Status
Not open for further replies.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay. I'm just so confused right now because people like you are saying "Don't update." then there are the others who say it's okay to update because of the new hax exploits.
They're fucking stupid. Let them update, it only means they lose vulns. Stay the lowest you can, because when these are actually released, you never know which ones will be coming first.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
They're fucking stupid. Let them update, it only means they lose vulns. Stay the lowest you can, because when these are actually released, you never know which ones will be coming first.
The thing is that actually all entrypoints works with the last firmwares and also the kernel exploit that let you downgrade your console, so updating to 10.3 is not a problem... being on 9.5 or 10.3 is actually the same if memchunkhax2 works for every firmware.

Last edited by MasterLel,

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thing is that actually all entrypoints works with the last firmwares and also the kernel exploit that let you downgrade your console, so updating to 10.3 is not a problem...
Not all do.
If you want to update, then do as you bloody please. All I am saying is that if you are on a lower firmware, then stay on that firmware.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be able to eventually. Thats when GBATemp will become a shitstorm and die :(
Haha well it was pretty dead yesterday after everything was announced. XD If I can't update, can I at least get the new starter kit or is there no point in getting that?

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha well it was pretty dead yesterday after everything was announced. XD If I can't update, can I at least get the new starter kit or is there no point in getting that?
Yeah I cant see why not. All the starter pack is now is just updated to cover later firmwares. You should be able to use it too.

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Not all do.
Themehax does work
Ninjhax does
Browserhax does
Smashhax does
Oot3dhax does
Ironhax does..... etc

You have enough entrypoints to be sure to have a way to access memchunckhax2 on 10.3

All I am saying is that if you are on a lower firmware, then stay on that firmware.

All i'm saying is that there's no point on staying on a lower firmware if you can downgrade on the last firmware, because you'll get all the old exploits once you'll downgrade your console

julian20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People with O3ds can update their system no problem. People with a N3ds on 10.1 or lower should stay at the firmware, because SNS-hax code could be released erlier than memchunkhax2. I am working on the code, but it takes time

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
People with O3ds can update their system no problem. People with a N3ds on 10.1 or lower should stay at the firmware, because SNS-hax code could be released erlier than memchunkhax2. I am working on the code, but it takes time
Exactly. But o3ds user like me should not update past 10.4

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i got 2 old3ds with 9.4 and 9.5, and a new3ds 10.1
i guess i should stay on that firmware even if the access to haxable Ironfall is soo tempting right now...

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
i got 2 old3ds with 9.4 and 9.5, and a new3ds 10.1
i guess i should stay on that firmware even if the access to haxable Ironfall is soo tempting right now...

You can update without any problem at 10.3 (because then once memchunckhax2 is released you'll just downgrade), it's up to you man
just don't update the n3ds

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can update without any problem at 10.3 (because then once memchunckhax2 is released you'll just downgrade), it's up to you man

So, you're saying that it's okay to update the old3ds to 10.3 right now?
Just to make sure...

DiegitusXD

Trophies
XP
Country
What you will recomend me to do? I'm in 9.9 with ironhax 1.1,It is good to stay there or to update to 10.3? I have an O3DS

D

Diagamma

Coudln't we wait for the Memchunkhax2 release to know if we can really update ?

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Please don't update! There is no code for confirmation of stability of downgrade of each firmware! Listen to us! What if downgrading fails on 10.3 due to secret Nintendo code or something, we are not aware and need confirmation so don't update now!

Reactions: Zhull

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
If everything is working fine for you, there's no point updating the console that's true, but you can do that if you want/need to.
Coudln't we wait for the Memchunkhax2 release to know if we can really update ?
It's not like they aren't sure if the exploit would work... but yeah, for now, the best idea is to wait, no hurry

(ps: I haven't update my console, still in 10.2)

Last edited by MasterLel,
Reactions: Zhull
D

Deleted User

Please, can this thread be used to perform a deeper analysis of how Memchunkhax2 works and avoid to fill it with "should i update" or "hype here, hype there"?
It would be cool to reproduce this exploit, since it will change the scene, and i'm not sure they'll release a perfect and compact version of it for us. In my opinion they spoiled enough of their work.
I think we should use this thread to make a brainstorming of how we can code a library to get ARM11Kernel code execution... Or at least open a thread for that.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Come on guys! If you have access to the THL without internet, you should not update. Remember a lot of people lost the 9.2 exploits because they wanted to update his games, and now they dont have all the facilities of CFW. Dont make the same mistake!

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P