \udb6c\u0010
0x08B4740C: 0x0010FFFD ; (nop) POP {PC} = \udb6c\u0010
0x08B47410: 0x002AD574 ; LDMFD SP!, {R0,PC}=\ud574\u002a

0x08B47430: 0x08B47630 ; R1 = L"dmc:/Launcher.dat" = \u7630\u08b4\

This is just an example but as you can see the unicode is inversed : 0x08B47630=763008B4
Now you know how to make your own unicode program.

I needed to add this information since Yifan Lu didn't show an example of how unicode work.

Nice bait. You almost got me with your first post, but now everyone knows you're damn clueless.

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
By the way, OSKA doesn't have license agreements.
To prevent others from using our code with closed softwares, we should license our code under copyleft license.
I often use GPLv3. If you agree to use GPLv3, please like this post. If you disagree, please write your opinion.
The code owner, Aliak and many people liked this post.
So I made a commit.
License under GNU General Public License version 3 or later · f233d90 · Aliak/OSKA
https://github.com/Aliak/OSKA/commit/f233d90d524414b11be3b4a36f78a657ebee462a

Reactions: Margen67 and w0dash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1