ROM Hack [WIP] Dragon Quest Monsters 3D: Terry's Wonderland - Translation Patch

Helmax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BelmontSlayer

I'm the MAIN organizer of the other translation project.
We already have done about 95% of the menu's and refined them.
We started on the dialog.
We also translated the images that are in japanese for this game (backgrounds, etc.)

You did NOT try to contact me, and you are going to need much more than a hex editor to translate all of this dialog.
I wrote a dialog/menu dumper/inserter tool, as there are custom font/hex tables, with all sorts of specific hex pointers/triggers etc.

@Darkshowdo

The project did NOT fall through. I got stumped on how to rebuild the SCR files in the link listed by @Pedeadstrian
[deleted]
I've reached out to several members of this community. Ironic that this thread receives more out reach in 1 day than either of the listed posts above.

For the rest of the people here....

I would love some sort of helpful response to the information I've provided instead of "when will it be done?" "good luck".
That is not helping further this along.

If you want to be part of the team we already have going.
I already have it to a point where i can dump and re-insert the menu/images, and rebuild a working .3ds file (for gateway/flashcarts)
You can also use the same files for NTR CFW, and working on an update CIA for retail cartridges.

Last edited by Helmax,

YuviApp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking back at my PM i do see i reached out to you twice about it but had no response back. (edited: I see that was pointed at Belmont)
I obviously know about your project and I've already told Belmont about it. It would be better if we all worked together to get this done. We all are wanting this done for the best interest of the DQ Community.

Last edited by YuviApp,
Reactions: Helmax

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm the MAIN organizer of the other translation project.
We already have done about 95% of the menu's and refined them.
We started on the dialog.
We also translated the images that are in japanese for this game (backgrounds, etc.)

You did NOT try to contact me, and you are going to need much more than a hex editor to translate all of this dialogue.
You come across as quite arrogant...and after viewing your post history, I'm going to have to politely decline. You are rude to other Gbatemp users and have no prior experience in the ROM hacking scene as far as I'm aware.

I've already started my own work on this game and have also finished translating the menus and I'm working on dumping and modifying the text stored as images now.

You are free to start your own topic, but please refrain from derailing my thread with any more rude posts. We can talk more in PM if you would like.

Last edited by BelmontSlayer,

GemSlimee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You come across as quite arrogant...and after viewing your post history, I'm going to have to politely decline. You are rude to other Gbatemp users and have no prior experience in the ROM hacking scene as far as I'm aware.

I've already started my own work on this game and have also finished translating the menus and I'm working on dumping and modifying the text stored as images now.

You are free to start your own topic, but please refrain from derailing my thread with any more rude posts. We can talk more in PM if you would like.
Again, if you need help I can help

Richter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I need to defend Helmax but I can personally vouch for him. If it wasn't for him and his prowess we would have never made it as far as we did on DQVII 3DS. And, the only hexediting we did was to change the language input for the name to English. Everything else was done by handwritten programs that calculated pointers and string length for inserting, dumping, and matching (if need be). Romhacking and translations shouldn't be about building a portfolio nor should anyone's skill be judged by how much they have done. Not everyone can be GideonZhi. But it should be about allowing fans to play games they may not have been able to.

Good luck on your endeavours if you need some help feel free to PM. You may not see this name on a ton of projects but I've been around in the scene since 2000 and have helped out plenty on the bigger ones that have been released. I am however certainly not talented as Helmax, unfortunately.

Last edited by Richter,

AdmiralToucan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any playable build of this with some kind of menu translations at least? I'm very interested since I can't really translate japanese on the fly.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Maybe the project is stuck or maybe stopped. There isnt any information about the progress or their intention.

darkdrium

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@BelmontSlayer
Hello, i'm a chinese translation group's hacker, and we have released a menu/skill/item/monster translated but without dialog version.
Many players like this game and they ask for full-translated version.
With much effort i still failed to descrypt the dialog, so can u help me a little, maybe just tell me the file format of dialog. Thanks a lot.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@BelmontSlayer
Hello, i'm a chinese translation group's hacker, and we have released a menu/skill/item/monster translated but without dialog version.
Many players like this game and they ask for full-translated version.
With much effort i still failed to descrypt the dialog, so can u help me a little, maybe just tell me the file format of dialog. Thanks a lot.

Can i see your patch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?