ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

JustTheMoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I literally started this whole 3DS hacking thing yesterday. I really want to do randomized Revelations but I have revelationss as DLC. My biggest problem is that Decrypt9 is for console firmware below 9.2 when mine is at 11.2.0-35U. Ideally, I would like to stick with what I've been doing. I would like to pull the DLC off of my 3DS to extract or decompile or whatever to use in the randomizer. Can I do this without Decrypt9? If yes, then how?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I literally started this whole 3DS hacking thing yesterday. I really want to do randomized Revelations but I have revelationss as DLC. My biggest problem is that Decrypt9 is for console firmware below 9.2 when mine is at 11.2.0-35U. Ideally, I would like to stick with what I've been doing. I would like to pull the DLC off of my 3DS to extract or decompile or whatever to use in the randomizer. Can I do this without Decrypt9? If yes, then how?
There's an ARM9 exploit for 11.2 now, so you should be able to run Decrypt9 from your 3DS. Honestly though, modifying DLC without CFW isn't recommended. I'd just go all the way and follow Plailect's guide to set up CFW so you can access the tools you need if you want to modify DLC content.

JustTheMoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an ARM9 exploit for 11.2 now, so you should be able to run Decrypt9 from your 3DS. Honestly though, modifying DLC without CFW isn't recommended. I'd just go all the way and follow Plailect's guide to set up CFW so you can access the tools you need if you want to modify DLC content.
Ok. I understand now. So I need to set up another thing on my Homebrewed 3DS. This CFW thing will alow me to run Decrypt9 to decrypt the DLC?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I understand now. So I need to set up another thing on my Homebrewed 3DS. This CFW thing will alow me to run Decrypt9 to decrypt the DLC?
Yes, custom firmware will let you run whatever you want on your 3DS. If you aren't familiar with custom firmware, I'd advise looking into it first to make sure that you know what you're getting into (there's quite a bit more to custom firmware than there is to basic homebrew).

If you decide to go through with it, make sure to use this guide.

JustTheMoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got me too late. Already installed it XD. I'd like to think I can handle it. I'll come back bothering everyone if something messes up. But I believe as long as I can get decrypt9 working, I'll be able to finish what i started.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read through ALL, and i serously mean it, EVERY SINGLE STEP, please just pleas don't forget to read something and end up doing something dumb, i wish you the best of luck

Reactions: thane98

JustTheMoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just edit it to say -snip- its what most do
I joined this website like half an hour ago. I dont know what that means.

So in order to Decrypt, I need files in the files9 folder. Do I just move my fire emblem dump into that folder? How do I find and decrypt the DLC? The guide I have opened doesn't tell me how to get files where I need them to be decrypted. The guide says to place seeddb.bin and aeskeydb.bin in the files9 folder and that they shouldn't be hard to find but here I am, the idiot that can't find those files. I only see a seeddb_gen file anywhere.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I suppose I will have to do that whole CTR Transfer thing? Is that something I NEED to do. I figured I would be fine with just decrypt9

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to be fighting an uphill battle for messing with dlc stuff that's why there's only a handful of fates custom dlc. As one of the few who has made custom dlc I'll just say this, get a decrypted special edition it's so much easier to deal with.

Just don't ask where to find it here, we can't tell you.

JustTheMoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:cry: I can't download the special edition stuff. My laptop and the wifi and the college jsut dont work together for more than like 5 minutes at a time. If i try and download something more than like a gig or 2, it never finishes because the wifi craps out and dies and then I have to start the download process over again. Rinse and repeat. Frankly, this is an uphill battle I'm willing to face. I just am needy and helpless and am really hoping that people out of the kindness of their hearts can help me because most of these guides seem to be missing a lot of crucial details.

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
:cry: I can't download the special edition stuff. My laptop and the wifi and the college jsut dont work together for more than like 5 minutes at a time. If i try and download something more than like a gig or 2, it never finishes because the wifi craps out and dies and then I have to start the download process over again. Rinse and repeat. Frankly, this is an uphill battle I'm willing to face. I just am needy and helpless and am really hoping that people out of the kindness of their hearts can help me because most of these guides seem to be missing a lot of crucial details.
I also went into this not knowing jack shit. I got a lot of help from thane98 and this thread in general and am super grateful for it. There are a lot of things to learn when it comes to hacking 3ds (entry points, cfw, homebrew etc etc.) It¨'s gonna take some time, so if you can't start the process of installation try reading up and learning more about custom firmware. It really helped me (Also, use a sd card with more than 2gb space. I upgraded mine to 32 gb(which is overkill) for the reason i couldnt dump fates otherwise) Best of Luck!

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I joined this website like half an hour ago. I dont know what that means.

So in order to Decrypt, I need files in the files9 folder. Do I just move my fire emblem dump into that folder? How do I find and decrypt the DLC? The guide I have opened doesn't tell me how to get files where I need them to be decrypted. The guide says to place seeddb.bin and aeskeydb.bin in the files9 folder and that they shouldn't be hard to find but here I am, the idiot that can't find those files. I only see a seeddb_gen file anywhere.

I suppose I will have to do that whole CTR Transfer thing? Is that something I NEED to do. I figured I would be fine with just decrypt9
Look at the bottom of one of your posts, the word edit should be their, you can edit messages after you have posted them and if you wish to "delete" an unnecessary message you put up then edit the message to just say -snip-

For some reason only characters in cut scenes are randomized, the portraits for and names for them are not randomized in the scenes. I checked revelations and then checked everything I could except gay marriage and set passes to 100 assuming that's the amount of times it goes through and re-randomizes again and again looking for maximum affect. So far I've only tested up to where Kamui points out the collar being inside out hoping that at least by that point battles would be randomized. Any idea where I went wrong?

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason only characters in cut scenes are randomized, the portraits for and names for them are not randomized in the scenes. I checked revelations and then checked everything I could except gay marriage and set passes to 100 assuming that's the amount of times it goes through and re-randomizes again and again looking for maximum affect. So far I've only tested up to where Kamui points out the collar being inside out hoping that at least by that point battles would be randomized. Any idea where I went wrong?

I guess no one really stated it. All ally units should remain as they are (unless you did a model/scene swap). When they join you, they become randomized.
Passes is just stats. Doesn't affect anything else.

Edit: by join I mean they are now under your control from that point on.

I should also mention how a vast majority of cutscenes have had issues with swapping depending on how its randomized. Like characters models going back to default as an example. This is also a known issue for some randomizations

Last edited by Redbit,
Reactions: GCNMatt and jt_1258

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess no one really stated it. All ally units should remain as they are (unless you did a model/scene swap). When they join you, they become randomized.
Passes is just stats. Doesn't affect anything else.

Edit: by join I mean they are now under your control from that point on.

I should also mention how a vast majority of cutscenes have had issues with swapping depending on how its randomized. Like characters models going back to default as an example. This is also a known issue for some randomizations
The last paragraph is my randomization exprience. Everything within combat=random. Everything out of it (except for character battle models)=not random. Feels weird seing anna and shura talk as oboro and hinata

Corey Barats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies if this is a question that's been resolved before, if it has I guess just point me to where that solution is?
Anyways, I was able to get everything working as far as what I need to do on the computer goes. However, when I run the game using NTR, it only randomizes Hinoka's model in the very first battle animation (which in the picture provided, randomized her to Kagerou. It does not randomize the fact that Hinoka is saying the line, though). After the battle animation, everything goes back to normal, including Hinoka being Hinoka again. Any thoughts as to what I should do to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_20170125_144951.jpg
    IMG_20170125_144951.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 149

Nuss_Mustbust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have just started trying to mod my ds via home brew I have it installed but the modding part is hard for me. I have downloaded braindump in order to dump my data of Fire Emblem fates, I am trying to do the randomizer and I am following the steps but it still doesn't work properly. I am going to lost off all the problems I'm having and if any of you could help me I'd appreciate that a lot

1. Game crashes when I start a new game or branching paths, I believe the character creation screen is to blame

2.No DLC, I have all the DLC but braindump doesn't dump that so if any of you could get me something to help with that I'd be grateful

3.The units, some text, and character portraits are invisible, They are present as I can still use the units it's just bothering me cause they just don't show up and the character portraits either won't change or won't appear IDK what is happening but I would love to get it fixed

4.Game crashing/freezing, this happens every tome I try to start a new game and it happened to me when I tried to fight Xander, at the beginning of the story, I'm sure it's because I messed up somewhere but I fallowed all the instructions so I don't know what I did wrong

So yeah those are the problems and once again I'd be grateful if anyone could help.

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Game crashes when I start a new game or branching paths, I believe the character creation screen is to blame

Literally has nothing to do with it. It's a standalone thing that the randomizer doesn't even touch. Since player (corrin) randomization isn't even a thing yet.

2.No DLC, I have all the DLC but braindump doesn't dump that so if any of you could get me something to help with that I'd be grateful

This question needs further clarification. So I'll list out a few things that this sentence doesn't tell me.
1. What DLC you refer to? DLC can mean paths if you're not Special Edition. Or are you talking about the DLC such as Ballistician, Witch and Heirs to Fate episodes?
2. Digital vs Physical Copy
3. Region (if applicable)
4. Which loading method are you using. (NTR vs HANS)

3.The units, some text, and character portraits are invisible, They are present as I can still use the units it's just bothering me cause they just don't show up and the character portraits either won't change or won't appear IDK what is happening but I would love to get it fixed

Sigh, this is a known issue. I recall seeing a thread somewhere about the missing portrait. It's just not this one.

4.Game crashing/freezing, this happens every tome I try to start a new game and it happened to me when I tried to fight Xander, at the beginning of the story, I'm sure it's because I messed up somewhere but I fallowed all the instructions so I don't know what I did wrong

Even if you did do it right, it's a beta version so not everything will be fixed. This title is a work in progress. Like proper spelling, these things take time to fix. So please be patient while @thane98 works on his next release. Also chapter 1 is known to be somewhat unstable and thane98 continues to look for the code causing the issue.

@thane98 I also have a proposition. Although I'm not sure if this would warrant being necessary, I was wondering whether I should make a discord for troubleshooting.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@thane98 I also have a proposition. Although I'm not sure if this would warrant being necessary, I was wondering whether I should make a discord for troubleshooting.
Feel free to set one up if you want to, but I don't feel up to maintaining anything like that at the moment to be honest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo