ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel free to set one up if you want to, but I don't feel up to maintaining anything like that at the moment to be honest.
Not trying to be that guy or anything, but is there a new release coming soon?
An (even more) unstable release?
A progress status?
You don't need to rush or anything, just curious where your at right now.

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rest assured that you won't have to. I however, will need some time to set everything up regardless of whether or not I plan to go through with it. In the meantime I'll create a flowchart for common errors which I hope you'll be open to looking at when I'm done.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to be that guy or anything, but is there a new release coming soon?
An (even more) unstable release?
A progress status?
You don't need to rush or anything, just curious where your at right now.
I've got a version with updated script randomization and direct support for the EU version, but that's about it at the moment. In theory, the new script system should be more stable, but it hasn't fixed the crashes I hoped it would. I could probably release that update sometime tomorrow, but I don't really have any big features to go with it.

AdeptArcanist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, hello? I've been trying to set it up (using the USA Special Edition), and I got to the point of using braindump to dump the romfs thingies, but when I try to extract the romfs with the romfs extractor, it just says "Not a valid romfs binary." Could someone help me?

Last edited by AdeptArcanist,

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um, hello? I've been trying to set it up (using the USA Special Edition), and I got to the point of using braindump to dump the romfs thingies, but when I try to extract the romfs with the romfs extractor, it just says "Not a valid romfs binary." Could someone help me?

I'm almost positive you extracted a .cxi. Please make sure I'm not mistaken. Use PackHack tools made by Asia81 (I forgot but I think its this) to extract the romfs file.

keeganp218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, i have revelations as a dlc for Birthright (NTSC). how would I randomize that? No option comes up for it in the randomizer, so I'm assuming it wasn't dumped.

AdeptArcanist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again! I re-dumped it and got it to work. Now I'm just wondering, how exactly does the brithright/conquest/revelation randomizer choice work? Do I have to select the one I'll be playing for technical reasons, or could I set it up to randomize absolutely everyone so I could use the file to play any of the three paths?

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again! I re-dumped it and got it to work. Now I'm just wondering, how exactly does the brithright/conquest/revelation randomizer choice work? Do I have to select the one I'll be playing for technical reasons, or could I set it up to randomize absolutely everyone so I could use the file to play any of the three paths?
Right now the application is only set up to randomize one path at a time, if you choose to play a different path then characters will not be randomized properly.

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, i have revelations as a dlc for Birthright (NTSC). how would I randomize that? No option comes up for it in the randomizer, so I'm assuming it wasn't dumped.

If you're trying to randomize a path, you must have said path files within the romfs. As such I assume you didn't extract the special edition files making you unable to randomize the Revelations path.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone ahead and released Beta 4-2. This is a very minor update, though it does add in a couple of important things that the randomizer was missing. I'm planning on adding in options for all routes and saving/loading randomizations in the next update, but I need to go through and redo a significant portion of the code for those two features to work. Anyways, here's what's new in Beta 4-2:
  • Touched up the script randomization code once again. This won't fix some of the more prominent crashes unfortunately, but it should resolve some issues at the least.
  • Support for European versions of Fates. No more renaming folders!
  • Mozu's finally in the randomization pool.
If anyone has something that they'd really like to see in the next version, I'm open to suggestions.

Reactions: Dylos and Redbit

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone ahead and released Beta 4-2. This is a very minor update, though it does add in a couple of important things that the randomizer was missing. I'm planning on adding in options for all routes and saving/loading randomizations in the next update, but I need to go through and redo a significant portion of the code for those two features to work. Anyways, here's what's new in Beta 4-2:
  • Touched up the script randomization code once again. This won't fix some of the more prominent crashes unfortunately, but it should resolve some issues at the least.
  • Support for European versions of Fates. No more renaming folders!
  • Mozu's finally in the randomization pool.
If anyone has something that they'd really like to see in the next version, I'm open to suggestions.
Have you figured out anything related to randomizing Corrin yet?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you figured out anything related to randomizing Corrin yet?
I actually haven't messed with it on Beta 4 yet. It might work better now given all of the changes to how scripts are randomized. I'll try it out and see if it's improved, though I'm not expecting much.

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually haven't messed with it on Beta 4 yet. It might work better now given all of the changes to how scripts are randomized. I'll try it out and see if it's improved, though I'm not expecting much.
I doubt it's possible, but a cool feature would be to also randomize My Castle quotes and supports independently or in correlation of their place in the story. Also randomizing enemy bosses (Nohr characters in Birthright) with the already available characters, so like in the level you fight Leo, the boss is Ryoma with his buds Elise and Oboro while getting access to Elise in say Azura's spot. If the boss thing isn't possible, it'd at least be cool to add non-route characters into the pool.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was Songstress taken out of the class pool? I haven't gotten any in awhile.

Also I hate chapter 5, I've had to rerandomize so many times due to not having a team that can beat chapter 5.

Edit: If Corrin ever does get randomized, chapter 5 will need to be toned down if there's no dragon.

Edit2: As far as Randomizing Corrin goes, if you switch them into Azura's spot at least the game wouldn't break after chapter 6 due to not having an avatar. Or maybe into Anna's spot with a forced recruit.

Last edited by Dylos,

JustTheMoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did all of the stuff to get custom firmware. Ran all of the Arm9LoaderHax stuff, got FBI, Luma and the Homebrew Launcher app. I even got a Fates Special Edition Cia. Now how to I randomize the Cia? Is there a particular program I can use to extract the files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work