ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for posting this up so fast!
Now, if only I could have a N3DS then, I won't have to download a pre-patched cia everytime.
Thanks to @Traiver for uploading, though.
If you follow the 20 step process by @Drwho0894 on page 18, you won't need to download a cia anymore. Once you have the romfs folder, DecryptedExeFS.bin, and DecryptedExHeader.bin, you can continually use those to patch your own game every time a new patch comes out. It's a 5 minute process after you have everything to make the patched .3ds file, and then however long it takes to convert it to cia and install on your 3ds. I'm sure it's faster than having to re-download another patched cia.

D

Deleted-188346

Huh. I went to uninstall the MHX 1.0 CIA, and I apparently lose all my save data.
Any way to not have to reset my save file every time there's a translation update?

I'm on 9.2 with the N3DSXL, EmuNAND at 9.4, Gateway.

EDIT: Oh wait, do you guys recommend uninstalling 1.0 by using Title Manager or something instead of the 3DS Options > Data Management route?

Last edited by ,

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Huh. I went to uninstall the MHX 1.0 CIA, and I apparently lose all my save data.
Any way to not have to reset my save file every time there's a translation update?

I'm on 9.2 with the N3DSXL, EmuNAND at 9.4, Gateway.

EDIT: Oh wait, do you guys recommend uninstalling 1.0 by using Title Manager or something instead of the 3DS Options > Data Management route?
Doesn't Data Management removes everything related to emuNAND, including your save data? I just use BigBlueManager, uninstall the previous cia and install the new one.

If you want it to be easier, use a .3ds/3dz file.

D

Deleted-188346

I just use BigBlueManager, uninstall the previous cia and install the new one.
Nice, I'll do that next time.
Although strangely enough, even though the 3DS said something like ALL SAVE DATA WILL BE LOST, my save file is still intact and working fully.

Mikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you don't lose your save when you uninstall it through data management in system setting while you're in emunand.

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you follow the 20 step process by @Drwho0894 on page 18, you won't need to download a cia anymore. Once you have the romfs folder, DecryptedExeFS.bin, and DecryptedExHeader.bin, you can continually use those to patch your own game every time a new patch comes out. It's a 5 minute process after you have everything to make the patched .3ds file, and then however long it takes to convert it to cia and install on your 3ds. I'm sure it's faster than having to re-download another patched cia.
Is that so? Thanks for telling me. :D

Now... if only I haven't deleted my clean .3ds lol.
Thanks anyways. :D

kantana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
For .3ds files.

1. Obtain a clean rom
2. Transfer the rom to the root of your SD
3. Load up RXTools > Decryption > Decrypt CTR Titles
4. Wait till it's done
5. Once done transfer this to your PC somewhere.
6. Use the PackHack for 3DS RomHacking from: http://pastebin.com/A1s8cmsD by @Asia81
7. Put the .3ds rom you decrypted in the same folder that "Hacking Toolkit is in"
8. Run hackingtoolkit.exe then enter (Without quotations)"D".
9. Enter your .3ds files name without the .3ds extension. (So if your 3ds rom name is "monhuntx.3ds" then just enter monhuntx)
10. Let it run till the first menu screen comes up.
11. You should have, 3 "Decrypted.bin" Files and two folders called "exe" and "romfs"
12. Grab the NTR plugin download off the first page and extract it.
13. Go to NTR > mhx there will be an "arc" folder. Just grab this folder and extract it to somewhere you can easily remember.
14. Go back to the folder where you extracted the decrypted rom.
15. Go into "romfs" foler and you'll also see an "arc" folder. Merge these two folders and overwrite all.
16. Get "RomFS Builder" And then select the romfs folder you just edited. (So back up one where you see the "arc" folder"), let it run and then it will ask to save the romfs.bin. (Name this editedromfs.bin to avoid confusion)
17. Get 3DS Builder and run it. Check the "Use Pre-Built" boxes, both of them
18. Now click "open romfs" and select the romfs you made with the builder. Then select "open Exefs" and select the DecryptedExeFS.bin in the same folder and then click "open Exheader" and select the DecryptedExHeader.bin in the same folder
19. Chose your save location and name the file of your choosing and add .3ds at the end. Eg. "MHX.3ds"
20. Click go and enjoy your patched rom.

Thats the way I ended up doing it.

Quick question when using 3ds builder do you use Media device: card 2 or uncheck this box?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1