[Release] FE14 Dispos Tools

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by TildeHat, Jan 4, 2017.

1. TildeHat
    OP

TildeHat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Canada
    Don't want to look at dispos files through a hex editor? Tired of repointing blocks of data just to add one character? Or do you want to make a brand new file without doing it manually? Well these tools will help you achieve that.

FE14DisposTools.

Instructions in the readme.

Contains :
    - fe14dd.exe - Dispos decompiler - takes a dispos bin file and outputs a txt file.
    - fe14dg.exe - Dispos generator - takes a txt file and outputs a dispos bin file

Thanks to DeathChaos25 for finding some initial bugs.

2. thane98

thane98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 23, 2016
    United States
    I've needed something like this for a long time. Thank you for the tool, I'll be sure to put it to good use!

3. TildeHat
    OP

TildeHat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Canada
    Updated to output some bytes that controlled AI. So now if you recompile something like Conquest 12, enemies won't break pots anymore.

4. TildeHat
    OP

TildeHat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Canada
    There was an error with fe14dg breaking dispos files. Redownload if you have the previous update.

5. GigaMan

GigaMan Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    I'm having trouble opening these. Whenever I try, the Windows command prompt opens and closes in a second and nothing else happens.

6. TildeHat
    OP

TildeHat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Canada
    Make sure you're dragging the correct file to the corresponding program.

7. GigaMan

GigaMan Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Ah, I see. I had to drag it into the program icon and it just works its magic. I also had to convert .bin.lz into .bin, but I got it now. Thanks!