Hacking [WIP] Complete Custom Firmware Guide

AFITZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. I backed up my entire SD card before installing the emunand partition and copied it back after. My stuff isn't showing up on sysnand or emunand.

AFITZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are two folders on part of my SD card but only one on the backup. One is 16mb and the other is 2 gb.

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Faild to start am services". I got it with every FBI installer I tried
This is a problem for the FBI thread

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There are two folders on part of my SD card but only one on the backup. One is 16mb and the other is 2 gb.
You formatted sysNAND then...

AFITZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think I did. I just formatted the SD card using emunand9 and then it copied sysnand onto the sd card.

MetalGearSolis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was able to properly restore the H&S app, and I injected it back with the FBI.cia. I then booted into CFW, but it's STILL not working. I get "The software could not be launched. Please download again from Nintendo eShop." What am I doing wrong? :/

AFITZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think I unlinked it. everything was fine before installing emunand then as soon as I rebooted it was gone.

Is there a possibility that I can restore the sysnand from the backup partition on the SD card?

When I rebooted the 3ds after making emunand it said something about creating system data for a second and then went away.

Last edited by AFITZ,

AFITZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is NNID settings stored in sysnand? because mine are still there. I've easily spend 100$ on this stuff so I really need it back. Never mind. I fixed it by deleting the 16mb folder.

Last edited by AFITZ,

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Step 10
Install Themehax on sysNAND
  • boot your 3ds up
  • start CIAhax
  • start the themehax installer, this was included with the homebrew starter kit you downloaded earlier
  • follow the onscreen instructions to install themehax for your system version
Step 11
Install autoboot CFW
  • in the release of the CFW that you decided to use should be a .3dsx file,
  • Congrats you have an autobooting CFW!
Ok, so apparently I have already installed Themehax. It appeared to be successful, but I can't seem to get the HBL to boot when pressing L after turning the system on. Do I have to try installing again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44