ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Desenrascano

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the hard work dasding + others.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if you slowed down the updates to be every couple of days. Wouldn't mind just "major" updates every 3-4 days that cover stuff like all the hunter arts + their descriptions + finishing item names and descriptions or something in just 1 update.

D

Deleted-19228

Great, but...
Why? This seems like unneeded effort considering we're getting the game anyway, and if you wanted to understand it you would probably get the original.
Just a question though, no offence intended.

Oh? You know something we don't? MHX was never confirmed for US release.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@henn64

We wont see this game stateside for at around two years. We will probably get the Cross version after this game, like... Cross Ultimate. We never got the regular versions anywhere outside of Japan. So, no, we wouldn't see this game stateside.

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@henn64
We never got the regular versions anywhere outside of Japan. So, no, we wouldn't see this game stateside.
we did. why does everyone act like theres a pattern to monster hunter releases when they're isnt

we got MH1 but didnt get MHG
we didnt get MH2 on PS2 but we got Freedom 1 and 2 then Unite on PSP
we didnt get the MHG remake on Wii but we got Tri but didnt get P3rd then we got 3U

there's no pattern of any kind when it comes to releases

Last edited by BMO,
Reactions: henn64

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@henn64

We wont see this game stateside for at around two years. We will probably get the Cross version after this game, like... Cross Ultimate. We never got the regular versions anywhere outside of Japan. So, no, we wouldn't see this game stateside.
1-2 years, maybe. But while possible, an 'Ultimate' version isn't guaranteed. Ninja'd by BMO lol
Besides, I personally don't think it fits well with 'Cross'

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a pattern, bro. Maybe Im not 100% accurate, as the first releases of Monster Hunter were also here, but thats only because they were the first release.. Once they saw how they wanted to ship them, we got every other game. Not the first incarnations as Japan does...

We're also going off on a tangent here. The point of this fan translation is so we can enjoy this new iteration of MH without having to wait at least over a year. That is the purpose. Many people, like myself, like it. You don't and thats okay. Everyone has an opinion.

Last edited by ceelo,

henn64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because patterns can NEVER be broken.
Borrowing heavily from the internet right now but...
"Guys. It's not a pattern for Japan to get both versions, with us only getting the better one. It happened once [twice-ish]. Why does everybody think it's some trend now?

I'm talking about the people who say we have to wait for the better version to be localized. That has only happened once, there really isn't a basis for it."
"[another poster] was suggesting that they usually skip the base game and only give us the G game, which isn't true.
We did get MHF1, though, which was a pretty close port of MHG"

Monster Hunter > Monster Hunter G > Monster Hunter Portable/Freedom
Monster Hunter 2/Dos > Monster Hunter Portable 2nd/Freedom 2 > Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G/Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter 3/Tri
> Monster Hunter Portable 3rd > Monster Hunter 3G/Ultimate
Monster Hunter 4 > Monster Hunter 4G/Ultimate
Marked in bold are the games that were released in the US.

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a pattern, bro. Maybe Im not 100% accurate, as the first releases of Monster Hunter were also here, but thats only because they were the first release.. Once they saw how they wanted to ship them, we got every other game. Not the first incarnations as Japan does...
you have a weird definition of pattern then

henn64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you have a weird definition of pattern then
Every other game is a pattern.
If math class has taught me anything, it's that you need at least 3 examples to call it a pattern. And if it truly is a pattern, where's our Portable? (lol)

Last edited by henn64,
D

Deleted-188346

they're talking about monster hunter its perfectly related

but keep backseat modding I guess
This thread is about a fan translation of Monster Hunter X, not "General Monster Hunter". It's also negative. Brings down what should be a happy and cheerful thread.

Reactions: Talexius

Flowey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pray Smea or someone else manages to get HANS(or at least regionfive) working with MHX. Gonna be bummed if I have to return my copy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto