Not open for further replies.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again I'd like to refer to Relys' excellent post:

At the end of the day this project is about developing things we want to use. Why you may ask? Because nobody is paying us to develop things we could care less about. There is also not ETA for release. Why you may ask? Because we do this in our free time and nobody is paying us to develop these features outside of our own pace. There is also no guaranteed feature set or release. Why you may ask? Because nobody is entitled to anything we develop and choose not to release.

But yes, we have plans to release, but our main driving goal is to learn more about the 3DS/N3DS, and maybe unlock things which can better the community along the way. Like emuNAND, and region free.

Reactions: Margen67 and Zidapi

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread has really derailed recently.
Almost makes me not want to read it.
Any chance of more moderation to get rid of the posts and posts of crap?
Still loving the dev content in this thread, but the sheer number of dumb people posting crap is astonishing. Pages and pages...

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also kinda... completely different to what we're doing. They get ARM11 kernel to apply patches and exit Cubic Ninja, returning to the Home Menu. We're doing FIRM launch and the project has a far greater scope.

I'd also like to point out our goal is not releasing, it never has been. Our goal is to piss about with the 3DS.

So please, relax. This is not a product.

YAY

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, so the OP bailed and left the project to 177..., how fucked is that.
Meh. Rokkubro the guy who created this thread isn't part of the KARL dev team either.
Team: Dazzozo, shinyquagsire23, WulfyStylez, Relys, and StapleButter.

so infuriating how these threads fill with users who have absolutely no dev skills or anything useful to contribute and shit it up. what about making a blog or something? I mean, so people interested can get updates on progress without having to read dumb posts from Vinscool and company?
That's pretty rich coming from you. I forgot I'd intended to put you on my ignore list. This has been rectified.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The word "either" implied that it was a comparison.
I can't read the "either" word in any of the post mentioned. Anyway I was just trying to make order in quoted posts. No need a teacher that explains me what "either" meant.
Anyway, i would ask if gbatemp allows whitelists per thread, i'm really interested only in devs posts.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A while back I remember you guys discussing about downgrading specific parts of a firmware or something, to downgrade an N3DS, to re-enable MSET I think?

Wouldn't it be possible to re-enable MSET on a 2DS as well?

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ARM3²DS
ARM3²DS+2
ARM3²DS++

Here's my naming suggestions :P standing for arm3²=arm9 and 3²ds can be 3ds and even maybe 2ds, and the others with +2 or ++ at the end is to add 2 for arm11. Maybe it also needs an N somewhere in there for the n3ds too... no need for a KA as it's already implied I think.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We know how to write emunand patches. It's likely a thing we'll include if we can get it working. Also your description of the eMMC registers applies to native mode too, except "change the device target" is honestly nowhere near how emunand works.

Almost missed this (about enabling TWL and but especially GBA FIRM), but I guess some clarification is needed. First off, using KARL's exploit, has this been working with SysNAND? So far I haven't heard anything about a regular 3DS in an exploited state capable of running the Ambassador GBA titles (Nintendo confirms the Ambassador certificate will transfer from 3DS to N3DS).

For TWL I'm assuming the idea is that when in EmuNAND mode you can still just pop in a DS cart and play and allows eShop titles. Is the goal for GBA to just allow titles from the eShop to work for those that have the Ambassador certificate, or will it permit an emulator that basically does the same (set up an environment then jump into GBA mode) but you can use your own ROM image?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For TWL I'm assuming the idea is that when in EmuNAND mode you can still just pop in a DS cart and play and allows eShop titles. Is the goal for GBA to just allow titles from the eShop to work for those that have the Ambassador certificate, or will it permit an emulator that basically does the same (set up an environment then jump into GBA mode) but you can use your own ROM image?
You know what, this ambassador stuff won't matter that much after KARL releases. Shiny already said a while back that he can get citrAGB running fullspeed on KARL.

Reactions: Margen67

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried out the arm9 branch. As far as I remember, the payload is supposed to make stripes on the screen..?
On the top screen, I'm getting a bright green pixel above a darker red pixel.
On the bottom screen, I'm getting a series of blue dots, with the second one up from the bottom lit a brighter color.

Edit: I used old 3ds 9.2.0-20U

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just tried out the arm9 branch. As far as I remember, the payload is supposed to make stripes on the screen..?
On the top screen, I'm getting a bright green pixel above a darker red pixel.
On the bottom screen, I'm getting a series of blue dots, with the second one up from the bottom lit a brighter color.
It doesn't support the new3DS, they're keeping that to themselves for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share