Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
If the new xl is anything like the old xl it's pretty damn easy to do the mod IF you're confident with a soldering iron. I know i've seen some pics of attempts people have done that have made me cringe and want to cry. haha

I see the stab at me there [user]gamesquest1[/user] haha To be honest i probably shouldn't have been even trying it when i did seeing as i was tired and (obviously) not concentrating properly, hence the torn cable. :(

Reactions: sanni

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If the new xl is anything like the old xl it's pretty damn easy to do the mod IF you're confident with a soldering iron. I know i've seen some pics of attempts people have done that have made me cringe and want to cry. haha
well, the old XL is by far the easiest to nand mod, the n3ds/n3dsxl are somewhere between the original standard 3ds and the original XL, as you need to remove the motherboard etc to do it where as the original XL only required you to take he back off to get access to the soldering points......but the actual soldering work is similar level of difficulty as the original XL, its only really the fact you have to disassemble the whole thing to do it that makes it more time consuming and risky for people tearing ribbon cables if they aren't too careful

I see the stab at me there [user]gamesquest1[/user] haha To be honest i probably shouldn't have been even trying it when i did seeing as i was tired and (obviously) not concentrating properly, hence the torn cable. :(
oh your not the only one, someone else had done something similar, that why im just saying its a bit more risky as ribbon cables can be torn quite easily if you forget to unhook one or twist it too much trying to get it back seated, none of those worries existed on the original XL

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Could somebody please say a few words about the difficulty level of a nand mod for the New 3DS XL? I'm confident with my soldering skills but I'm afraid that you can mess up the dis- and reassembly of the 3DS.
Also how do you route the cables since the nand points are on the other side of the board and where do you put the connector for the card reader. And which card reader works reliably with it.
Thanks.

Wrong thread. Way offtopic.

You'll get better help here...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-nand-backup-possible-i-hope.381506/

A pretty gal named Avalynn did some real good work on the N3DS XL nand mod :) She also checked out quite a lot of card readers. I would suggest you read up on the entire thread. It's a really good read, quite knowledgeable :)

Best of luck :)

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How do you read Nand.bin on a PC after you have dumped it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: Margen67

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lol and the favorite games isn't really for this thread either. Any eta guys? Really excited for the DS profile making its return woot woot!!

It is actually for those who have a N3DS or 2DS is fantastic.
OffTopic:I went blind, and I have ordered super Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, for my birthday.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a question that doesnt belong here but i am curius to know. That mset downgrading can make palantines cfw to load on higher firmware that 4.x.? If anyone knows, can answer to this? Thanks

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No software exploit, for a long time, will ever works on 9.5.
Didn't one of you report an exploit on this version and urge people to make NAND backups? Did it turn out badly or something? I was under the impression it was patched in 9.6. Is the exploit still out there?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Didn't one of you report an exploit on this version and urge people to make NAND backups? Did it turn out badly or something? I was under the impression it was patched in 9.6. Is the exploit still out there?
he did say
No software exploit
.....could be more hardware based :P

but still, i dont think any super easy exploits will be found released for a good while at this point

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he did say .....could be more hardware based :P

but still, i dont think any super easy exploits will be found released for a good while at this point

Well actually I was referring to all the crazy hardware exploits which popped up on 3dbrew as of late (I believe they were found by plutoo). You can get extremely early ARM9 access but the methods are a bit... insane to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo