ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Styled Birthright

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Fates hacking specifically, there are a few places that you can look at to get started.
  • RainThunder's repository/wiki. At the least, I suggest reading the BIN file page in case you need to do any hex editing. You can also find a list of important files at the bottom of the BIN page. The other pages on the wiki can help you figure out where things are located in the ROM. I'd also check out the repository - RainThunder has a lot of useful tools there that you'll definitely want if you decide to do any Fates hacking.
  • You can find a couple of my own tools here. The script editor and person editor would be useful for making changes to levels.
  • FE14 Dispos Tools can help you edit map spawns.
  • In general, the Fates ROM hacking general thread is the best place to go if you need help. The main post has plenty of notes about file formats as well as links to useful tools. If you don't know how to do something, you can get help pretty quickly by asking in that thread.

Thanks a bunch, and one last question: To start as a base for these edits, is there anyway I can find the vanilla fates gamefiles to edit or would I need to use my own copy?

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch, and one last question: To start as a base for these edits, is there anyway I can find the vanilla fates gamefiles to edit or would I need to use my own copy?
Distributing game files like that would be illegal - you'll need to get a dump from your copy of the game.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We back. Somewhat. This chapter is untested but here's a preview and download.

iJjzQQL.png
DeNBPpj.png

SKtIU9k.png
iOhOr5l.png
05XCVNZ.png

Chapter 13 download for your testing instructions:
Works if you have the previous version installed/downloaded.
Place A013.bin.lz in E:\fefatesSE\GameData\Dispos in your SD card.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0T413LWAPQYl85YldBYzdLRG8

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So happy to see this again!

Savage Blow won't do anything for Camilla.

I was going to suggest Shurikenbreaker instead, but thar random S.Steel Axe gave me an idea. I though maybe you had planned on making Selena a Hero and messed up, but... how about making Selena and Beruka Lv1 Promoted?

Selena could swap that useless Strong Riposte for Shurikenbreaker, on top of bows to wreck ninjas if you try baiting Camilla with them. Also, with a BK!Selena, Camilla would have +1 Mov... and if Beruka is a Wyvern Lord, you could have her pack Rally Defense.

It would make baiting Camilla that much harder.

I really think they should be packing the enemy only 1-2 weapons instead of the named weapons, but that's me. If you do that to every named character from now on, it would make things weird later on with Niles having a weapon he'd never use, Leo having something that the AI would always use over his PRF tome, and Peri having something that's simply pathetic.

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc bold stance doesn't work unless the one with the skill is in the lead position, you just don't see it in the vanilla game because the only user of it is in a pair up with themselves, just something to keep note of (so selena needs to be in the lead position for bold stance to take effect.).

Last edited by Samsonb79,

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I think you're right about bold stance. Guess I'll have to swap that around huh.

My original plans were to have Selena and Beruka be promoted units yes, but I decided against it due to inflated stats. Beruka has Rally defense regardless though.

Not pictured: The Generals on the Dragon Vein reduce to 1 hp tiles have Camadier(?) and their support units have Amateratsu so if you dont kill them right after popping the Dragon Vein, they'll heal back slowly.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BK!Selena can be baited with bows and mopped up at 1-range, whereas Beruka has classic flier weaknesses. i think it's fine to promote them.

Heck, they don't really need to have stats boosted so much.

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very interesting stuff Kobazco, looking forward to when this is finished.

Are you going to look at changing the stats of the player units? One of the biggest problems with Birthright was the massive power disparity between units like Setsuna and units like Ryoma. Making Birthright harder makes the weaker units all the more punishing to use.

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chapter 8 has now been reworked fully.

Chapter 8 Change list:
  • Mainly focused on the Seal Resistance into Magic +2 and Malefic Aura traps towards the back of the level.
  • Movement +1 units to help get around the desert faster.
  • Still mostly on Iron weapons.
  • A Dual Yumi Archer with Lancebreaker. (Might be too strong)
Chapter 8 Preview video:

I doubt anything is too strong with tonics.:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1